Rookie of the year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Rookie of the year

Pro Football Focus has Spikes up to number five in the race. Even more impressive: of the 17 players mentioned as candidates, five play for the Patriots...Only the Pats and Oakland have more than one player mentioned, and they have two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

Re: Rookie of the year

Yet they say BB cant draft and the 2010 draft was terrible!!! (great phrase uttered by the scholar that is Chad Ochocinco) CHILD PLEASE!!!! lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Nobody said the 2010 draft was terrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Hernandez is absent, but within a year or two he'll be one the best pass-catching TEs in the NFL; posing huge match-up problems for opposing defenses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That's impressive but I think they are also missing out on the play of Gronk. He hasn't been a flashy player but he's made his mark in the blocking game. Between him and Crumpler these are the reasons why BJGE and Woodhead have had such big holes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Rookie of the year:
    [QUOTE]Nobody said the 2010 draft was terrible.
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

I beg your pardon, they all come on here complaining BB dosen't know how to draft an scream for the return of Polsi (whatever his name is), How's he doing by the way???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

To be honest I am surprised to see Cunningham even ion the mix.  Hopefully that means he will continue to progress, which I am sure he will but just surprised to see him there really after two solid games.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Spikes has played well but I have him as our 3rd or 4th most impressive rookie though.  The guys in front of spikes have played well and he has Mayo next to him.  Not to take anything away from him he's well when the play comes to him. 

The most impressive rookie to me is McCourty, CB is by far the most difficult position to pick up in a BB defense, also he's out there on an island on some plays as well when the saftey is playing up.

Then Hernandez, Gronk and Spikes...

Notables

Mesko was huge in Baltimore game
    Cunningham is coming on
    Deadrick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Pats got a TON of young developing talent....I'm not too woried about how much hype the media machine does or doesn't give them....they are smart players that are learning to work as a TEAM & Bill has them thinking about the now so that they will only get better....Bill is the best coach in the NFL hands down....I can't wait till the next draft to see who he's been scoping out....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Rookie of the year:
    [QUOTE]Pro Football Focus has Spikes up to number five in the race. Even more impressive: of the 17 players mentioned as candidates, five play for the Patriots...Only the Pats and Oakland have more than one player mentioned, and they have two. http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/10/22/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-no-clashing-with-this-titan/
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

surprise hernandez is not on the list, oh well let the lunch pail do the talking. fi the rams win 9 games Bradford will be the mvp

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

In Response to Re: Rookie of the year:
    [QUOTE]That's impressive but I think they are also missing out on the play of Gronk. He hasn't been a flashy player but he's made his mark in the blocking game. Between him and Crumpler these are the reasons why BJGE and Woodhead have had such big holes
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Dropped Out: Rob Gronkowski (Patriots), Earl Thomas (Seahawks), Mike Williams (Bucs) and Rolando McClain (Raiders)

In the Mix: Jermaine Cunningham (Patriots), Devin McCourty (Patriots) and Aaron Hernandez (Patriots)

Actually, Gronk was on the list before last week specifically because of his run-blocking and TD catches. Pat's were only able to run out of their sub-packages against the Ravens, though, so he dropped out this week.

Regardless, having 5 of the 17 most productive rookies to this point in the season is just incredible. If we can get a stud pass-rusher and a starting o-lineman in next years draft, this team will become truly dominant very quickly.