ROOT for CINCINNATI next week against Houston.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

ROOT for CINCINNATI next week against Houston.

If they win, the pitt-denver winner goes to Baltimore.
    and we get cincinnati.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: ROOT for CINCINNATI next week against Houston.

So Simmons.......lol  (And go Bengals!)

6 for 22, 60 yards, 1 turnover, 3 points... good enough for the AFC West title! Teeeeeeeeeeeee-bowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yip. Thats the plan anyway. I kind of like the Bengals. But be careful what you wish for. They've got a solid defense and a talented qb/Wr combo. They could sneak out of The Razor with a W if the Patriots aren't diligent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Not scared of ANYTHING I have seen today.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I don't care who we play next week.  A young, inexperienced Bengals team, a Pittsburgh team with a hurt Ben and a hurt Mendenhall, or a Broncos team with a qb who SUCKS!  I like our chances vs all 3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickterp. Show rickterp's posts

This seems stupid, but I think this is correct: Assuming #5 Pittsburgh beats #4 Denver and #3 Houston beats #6 Cincinnati, then the next round would be #5 Pittsburgh at #1 New England and #3 Houston at #2 Baltimore. But, leaving aside Big Ben's status, does it really make sense for the top seed to get a 12-4 opponent while the #2 seed gets a 10-6 opponent? Doesn't it make more sense to reseed the teams based on record after the first round?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

The fact is whoever the Pats get they should handle at home.

If they can'y then the question of how thwy will do against Baltimore is moot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: ROOT for CINCINNATI next week against Houston.:
    [QUOTE]This seems stupid, but I think this is correct: Assuming #5 Pittsburgh beats #4 Denver and #3 Houston beats #6 Cincinnati, then the next round would be #5 Pittsburgh at #1 New England and #3 Houston at #2 Baltimore. But, leaving aside Big Ben's status, does it really make sense for the top seed to get a 12-4 opponent while the #2 seed gets a 10-6 opponent? Doesn't it make more sense to reseed the teams based on record after the first round?
    Posted by rickterp[/QUOTE]

It's not a stupid question, but it has certainly been addressed in the past. It's the same basic rules that kept the pats out of the Playoffs in 2008. We had an 11-5 record which was much better than wild cards. San Diego was 8-8 will the pats were 11-5 and we didn't in.  The NFL would have to do away with the significant meaning behind winning the division in which you play. I certainly don't think that's going to happen.

I do agree with your point that it makes it a flawed system that theoretically we could be playing the 3rd best team in the AFC based on records, not the worst.
     Maybe they could keep the system as is with divisions in terms of qualifing, but simply change the seeding based on records. I don't see it happening though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Doesn't matter, Pitt, Houston or Cincy are toast if they come in our house. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]Doesn't matter, Pitt, Houston or Cincy are toast if they come in our house. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

There's no scenario in which we play Houston in our first game, as even if they win the winner of the other game Pitt vs Denver would be a lowered seeded team. We can only play Pitt, Denver or Cincy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Yip. Thats the plan anyway. I kind of like the Bengals. But be careful what you wish for. They've got a solid defense and a talented qb/Wr combo. They could sneak out of The Razor with a W if the Patriots aren't diligent.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

agree thats why i rooted for the titans to get in. however this is the best scenario vs facing balt and pitt-denver winner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]This seems stupid, but I think this is correct: Assuming #5 Pittsburgh beats #4 Denver and #3 Houston beats #6 Cincinnati, then the next round would be #5 Pittsburgh at #1 New England and #3 Houston at #2 Baltimore. But, leaving aside Big Ben's status, does it really make sense for the top seed to get a 12-4 opponent while the #2 seed gets a 10-6 opponent? Doesn't it make more sense to reseed the teams based on record after the first round?
    Posted by rickterp[/QUOTE]

no it doesnt make sense, but follows the rules. cini wins over houston we face cinci

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

I choose to not root for the Pats to face any particular team come playoff time.  We fans can get it in our heads that one team will be much easier than another and then end up crying into our beers when they lose the game we thought was sure thing.  Whatever will be will be.  Just enjoy the ride and hope it lasts a while!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

nice sentiment jeff.
    will enjoy the ride.
    will enjoy it more if we hit a little luck to cover up our weaknesses on the way to an unpredictable super bowl win in a year when maybe we arent the best team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Bengals come here and give us good fight while letting the young guys lose their playoff cherry

Pittsburgh goes to Baltimore and has a bloodbath

On the one hand, I want the toughest path and I want revenge on Pittsburgh, but with this Patriots team getting their first playoff win means everything.  If they can get the monkey off their backs I think they make a run to the Super Bowl where anything can happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Bengals come here and give us good fight while letting the young guys lose their playoff cherry

Pittsburgh goes to Baltimore and has a bloodbath

i'll go along with that nick.
    and we go into the s.b.
    and luck out in that game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I say we take on all comers, no matter who is first. It toughens the soul.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think they can beat Houston, even though they did lose to them at home 20-19.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

should be a close gaem if cinci has a good game plan
    dalton had grit and heart, along with his arm against baltimore

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

id like to see the pats avoid pitt but  they dont scare me as much now that mendenhall is out and big ben is hobbled

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I'm not too worried about the 1st Pats playoff game - I think they can beat any of the three contenders. The Ravens though concern me a little if the Pats meet them in the division final - they have won here during the playoffs before and won't be intimidated (although they haven't been a great road team this year). The Pats offense should be able to put up some points, but the D will have to be stout against the run with Rice. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I look at it this way, if they're going to have a problem with anyone from the AFC than they don't stand a chance of winning the SB anyway so it doesn't matter who they play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I agree with you jeffab, I am not wishing for any particular team. I do think the Pats will take care of whoever it is though.

Sections
Shortcuts