Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game

They need all the help they can get up front. Not looking for Brace to be a super star, just to make solid contributions and hopefully stay healthy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He almost got a sack, and then two plays later he did force the quarterback's fumble.  Sacking quarterbacks simply isn't Brace's game - according to college scouting reports he stops running attacks and that's it - so it's a real plus for him.  Maybe the trainers asked him to get a bit smaller and faster over the winter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

hopefully he has finally stepped up. they say that the biggest leap is the 2nd-3rd year. Lets hope he continues to play at this level or higher, it is only a preseason game and only one preseason game. I still think BB will draft a DE/OLB with oaklands pick in next years draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game:
    He's bust. He'll be on the roster due to how thin out depth is on DL. Look for him to be game day scratch unless someone gets injured. 
    Posted by murghkhor

Brace MAY be a bust, but you couldn't tell it from the game against the Falcons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Never have understood why so many on this board are so eager to declare guys as "busts". I mean, this is a Patriot board. I'd think that would mean posters would be supporting rookies and/or underachievers, as least until they've had an adequate chance to prove themselves.

A bad rookie season at a difficult position to learn is not adequate. As far as judging when a guy is a bust, I have infinitely more faith in BB's and his staff's judgment than some joe-lunch-bucket who's ready to cut guys at the drop of a hat. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I'm just hoping he is able to fill Ty Warrens spot adequately.  Who knows...Perhaps he will surprise us all! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Never have understood why so many on this board are so eager to declare guys as "busts". I mean, this is a Patriot board. I'd think that would mean posters would be supporting rookies and/or underachievers, as least until they've had an adequate chance to prove themselves. A bad rookie season at a difficult position to learn is not adequate. As far as judging when a guy is a bust, I have infinitely more faith in BB's and his staff's judgment than some joe-lunch-bucket who's ready to cut guys at the drop of a hat. 
    Posted by unclealfie

agree

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Never have understood why so many on this board are so eager to declare guys as "busts". I mean, this is a Patriot board. I'd think that would mean posters would be supporting rookies and/or underachievers, as least until they've had an adequate chance to prove themselves. A bad rookie season at a difficult position to learn is not adequate. As far as judging when a guy is a bust, I have infinitely more faith in BB's and his staff's judgment than some joe-lunch-bucket who's ready to cut guys at the drop of a hat. 
    Posted by unclealfie

We have a bunch of total fakers on this board, drawn from a national audience, who are jealous of New England's nine straight seasons of between 10-6 and 16-0 seasons (and the next season looks wicked good so far). 

Let me sarcasticly get their tool pile all out on the table.  Brace is a bust.  Trade Edelman and Welker.  McCourty is from a small school, he'll never make the jump.  Spikes can't run fast, runners will just scoot around him.  Cunningham is missing because he's a bust.  Gronkowski has a bad back waiting to flare up.  Hernandez is too stoned to find the stadium.  Butler will flub it up.  Brady's knee is bothering him.  Moss is a malcontent. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

If he could prove to be worth the second round pick invested him it would be great. Between Warren, Wilfork, and Brace that three guys over three hundred that would hopefully open lanes for our linebackers. Our defense could be great this year. They already look more physical and with the our young agresssive secondary this looks like we could surprise some people and win our division....again. Go Pats!!!
    Posted by dshort3333

Could happen, give guys like Brace and Pryor plenty of playing time this pre-season and see what they are made of. Be nice to see 3 big d-lineman clogging up the entire offense line so our LB's are free to make plays.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

He's bust. He'll be on the roster due to how thin out depth is on DL. Look for him to be game day scratch unless someone gets injured. 
    Posted by murghkhor

This from the same clown to call Chung a bust after 1 season.  A bust requires a minimum of two full seasons before any determination can intelligently be made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'd rather have him line up at the RDE position that anyone else in the roster. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Mister Springfield man, go Ron!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In the 1+ year Brace has been with the Patriots, the game against Atlanta is by far his best showing.

What this means is that he has done less than just about every other draft pick from 2009.

That is not passing judgement, that is stating the fact that he is the worst draft pick from the 2009 class.

Hopefully he will stop eating the Double Whopper with the Biggie Fries and give us the help we need @ DL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In the 1+ year Brace has been with the Patriots, the game against Atlanta is by far his best showing. What this means is that he has done less than just about every other draft pick from 2009. That is not passing judgement, that is stating the fact that he is the worst draft pick from the 2009 class. Hopefully he will stop eating the Double Whopper with the Biggie Fries and give us the help we need @ DL.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game : We have a bunch of total fakers on this board, drawn from a national audience, who are jealous of New England's nine straight seasons of between 10-6 and 16-0 seasons (and the next season looks wicked good so far).  Let me sarcasticly get their tool pile all out on the table.  Brace is a bust.  Trade Edelman and Welker.  McCourty is from a small school, he'll never make the jump.  Spikes can't run fast, runners will just scoot around him.  Cunningham is missing because he's a bust.  Gronkowski has a bad back waiting to flare up.  Hernandez is too stoned to find the stadium.  Butler will flub it up.  Brady's knee is bothering him.  Moss is a malcontent. 
    Posted by Paul_K

You forgot that BB is egotistical and is trying to do it all without any O or D coordinator.
    Kraft is too cheap and does not want to pay the players
    Butler is too slow to make adjustments
    Merriweather is a bust
    Running backs are over the hill except Maroney - who dances and fumbles
    Brady is upset about his contract and is playing with a hurt finger

I am sure I am forgetting a few more...

given these, the Patriots should finish at the bottom of the division with a 5-11 record. As the Gauls say - 'The Sky is Falling' !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game : You forgot that BB is egotistical and is trying to do it all without any O or D coordinator. Kraft is too cheap and does not want to pay the players Butler is too slow to make adjustments Merriweather is a bust Running backs are over the hill except Maroney - who dances and fumbles Brady is upset about his contract and is playing with a hurt finger I am sure I am forgetting a few more... given these, the Patriots should finish at the bottom of the division with a 5-11 record. As the Gauls say - 'The Sky is Falling' !
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

I hope to you're joking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game : We have a bunch of total fakers on this board, drawn from a national audience, who are jealous of New England's nine straight seasons of between 10-6 and 16-0 seasons (and the next season looks wicked good so far).  Let me sarcasticly get their tool pile all out on the table.  Brace is a bust.  Trade Edelman and Welker.  McCourty is from a small school, he'll never make the jump.  Spikes can't run fast, runners will just scoot around him.  Cunningham is missing because he's a bust.  Gronkowski has a bad back waiting to flare up.  Hernandez is too stoned to find the stadium.  Butler will flub it up.  Brady's knee is bothering him.  Moss is a malcontent. 
    Posted by Paul_K

Wait , are you saying Hernandez is too stoned to find the stadium? That could explain why Brady picked him up early Thursday morning. Hmmmmmmm!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game : You forgot that BB is egotistical and is trying to do it all without any O or D coordinator. Kraft is too cheap and does not want to pay the players Butler is too slow to make adjustments Merriweather is a bust Running backs are over the hill except Maroney - who dances and fumbles Brady is upset about his contract and is playing with a hurt finger I am sure I am forgetting a few more... given these, the Patriots should finish at the bottom of the division with a 5-11 record. As the Gauls say - 'The Sky is Falling' !
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

What about the Cheerleaders? I heard 3 of them had the clap!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Said to Play Well in Falcons Game : I hope to you're joking.
    Posted by 49Patriots

ofcourse I am - check out the post I replied to for context..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Posted by unclealfie

This isn't necessarily simple troll behavior. You've got a handful of guys who like to predict everything so they can be out front, and next year, if Brace isn't renewed, they'll go into the archives and dig up some ancient shotgun post and sasy "See . . .   I called it."

The internet is a very sad place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, on the other hand, think that Brace is the second coming of Reggie White, Mean Joe Greene and Carl Eller rolled into one.  (If you can't detect the dripping sarcasm you ain't payin' attention)

What is this obsession with declaring someone is a bust because they are not gang busters right out of the shoot??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't know why some posters take this so personally and resort to name calling.

That could speak to those posters' maturity levels.

You should take your cue from Bill Parcells and BB. If, despite a player's draft status, the player is incapable of materially helping the team on the field, the player will not get on the field. See Shawn Crable, Dave Thomas, and Kevin O'Connell.

That's how you run a winning organization, not just a winning football team.

Sections
Shortcuts