Ronde Barber

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Ronde Barber

He is underappreciated because TB is a small market team and has been pretty bad for a long time.  Heck of a player and should definitely be a hall of famer imo.  Here is a list of DBs from recent history that have 25 career sacks and INTs.  Maybe a few are left out, but it's what I could find.

Barber

Adrian Wilson

Rodney (the only guy to go 30/30)

Brian Dawkins

Pretty good company.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Tiki aint got sh*t on him, thats for certain. Ive always admired his play from afar and when he came up for a contract a few years back, I too was hoping we could get him. He is one of the best tackling CB's in the game. Great Blitzer and also makes plays on the ball. Excellent in the nickel after playing outside at only 5'9". Tough as nails and a team leader, now playing safety. A very,very good player who should be close the 30/30 club(def. 20/20) if not already but not sure where he stacks in terms on H.O.F. Its pretty hard on CBs so not sure, but I hope he gets consideration.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

What a career.  To me, a 1st ballot HOFer, hands down.  I don;t know what it is about some fans, writers, etc, not appreciating the players who are so good and so consistent for so long as a strength as far as being considered in the HOF.  Something tells me people won't think he is a HOFEr, but I think he is, without question.

Baseball is the worst, the NHL has had some delays in getting people in (Adam Oates just got in last year!), but this guy was such a cerebral player and has far too many records as a CB to not get in. 

1 SB ring, probably could have had more if Dungy was a better coach or they got a QB down there at some point.

For years, I had hoped TB was going to cut him so we could clip him up to play nickel here later in his career, but they knew what they had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronde_Barber

^^Darrell Revis should take note. THAT is what a HOF resume looks like.  lmao

definitely a HOFer...first ballot? i can see that though i guess there are counter arguments too

either way he will be in canton

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Tiki aint got sh*t on him, thats for certain.

Agreed.  Tiki was a good player, but as far as I can tell he was a total d bag to Eli.  I find it amusing that they won a SB the year after he retired.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Tiki aint got sh*t on him, thats for certain. Ive always admired his play from afar and when he came up for a contract a few years back, I too was hoping we could get him. He is one of the best tackling CB's in the game. Great Blitzer and also makes plays on the ball. Excellent in the nickel after playing outside at only 5'9". Tough as nails and a team leader, now playing safety. A very,very good player who should be close the 30/30 club(def. 20/20) if not already but not sure where he stacks in terms on H.O.F. Its pretty hard on CBs so not sure, but I hope he gets consideration.

as far as Tiki ur right and he was once one of my favorite giants and was a great talent...but once he showed what he was in 06-that whole season and when he left-i lost all respect for the guy

i then called him "upwardly mobile Tiki" because that's what he was-in love with himself and seeing everything in terms of "this will be good for Tiki"-it was deserved the way the team moved on and won the very year he took his self centered ways to retirement

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

• That gas bag Deion Sanders is a first ballot HOFer. In light of that, if Ronde Barber isn't elected with the first ballot, there is something very, very wrong with the process.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

• That gas bag Deion Sanders is a first ballot HOFer. In light of that, if Ronde Barber isn't elected with the first ballot, there is something very, very wrong with the process.

in light of what?

dont even put barber and deon in the same sentence thats how much better deon was

lets not overdo it with ronde...HOF yes but in no way shape or form the lockdown one on one cover that deon or revis are, no way

and he played in a zone-hell the one invented by his team- while deon and revis are on their own against the other teams #1 WR

come on u may not like deon and/or revis but let whats on the field speak for itself

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

in light of what?

dont even put barber and deon in the same sentence thats how much better deon was

lets not overdo it with ronde...HOF yes but in no way shape or form the lockdown one on one cover that deon or revis are, no way

and he played in a zone-hell the one invented by his team- while deon and revis are on their own against the other teams #1 WR

come on u may not like deon and/or revis but let whats on the field speak for itself

Speaking of gas bags...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

in light of what?

Speaking of gas bags...

hahaha that was actually a good comeback anti...not bad at all!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

in light of what?

Speaking of gas bags...

hahaha that was actually a good comeback anti...not bad at all!

...thanksLaughing

Just what do you mean by "lockdown"? To me that would include stopping the run, something Sanders couldn't or maybe just wouldn't do. Opposing offenses learned to either send a RB his way or throw underneath him and force him to make a tackle which he usually failed at. Defenses that he played on needed to have a safety or a LB shadow him to make the hits for him. His only talent was speed. If he didn't have that he was next to useless. Didn't he spend a majority of one season on IR because his pinky toe was sore? Pretty sad, if you ask me. Not what I consider a well rounded football player at all, let alone HOF worthy. The jury is still out on how good Revis is, but at least he has one thing over Sanders- he's not afraid of contact and willingly defends against the run. If pure speed is all you need to be in The Hall, then Demps is already there.

As far as mentioning Sanders and Barber in the same sentance, I agree. Sanders doesn't belong there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wow...leave it rusty to further discredit himself by saying Revis only had one great year. So the ones that were very good dont count and yet u still cling to McCourty being all pro as a rookie and he is safety in year 2???  lol

IN term of Deion,. he said it himself, I dont get paid to tackle and he made a lot of money doing so and most his teamates credit him for the SB success. He was a hired hitman who could shut down half the field. Seeing as noone has come after him, Id say its something. Also noone could match him in returns of INTS, punts, the guy freeking played offense!! , and not a gimmick. Caught a 47 yard pass in the playoffs. Gimme a break Anti-Deion is what u sound like.

M.Irving said he was the most physical CB he went up against. He made guys want to fight him...I'll take the word of the guys that played with and against him.

When has Revis ever returned a punt, let alone an INT for a TD? He is just a guy who is solid who beats up WRs at the line and does a good job of holding but he is the best in the past 4 or 5 years, although I would go with Patrick Peterson today as the best. He is closer to Deion with his Punt return skills. So you think the fact Deion played offense, returned punts and Ints for TDs like clockwork would excuse him for making a few "business decisions" not to tackle a big RB??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ronde Barber is a football player and a good one.  Excellent in all the ways you want a corner to be.  Always liked him as a player.

I don't like Deion Sanders; I just don't like him.  As a commentator he is horrible, does not know the English language and still think's he's the absolute cat's a_ss.  As a cornerback he never met a tackle he would make unless he absolutely had to.  Now, as a cover corner, I've never seen better; a game changer; a guy who had to always be accounted for.  Game breaking kick returner as well.  Probably the best ever.  Still don't like him though.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.