In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm getting the feeling that people want to see the Bronco's lose in the divisional round.

Come on people! This is Manning vs Brady! If you truly believe the Bronco's are a joke of a team that demolished an easy schedule, then you shouldn't worry about the Bronco's beating us.

Honest to god, with my biased opinion, this potential AFC championship will be the biggest game in the NFL since the Pats made an attempt at 19-0. There's a Super Bowl every year, there's only been Brady vs Manning in a championship game twice, 1-1.

Two best Qbs of their generation and two of the best of all time. Both still playing at a high level but both near the end of their careers.

Seriously, going to use a hyperbole, but this has a game of the century type of feel to it.

More compelling than Marino vs Montana in the Super Bowl because Marino wasn't as established in the league just yet (yeah i know he threw 49 TDs but it was still only his second season)

Favre-Elway is arguable, and it gets points because it was the Super Bowl, but Elway was on his second to last leg and I don't feel Favre-Elway have the same type of Rivalry as Brady-Manning.

I would gladly give up home at the AFC Championship if it means we get to see Manning-Brady as opposed to the Ravens coming back to town. I will hate the Texans and Ravens forever if they win this weekend. Chargers already stole away this matchup in 2007.

Suck up your pride and root for Manning. These living legends need to go at it at least once more in the playoffs. We need a rubber match!

[/QUOTE]

Plain and simple... assuming the Pat's win and denver loses they get to play at home against the Ravens. Why would we as fans and season tickets holders want to root for denver when the team played the entire year to win and get home field advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Well I briefly mentioned it. I think Manning-Brady is special enough where I would sacrifice the home field for potentially a last shot at that QB rivalry in the playoffs. Assuming the NFL doesn't close shut down or the world doesn't end real soon, we're likely to have more home AFC championship game than Brady-Manning Title games.

My opinion! If you prefer the Ravens, I'm not going to argue with you! There is no right or wrong answer, just a matter of preference.

[/QUOTE]

For me it has nothing to do with the teams. As a season ticket holder it is me being selfish wanting another AFCCG at the Razor.

[/QUOTE]

I respect that

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Root for the Denver Bronco's

I have no fears about Fetus Head. But I would rather play the game at home.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

its never New England against Manning's team.  It is always New England vs. Manning's team and the NFL.

We can beat the Bronco's anywhere, provided the Manning rules are not invoked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have no fears about Fetus Head. But I would rather play the game at home.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO....hadn't heard that one before.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I will root for Balt just because I want to see horsehead go down. I'll admit it'd be better to the ones to put him out to pasture, but I like the idea of being at home for the AFCCG. I'm not one who thinks Denver is a weak team. I think they are a legitimate threat, and could beat the Patriots since it's out there. If it was in NE, I wouldn't see them as as big a threat, but it aint in NE. Losing to Gomer would be almost as bad as losing to Goober, and while beating him would be even better, I'd rather have the home game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One more thing to think about. Mathematically, what are the chances Horsehead and co. end the season with 14 consecutive wins and win the Super Bowl in his first year--accomplishing exactly what he was brought there to do in the very first attempt? Such symmetry rarely exists in sports, although it IS possible. At the same time, we'd have to honestly assess that it's not likely to end on 14 wins under those circumstances.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

There's a Super Bowl every year, there's only been Brady vs Manning in a championship game twice, 1-1.

Two best Qbs of their generation and two of the best of all time. Both still playing at a high level but both near the end of there careers"

That there-in lies the problem... NFL wants Manning . PATs must destroy all..  even if they lose the supebowl, at least they beat payaton. !!!!!!!!!!!  best of all time my Arse!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm getting the feeling that people want to see the Bronco's lose in the divisional round.

Come on people! This is Manning vs Brady! If you truly believe the Bronco's are a joke of a team that demolished an easy schedule, then you shouldn't worry about the Bronco's beating us.

Honest to god, with my biased opinion, this potential AFC championship will be the biggest game in the NFL since the Pats made an attempt at 19-0. There's a Super Bowl every year, there's only been Brady vs Manning in a championship game twice, 1-1.

Two best Qbs of their generation and two of the best of all time. Both still playing at a high level but both near the end of their careers.

Seriously, going to use a hyperbole, but this has a game of the century type of feel to it.

More compelling than Marino vs Montana in the Super Bowl because Marino wasn't as established in the league just yet (yeah i know he threw 49 TDs but it was still only his second season)

Favre-Elway is arguable, and it gets points because it was the Super Bowl, but Elway was on his second to last leg and I don't feel Favre-Elway have the same type of Rivalry as Brady-Manning.

I would gladly give up home at the AFC Championship if it means we get to see Manning-Brady as opposed to the Ravens coming back to town. I will hate the Texans and Ravens forever if they win this weekend. Chargers already stole away this matchup in 2007.

Suck up your pride and root for Manning. These living legends need to go at it at least once more in the playoffs. We need a rubber match!

[/QUOTE]

The only thing that bothers me about a Manning/Brady matchup is the Refs favoritism towards Manning. It is a shame that a game should be dictated by questionable calls that always seem to go in Mannings favor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am a Pat fan but a 49er fan too and I see the quandary. Balts win and  home field for AFL title instead of 5000 ft up in Denver.

We have a quandary too. Do we want home field to play the Seahawks which no one wants. They won last 3 reg season games by 50 pt average & thrashed the 49ers. Or do we want to play Atlanta on their home court.

Personally, I want Seattle in SF. Want a Pat-49er superbowl as NY ruined it last year & Pats didn't get revenge for loss to Giants 2 years ago and lost again. Happy NY out at 9-7 which is what they got in with last year.

[/QUOTE]

Where are ya at SF? I am sitting at my desk in Martinez right now.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was out all night drinking with buddies...I live in Mill Valley !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

you need to focus and cheer the Pats to victory first. nothing is a gimmee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Manning's young recieving crew early on at the Razor were not quite in tune with PM's offensive mind. They are now more seasoned and a greater threat to the Pat's secondary. In that first meeting, I recall Magahee dropping a hot read wheel route which would have netted him at least 25 plus yards while already in Pat's territory. He started heading up field before securing the ball and dropped it on 4th down. He then fumbled inside the 10 to tie the game late. At home, PM on fire and has inspired the entire team to play at a higher (no pun intended) level. This should be a great game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

And why is it you are hating on Rodgers and PM? It's because they are truly the only legitimate threats to TB's legacy. That is a dam n good reason to hate on someone. This is today's problem in America. Hate. You should be proud. In this case, I'm now a Broncos fan. Sorry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I want to see NE beat Denver, then beat San Francisco for the SB. That would extinguish the Manning vs. Brady debate and avenge the SF loss.

Time is running out for BB and Brady, and I would really love to see them take care of business and stamp their legacy as the greatest coach QB tandem the game has ever seen.

Of course, I would like to see NE beat the Texans first - hopefully another utter beatdown, just to stop that conversation too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The only thing that bothers me about a Manning/Brady matchup is the Refs favoritism towards Manning. It is a shame that a game should be dictated by questionable calls that always seem to go in Mannings favor.

[/QUOTE]

Please. Enough with this conspiracy stuff. You realize that most other fans believe the NFL rigs games for the Pats because they love Kraft so much or they want to over protect Brady.

Everyone thinks the refs is against their team becaues they ignore the favorable call their own team gets and nitpick on the ones that go against their team. Pats get a ton of bogus calls go their way too. Remember the hold call that Wilfork drew in the Super Bowl and admittedly said the refs got wrong? I'm sure plenty of fans all over were saying, "Typical, Pats get all the calls!". Get over it. Refs are human. You get bad calls for and against you all the time. No different than any other team.

Manning has 6 playoff losses of less than a touchdown. A lot of those were one and dones. If the NFL really wanted Manning to go far, they would have at least allowed him to get deeper into the playoffs. You can't honestly believe, that in 2007, the NFL would have rather had Chargers-Pats in the title game instead of Colts-Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to xBruzer77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am a Pat fan but a 49er fan too and I see the quandary. Balts win and  home field for AFL title instead of 5000 ft up in Denver.

We have a quandary too. Do we want home field to play the Seahawks which no one wants. They won last 3 reg season games by 50 pt average & thrashed the 49ers. Or do we want to play Atlanta on their home court.

Personally, I want Seattle in SF. Want a Pat-49er superbowl as NY ruined it last year & Pats didn't get revenge for loss to Giants 2 years ago and lost again. Happy NY out at 9-7 which is what they got in with last year.

[/QUOTE]

Where are ya at SF? I am sitting at my desk in Martinez right now.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was out all night drinking with buddies...I live in Mill Valley !!!

[/QUOTE]
    Cool. I work in Martinez, however I have to go to Daly City for Corporate meetings. I stay out of the city unless necessary. Been here since '84 when Throwin' Joe whupped the Phins in the Superbowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:
    [QUOTE]

And why is it you are hating on Rodgers and PM? It's because they are truly the only legitimate threats to TB's legacy. That is a dam n good reason to hate on someone. This is today's problem in America. Hate. You should be proud. In this case, I'm now a Broncos fan. Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

nobody cares.....and second off, hate is part of sports, if all the fans loved all the players in the game, it wouldnt be much fun. the hate makes it alot more interesting and competitive. and ill give you my reasons why i hate peyton manning, hes overrated, has a dry sense of humor, is on way too many damn commercials and look likes gomer. as for rodgers, i dont hate the guy, but i have to admit the discount double choke was pretty funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nobody cares.....and second off, hate is part of sports, if all the fans loved all the players in the game, it wouldnt be much fun. the hate makes it alot more interesting and competitive. and ill give you my reasons why i hate peyton manning, hes overrated, has a dry sense of humor, is on way too many damn commercials and look likes gomer. as for rodgers, i dont hate the guy, but i have to admit the discount double choke was pretty funny.

[/QUOTE]

I hate the NY Giants, the Packers and the Bears, all because of superbowl loses. Still hate Ditka, Favre, and Strahan. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every good player draws the ire of many fans. A ton of people hate Brady and think he's overrated and a diva. A lot of people hate Manning and think he's overrated and too into making commercials. Same for Rodgers, Brees, etc.

Everyone not a Pats fan loves to see Brady fail...that's why they created that whole, "Bradying" thing.

Hate means you're good. Nobody outside of Buffalo hates Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fact of the matter is, if you're not hated by over 50% of fans, then you're probably not that good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please. Enough with this conspiracy stuff. You realize that most other fans believe the NFL rigs games for the Pats because they love Kraft so much or they want to over protect Brady.

Everyone thinks the refs is against their team becaues they ignore the favorable call their own team gets and nitpick on the ones that go against their team. Pats get a ton of bogus calls go their way too. Remember the hold call that Wilfork drew in the Super Bowl and admittedly said the refs got wrong? I'm sure plenty of fans all over were saying, "Typical, Pats get all the calls!". Get over it. Refs are human. You get bad calls for and against you all the time. No different than any other team.

Manning has 6 playoff losses of less than a touchdown. A lot of those were one and dones. If the NFL really wanted Manning to go far, they would have at least allowed him to get deeper into the playoffs. You can't honestly believe, that in 2007, the NFL would have rather had Chargers-Pats in the title game instead of Colts-Pats.

[/QUOTE]

There are Peyton Manning rules every bit as much as there were Michael Jordan rules.  The Colts did not earn their Superbowl win, they were given it; go back and watch their playoff run that year.  The fact that several of Manning's losses were close only speaks to the fact that you can't completely control a game's outcome.

Brady's knee got hurt on a cheap shot that should have been called, and it wasn't.  And if you watch replays of the so called Brady calling for a penalty in his first year back, you'll see the referee in the background trying to get his flag out well before Brady asked about a penalty.

And those who call it the Tom Brady rule forget that it is actually the Carson Palmer rule.  The rule was written in response to Palmer's injury, not Brady's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Every good player draws the ire of many fans. A ton of people hate Brady and think he's overrated and a diva. A lot of people hate Manning and think he's overrated and too into making commercials. Same for Rodgers, Brees, etc.

Everyone not a Pats fan loves to see Brady fail...that's why they created that whole, "Bradying" thing.

Hate means you're good. Nobody outside of Buffalo hates Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fact of the matter is, if you're not hated by over 50% of fans, then you're probably not that good.

[/QUOTE]

haha you're right, but i do hate fitzpatrick for what he did earlier this year calling spikes a punk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I want a home game. I do not want to play in Denver. I root for Ravens. It also gives us a chance to redeem from the loss earlier this year and the fact that it took them missing a last second field goal last year....

So no, I am rooting for Ravens. But I expect Denver to win.