Rookie Blues....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Rookie Blues....

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/10/rookie_wrs_uncover_adjustments

They're still learning.  Really didn't expect otherwise. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Rookie Blues....

Was having an interesting conversation with an ex player and he also mentioned rookies hitting a wall in season. There is a point when these guys are not used to the preseason games, practice intensity, and playing 16 games.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

This will be an interesting next few weeks for the rookies. They have been practicing with Gronk for 5 weeks, but have not had him on the field for the games. I'd have to think that with Gronk out there at practice, things look different on the defensive side than they are seeing in games without him. Maybe the safetys have to cheat up a just little more to help with run support, or the LBs have to respect the TEs so the slants and crossing patterns will be a little easier, but it should open up some holes we have not seen the Pats have yet this year. And with Amendola getting closer to full health, the offense should be getting more in sync every week. Hopefully the young guys can take advantage of this as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Not sure on the Gronk points. I know ESPN was chasing the Gronk story on not having played yet pretty hard. Everyone was thrown a curve ball this week during the Bb presser when he mentioned "Dr's clearance".....everyone had assumed he was cleared 3 weeks ago and he was simply getting comfortable....apparently that may not have been the case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Not sure on the Gronk points. I know ESPN was chasing the Gronk story on not having played yet pretty hard. Everyone was thrown a curve ball this week during the Bb presser when he mentioned "Dr's clearance".....everyone had assumed he was cleared 3 weeks ago and he was simply getting comfortable....apparently that may not have been the case.

I made this point on a separate thread a while ago. In the litigous environment of today's NFL, especially with player safety, the medical staff has to be in the lead position on decisions like these. And there is no reason for doctors to risk their careers by declaring an injured player ready to play unless they arre 100% sure of it. I think the system is as risk averse as it has ever been. BB took a lot of shots for not saying when he thought Gronk or the others would be ready. I don't think he knew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I made this point on a separate thread a while ago. In the litigous environment of today's NFL, especially with player safety, the medical staff has to be in the lead position on decisions like these. And there is no reason for doctors to risk their careers by declaring an injured player ready to play unless they arre 100% sure of it. I think the system is as risk averse as it has ever been. BB took a lot of shots for not saying when he thought Gronk or the others would be ready. I don't think he knew.

And, rightly so.  Gronk is young. Why wouldn't he want to protect his career.  Careers in pro sports is not very long.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to neinmd's comment:

And, rightly so.  Gronk is young. Why wouldn't he want to protect his career.  Careers in pro sports is not very long.

Think about it, he broke his arm in October, then rebroke it in December. There is no was he was as strong in December as he was when he broke it, there was just not enough weeks for him to build all of the strength back up. So then he lets it heal, and it gets infected, so again, either limited or no strengthening. That finally is taken care of in May, and he then has the back surgery in June with a 12 week recovery period. Presumably he wouldn't be doing any heavy lifting from that for at least 6-8 weeks, or around late July-early August. So he's only has about 8-10 weeks to really build his strength back up after not doing a ton of lifting for 9 months. I'd be cautious too.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts