Rookies coming off IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Rookies coming off IR

I'm sure there's more than one who can help me out on this one...  I've been of the impression if you IR a rookie it kind of kills their career.  Can someone please show me why this isn't the case?  They can't practice with the team, so I assume they can't work out with the team, either.  What can they actually do to help themselve get better at football? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: Rookies coming off IR

knit bibs with footballs on them, study the playbook, lift weights, practice football skills and technique. a one year delay shouldnt kill a career unless the player wasnt that good anyway

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Rookies coming off IR

Arodrambone is right. They can study up on the playbook, they can work with training staff to improve strength in the weight room as part of their rehab, the coaches can give them things to work out on their own and can instill technique as part of rehab workouts.

There is plenty a rook can do to get better during an IR stint. All said though it's not nearly as valuable as playing so they are a step backwards but a good player can over come that. It's essentially like being red shirted

Sections
Shortcuts