Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three???

I think that will work with Pryor and Wright helping out...your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Re: Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three???

In Response to Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three???:
    I think that will work with Pryor and Wright helping out...your thoughts?
    Posted by patriots1a2

We now have vince and we have ty...why not Brace on the other side??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

Brace is a NT not and end, he is no way as mobile as Wilfork and would not be one to put pressure on the QB, ad as much as I like Vince he also is not an end rusher, this team needs more speed, not less

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Because Brace has proven he can't play at an NFL level yet. Maybe next year, but I wouldn't give him a starting position yet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ummm no. Brace is an NT. We will have a good draft and in 2011 we draft an impact player with the Raiders pick (OLB or DE).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

The Pats haven't hit a double in the draft in a few years, they needto hit a HR this year but I have a felling they won't, they are to concern with value for the pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three???:
    In Response to Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three??? : We now have vince and we have ty...why not Brace on the other side??
    Posted by patriots1a2

I like Wright and Prior, but Brace is a nose. I think he was injured last season, he had a back injury in college and it probrably hurt his play (alot). It's hard to imagine a guy that big and drafted that high getting pushed around that much if he wasn't injured.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well we haven't seen the draft yet,so I think I'll wait and see who they grab in the draft... They are rumored to be interested in bringing LeKevin Smith back. As for Brace his actual position is DT,he wasn't a nose at BC Raji was. In any case he could make the transition to DE if the Patriots were playing in a 4-3,but they are not they play a base 3-4.A guy who is on the PS is however a true DE Daryl Richards and he was pretty productive at Georgia Tech.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Or the Pats can draft a DE in round 1...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Myron Pryor is a beast
    check out what he did in college on his wikipedia page

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

The Pats haven't hit a double in the draft in a few years, they needto hit a HR this year but I have a felling they won't, they are to concern with value for the pick.
    Posted by ncpatriotfan

you don't consider Mayo as a double? or Edelman or Sea Bass?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

wilfork had 13 tackles in our playoff loss to the ravins...he was dt while wright was nt....a year in the system and brace can do that....clog the hole and banta cain gets his pressure

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three??? : you don't consider Mayo as a double? or Edelman or Sea Bass?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

A double is more than 1 quality player. In the past the Pats were averaging 3-5 per draft. With the holes this team has 1 Mayo per draft isn't going to get them another SB.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

First Brace as I understood it was going to be a couple years before he was starter material when we drafted him that is what I heard he needed to learn technique... so there is that but also I don't think he is the right body or skill type to be a DE. Pryor will see some time on downs when they use a 4-3.  I think they will shore up in other ways.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from canadayd08. Show canadayd08's posts

I think Myron would be alright at end, however I think we should address the position in the draft as well. As you know, it never hurts to have multiple bodies available for action in our defense. Jared Odrick from Penn State is really an intriguing prospect. He's got prototypical size, about 6'5, 310 or so. He shows good burst on the pass rush, but he is a bit of a liability in the run. Nothing too major, but he isn't gonna be like Ty or how Seymour was clogging the run. However, I think he can be coached up. He would be a really good addition, I think. Mike Wright and Odrick would be real nice rotational guys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

BRACE at right tackle.......it will work!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtg5017. Show gtg5017's posts

I agree on Odrick. Watched him play down here at Penn State for the past three years and the man is money. Proto-typical size at 6'5, 300+ lbs, and had 7 sacks on the interior this year alone! He could easily play the end position in BB's system and get pressure on the QB. I think he would represent great VALUE @ 22 (key word there haha) and definitely fills a need.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brace will progress from his rookie year to his second.  Near the end of the season, BB was defending Brace as not too bad, as opposed to a reporter implying that Brace was terrible. 

That said, Brace is not Vince Wilfork. 

If Brace gets a little better, against running teams (and on third and 1 situations) BB will switch to a heavy 4-3 with both Wilfork and Big Brace lined up as defensive tackles.  There's usually a place for a bulldozer on a BB team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

I'd like to see the Pats get a nice defensive end pass rush going, but I've been wishing to see that now for this entire decade. It's just not Billy Bs football style. The Pats have never really had that edge on the line, instead preferring to go with lineman who are more of the coverage run stoppers, and putting the pressure on the Linebackers and secondary to provide coverage as well as pass rushing.

They say this years draft is very deep at many positions, and has more then a handful of pass rushing DEs. My personal favorite is Graham from Michigan, and I'll keep my fingers crossed Billy B tries to go for a pass rusher with the first round pick. However, we all know he is unpredictable and will always take the best available according to his style of play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

First Brace as I understood it was going to be a couple years before he was starter material when we drafted him that is what I heard he needed to learn technique... so there is that but also I don't think he is the right body or skill type to be a DE. Pryor will see some time on downs when they use a 4-3.  I think they will shore up in other ways.
    Posted by DaBlade

this is funny. if you look back at postings from after last years draft, everyone on this board was ready to trade away wilfork because of brace. kind of like crable being the answer as the pass rusher we needed the year before. i know it was only once season, but brace looks to be much closer to bust material than starter material. hopefully he figures it out, but so far he looks like another in a long line of wasted 2nd round picks for us. with our recent track record (good picks in the first round, bad in the second), maybe trying to package all three 2nd rounders to move into the first round would be the way to go!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace,Vince,Ty...or front three??? : you don't consider Mayo as a double? or Edelman or Sea Bass?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Mayonaisse is an overated bust!  Ray Rice and the Ravens ran right over him in Foxboro!!!  We should have picked Mike Ohler of Ole Miss instead of trading down and out of the first round last year.  Brady needs more and better protection.  OLine weakness shows against good defensive teams, who you always play when it counts in the post-season. BB gets the dunce cap for that bonehead move!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from canadayd08. Show canadayd08's posts

Saying Mayo is a bust is just silly. Sure, he's not Ray Lewis, but he's good. Granted, he needs to come up some game changing plays, picks, sacks, and what have you, I think he's been very productive for this team. You have to remember, its the D-line's job to keep him clean so he can flow to the ball. In the Baltimore game, he got caught in the proverbial "wash" trying to get to the ball. It happens. Our woes in that game go against the defense, not just Mayo. Now, I will agree with your sentiment about the O-line. While Brady doesn't get "sacked" much, he gets plenty of pressure in his face. I don't think it is so drastic that we need a complete overhaul, but I think inserting Vollmer at LT and perhaps begin the process of searching for a new center would be fine. Don't get me wrong, Dan Koppen is a decent player, but its obvious that he's a bit undersized to be handling 340 pound nose guards every week. Its a bit like the Samson Satele problem from Miami. He was an alright player but just did not match up well against the behemoths inside, so Miami had to do something about it. Also, Kaczur is pretty unspectacular.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i don't think brace has the skillset to play de in a 34 alignment. i think there are some good candidates in the draft who can do much better than brace in that role. some will be available in the late second through mid-third. lamarr houston would be just one such guy.

Sections
Shortcuts