Ron Brace on PUP list....already?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Ron Brace on PUP list....already?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4698547/five-open-camp-on-activepup-list

OK...I know he can come off the list any time before the start of the season.

But.....for goodness sake....what is up with this dude?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: Ron Brace on PUP list....already?

those are the guys that didnt pass the conditioning run. hernandez is pretty surprising...but maybe he has some lingering issues with his injury. either way that is concerning.
    the others were no surprise except maybe ty warren, because he came out a few weeks ago and said he felt as good as ever. kid of disappointing. no surpirse on brace or deaderick. they've got to be humiliated that guys like wilfork and love never seem to have a problem doing it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Good points, Artie.

I just shake my head that Ron Brace starts every da*mn season the same way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Look back on that draft , when we got Butler , Brace , Chung. We could have had some real studs. This kid has been a disappointment big time. Ive never seen him in shape thinking back on it. Plus iv never seen guys as big as Brace and Deaderick get pushed around so much. Brace especially must be a nervous man right now. The Pats dont need him and the fact that their bringing in D-lineman , ones that can actually play , isnt a good look for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I still have a lot of faith in Brace. Raji wasn't the only thing that made him good. I always pull for the home school guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Ron Brace on PUP list....already?:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4698547/five-open-camp-on-activepup-list OK...I know he can come off the list any time before the start of the season. But.....for goodness sake....what is up with this dude?
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

sigh

this could be his last chance...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

They PUP the big guys so they don't blow a heart valve, go easy on the kid, you were young once too. He's got talent, we need him backing up at nose tackle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Hernandez,Warren(who was perhaps exaggerating a bit when asked about his physical readiness) and probaly Pryor are working to get in football shape after their injuries.Brace's seeming failure to be able commit himself to getting into top shape is disheartening,if indeed he has totally recovered from his injury which put him out of the playoffs.Deaderick has talent but appears on the edge of squandering his chances and that is always a sad situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

We got to hide some people on the PUP list anyway, especially the DL types.  I've been looking at our possible 53 man roster, we are loaded and some talent is going to have to be hidden or cut.  I wouldn't read much into the PUP list now unless it goes on past the 2nd pre season game.  Cunningham started out on the PUP list too last year but got off it and played most of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Warren and Brace are coming off injuries as is Hernandez. None of them have had the benefit of rehabbing with trainers.

These are all lockout setbacks most likely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace on PUP list....already?:
    [QUOTE]We got to hide some people on the PUP list anyway, especially the DL types.  I've been looking at our possible 53 man roster, we are loaded and some talent is going to have to be hidden or cut.  I wouldn't read much into the PUP list now unless it goes on past the 2nd pre season game.  Cunningham started out on the PUP list too last year but got off it and played most of the season.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

This.

PUP doesn't just mean "Physically unable to Practice" to BB.  It also is another device he uses for strategic purposes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

What drives me nuts abour Brace is that he has the physical tools to be a very good DL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We are already close to the 90 man limit if they want to weed through some of these UDFA's it's not a bad plan to place players who came into camp with previous injuries from last season on the pre-season pup so they can rehab with trainers and not count on the 90man roster so that you can fill it up to evaluate those fringe players to see if you can find a diamond

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Every year at least one or two late-round draft choices break their rookies and are relegated to the PUP list.  This gives them a year to develop their NFL skills, and many of them make the team in their second years.

In this case, five reasonably ok but non-critical players are going to sail through the cutoff date on the Patriots roster if they just hush their mouths up.  Six to twelve weeks later BB is sure to have five injured (or useless) players and these guys should be all set to step right into a role.  Perhaps one injured player has a true injury -- he can be paraded around whenever Goodell comes to town.  The other four are in a Bud Light commercial.  "Hot dog!"

Some other teams such as Buffalo can only keep 53 players, but BB manages to somehow keep about 60 players.  He stuffed two players onto a military reserve list last year.  He purloined a really nice Denver linebacker/safety, a big nickel guy, away from a sleepy/dumb Denver front office and tossed that guy into the Patriots injured reserve pile.  He drafts people like Brandon Tate when they are already on crutches, to give them an extra year.   Marcus Cannon should make some kind of non-football injury list this September for his chemo treatments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

BB has to find creative ways to stash talent away too....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He stuffed two players onto a military reserve list last year. 

You dont stuff players on the military reserve.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

They can come off tomorrow. The injuries are likely not serious in any way shape or form.

I don't understand what Ty Warrens injury can be. They must be worried about their conditioning or something. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I read an article and saw an interview with Brace and he said he hired a personal trainer this offseason so he would be in good shape in time for camp.  This PUP is likely something else.  Not saying he shouldn't be scrutinized, but let's give him a chance here... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Seeing Ty Warren on that lisr worries me a lot more.....  What's up with that?  I though he was healed and ready to go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace on PUP list....already?:
    [QUOTE]We are already close to the 90 man limit if they want to weed through some of these UDFA's it's not a bad plan to place players who came into camp with previous injuries from last season on the pre-season pup so they can rehab with trainers and not count on the 90man roster so that you can fill it up to evaluate those fringe players to see if you can find a diamond
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I really hope that you are right, we need these guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

all three of them were seen on the sideline running and jogging, so clearly they are heathy but havent passed the conditioning test. its probably not that big a deal with warren, seeing as how he hasnt played in so long and clearly was exagerating his offseason work. but he's a proven vet and if he's recovered from his injuries we know he'll be good. 
    but the brace thing is really just annoying. he knows exactly what the test is. he clearly had to be embaressed last year to not be able to do it for 10 days or whatever it was. he should have been able to spend at least two weeks getting his endurance up for it! the fact that he couldnt even bother to do that after his experiences the past 2 years is a real disappointment and says a lot about the guy to me. the test cant be that hard if kyle love passed it. and belichick himself basically was admitting that its not so hard by saying that bernie kosar passed it every year in cleveland. the "brace is a bust" calls are getting louder....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

People are over thinking this.  All the guys on the PUP were out at the end of last year for various reasons.  They will be on the roster before too long.  BB does use the PUP list for different things so I'm not worried about this at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

They are both coming off surgeries from a few months ago. This is standard operational procedure if they aren't 110% ready to go yet.