rookies so far......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

rookies so far......

From this years draft, who is making the bigest impact?
    Chung?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Re: rookies so far......

In Response to rookies so far......:
    From this years draft, who is making the bigest impact? Chung?
    Posted by NEforever

BUTLER

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

How about Edelman?  This should be a no brainer considering that most of the rookies haven't really played thus far except for this guy.  With regards to the Butler response....he has only played one game so far and his stat-line reads 1 tackle (everything else is all zeros).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Definitely Butler followed by Edleman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Pryor now on the radar...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

The fact that there are 4 or 5 names in the discussion is a good thing. Brace played some on Sunday and Vollmer could enter it before too long. I hope they post the snap breakdown for the defense in the blog. Also, Brandon Tate becomes available in week 6 or 7 and the way Galloway has looked so far I'm hoping Tate can help. Also, where did this McGowan kid come from?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

According to Mike Reiss and the stats line, Brace didn't play at all on Sunday...I had big hopes for him and Chung. The fact that Pryor is in there is remarkable...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

It is tough because all of these are spots that rookies don't usually get into quickly. OT, S, DT, are places where you don't get to play often.

Because of all of the three wide+ packages we see these days, CBs and WRs see more time as rookies than most spots. That and the fact that 'nick' responsibilities are dialed down (good for rooks) helps them get on the field.

Hence, it is completely logical that Butler and Edelman have seen the most time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aces1. Show aces1's posts

Well, where did all our second rounders go?  Thought they all had starter capability and yet none of them play.  Are they busts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

I think Butler will be our starting corner by the end of the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

ush, Mcgowan is 3rd year player we signed from Chicago, he played college ball for Maine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

How is this even a debate? Edelman has been playing some serious time with this offense so he has had the most impact.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: rookies so far......:
    How is this even a debate? Edelman has been playing some serious time with this offense so he has had the most impact.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I'm with you Killa.  Can't see how there is any debate about this either.  Edelman has made the most impact.  That doesn't mean he is our best rookie, or that he will have the most impact over the season, but he got an early opportunity to hit the field due to Welker's injury and he made the most of it.  BTW, I guess "sometimes" the preseason does provide an indication of regular season performance.   Edelman showed us something and Galloway didn't.  After 3 regular season games that has not changed.  

Still like our draft.  Edelman got the most opportunities early on, but I think we'll be seeing more of the rest of them down the road.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Chung is leading the pack for early disappointments followed closely by Brace.

Edelman through 3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Haha, Lets not overlook Ingram, no mistakes yet.  Losing Paxton was a concern that most have forgotten.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from uglar1. Show uglar1's posts

If a corner back is doing a good job, you might not hear his name at all. Since the QB isn't throwing at the guy he is covering.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Thanks harley!

Calling Brace and Chung disappointments might be a bit premature. ;-)

Edelman's been good, but that drop was brutal...at least the pass to Galloway was zipped into a tight spot. Edelman dropped what was essentially a 5 yd. toss with nobody around him in what would've been a big spot if our D wasn't playing as well as they were. Btw, I'm not arguing that Galloway's been better at all...just saying that the ball thrown to Edelman was a MUCH easier catch.

And I wouldn't really call this a debate as much as a discussion...so chill.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

ush, just curious what city is that in your avatar?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

Vollmer's nasty.  Better than Light

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

ush, just curious what city is that in your avatar?
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

I've asked that same question twice.  Still waiting on an answer.  Maybe we need to send him a 6-pack first?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I have 3 Sam Adams in the 'fridge can you make up the difference?..lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jlimo. Show jlimo's posts

Galloway is no good. Edelman has only dropped one ball - Lord knows how many Galloway has dropped, including 2 td passes. Maybe he'll improve, but both him and Brady know he's not performing. BB must see something in him that none of the rest of us do, but I'm all for taking Nunn off the practice squad.

Rookies? Edelman! I also like Butler. I don't think Chung has lived up to his potential, missed a lot of tackles in the preseason. Also glad they're not using him on kick returns - he fumbled those a lot.

Overall, the D has played well - better than I expected. I think the offense will find its rythem back by about week 6 or so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: rookies so far...... : I've asked that same question twice.  Still waiting on an answer.  Maybe we need to send him a 6-pack first?
    Posted by carawaydj

I am guessing either Phoenix or off the strip Vegas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

Galloway is no good. Edelman has only dropped one ball - Lord knows how many Galloway has dropped, including 2 td passes. Maybe he'll improve, but both him and Brady know he's not performing. BB must see something in him that none of the rest of us do, but I'm all for taking Nunn off the practice squad. Rookies? Edelman! I also like Butler. I don't think Chung has lived up to his potential, missed a lot of tackles in the preseason. Also glad they're not using him on kick returns - he fumbled those a lot. Overall, the D has played well - better than I expected. I think the offense will find its rythem back by about week 6 or so.
    Posted by jlimo

Question.... have you actually been watching any of the Pats games so far?  I think that Edelman shows promise for his ability to get open plus his shiftiness and ability to pick up yards after the catch.  However, if there's one major critique that you would have to make about Edelman thus far is that he does in fact drop too may catchable passes.  Now, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt seeing how he has only 3 games worth of experience at WR (He played QB in college), therefore I can fully understand him needing time to adjust, which is more than I can say for Galloway.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Butler and Vollmer

Sections
Shortcuts