Rooting for Baltimore win against Denver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Rooting for Baltimore win against Denver

Bear with me -  Denver has one difficult game left -- at the Ravens--the other three games are cupcakes--so that puts them at 4 losses--which means we would have to go 2-2 for them to get the 1st RD bye. Ravens own head to head against Pats -but their schedule is pretty tough and I see 2 losses for the Ravens which would give them 5 losses. THE PATS NEED TO GO 3-1 IN THEIR LAST 4 GAMES TO GET A FIRST ROUND BYE--PERIOD!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Rooting for Baltimore win against Denver

Hmmmmm...no

We hold the tie breaker against Denver.

The Ravens hold the tie breaker against us.

I guess we should just focus on winning out and let the chips fall where they may.

However I think it would be best to have Denver beat Bal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

So your saying we should be scared of either the Texans or the 49ers? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well, I'm an early riser and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee so I think I'm thinking pretty clearly.

This ain't about the Texans, the 49ers or any other team for that matter.

It's about home field advantage for the playoffs.

Hey...here's a news flash.

The season ain't over.

The number 1 or 2 seed is on the line.

Playing 2 games and not 3 is the better path to the SB.

Playing at Foxboro is also HUGE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

right now it's a 3 way tie, and Patriots get tie breaker because of % win in conference.  If Denver loses vs. Ravens, it ends up being a two way tie; and ravens get tie-breaker because of head-to-head. Patriots get 2nd seed if Ravens lose to broncos, because of head to head record of patriots vs. broncos.

That's my understanding....tie breaking rules are confusing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, I'm an early riser and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee so I think I'm thinking pretty clearly.

The season ain't over.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just don't agree with the creator of this thread that the Pats should be in fear of the Texans or 49ers, which I think he creator of this thread was insinuating.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

All the Pats have control over is prerparing for and winning their own next 4 games. As someone else said, let the chips fall as they may.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Here's the games that affect our ranking

Week 14: Denver play Oak

NE play Houston

Bal play Wash

Week 15: Denver play Bal

NE play SF

Indy play Hou

Week 16: Denver plays Clev

NE play Jack

Giants play Ravens

Vikes play Hou

Week 17: Denver plays KC

NE play Dol

Bengals play Ravens

Colts play Hou

Now certainly we must do our part and win out. Catching Bal is very possible. Catching Hou is actually do-able but we must knock-em off Monday night.

We need to go all out for the # 2 and the # 1 would be icing on the cake.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The 9 are beatable.  They showed it again.  The texans are getting beat up, as are we.  I think the texans will tell us who we are.  We are who they thought we were, and they will let us off the hook!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The 9 are beatable.  They showed it again.  The texans are getting beat up, as are we.  I think the texans will tell us who we are.  We are who they thought we were, and they will let us off the hook!

[/QUOTE]

LOL....My favorite podium rant of all time......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol! Dennis Green's finest moment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Good thread jimmyt

Once the Steelers knocked off the Ravens ( TY Charlie Batch ) I got to thinking about the upcoming Broncos / Raven game and came to the same conclusion as you .

I strongly believe that the Broncos are the team that stands between the Patriots and getting back to the Super Bowl to finish the job .

I get the NFL Sunday ticket and have watched almost every snap of the Broncos and Ravens this season ( keep your friends close / enemies closer ) and can unequivocally say that Denver will crush that fraud of an elite team , the Ratbirds.

Conversely  - Nobody is beating the Broncos again in the regular season .

That means that should we fail to win out  ... a playoff trip to Mile High is almost a certainty .

No thanks .

So ...

I for one will be rooting for Baltimore to somehow eek out a W at home vs the Broncos

( too bad the replacement refs couldn't re-emerge with a hometown command performance ... see Pats week 3 debacle in Balt.  )

A Ravens victory vs Broncos means that even if the Pats win out  - they still might have to settle for # 3 seed ( if Ravens win out too ) but ...

I don't think the Ravens have any chance of running the table

( they're just as likely to go 0-3 vs Wash / G-Men / Bengals as go 3-0 )

I have come to really hate the Ravens over the last few years  , but I will be rooting for them to win when Peyton Manning's Broncos comes to town ...

Regardless of what the Pats do in their own games .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

The first and MOST important thing the Patriots HAVE to do is beat the Texans, as they are an AFC team. Then, they win their other games. They'll have only 1 AFC loss, presuming they lose to the 49'ers and go 1-3 against the NFC West. In a three way tie, their conference record gets them the #2, as all three teams do not have common opponents.

With that being said, I honestly feel that the Texans have the better chance of beating them, especially if the 49'ers revert back to Smith. Even if they don't, I see that QB situation causing issues within the clubhouse. A good friend of mine is a long time 49'ers fan (goes back to when they played in Kezar Stadium with Brodie as the QB, and Johnson, from BU, patrolling their defensive backfield), and he believes there is no imminent rift. But, when I asked how any other starting player (say, LB Willis) would feel if he was on a really good statistical roll, the team was directly gaining from his play, then had to sit a game with an injury, only to lose his starting job? Think that doesn't play in their minds? When is a 70% compl record, and a 4-1 TD/INT ratio "bad" eniugh to cause a player to lose his starting job?

The Pats have teh head-to-head advantage over the Broncos, but lose it to the Ravens. It's OBVIOUS to even Stevie Wonder and my mother, who still doesn't know which end of the football goes first in a throw, which team the Pats would want to win that game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Like most of you, I'm rooting for the Broncos over the Ravens because it helps that Pats to possibly get a first round bye. I want the first round bye so the Pats can hopefully get as many players rested and healthy as possible for the start of the playoffs.

I don't care who they play. The Pats either have the talent to win it all or not but I the Ravens, Broncos and Texans don't scare me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The season ain't over.                

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just don't agree with the creator of this thread that the Pats should be in fear of the Texans or 49ers, which I think he creator of this thread was insinuating.

[/QUOTE]

Hey dipsh_t  I never said I was afraid of the Texans or Niners- people kinda slow here!   Denvers only tough game left is Ravens --we own head to head against them---Ravens own head to head against us-so we need 2 more losses from Ravens if we don't win out-get it NOW !!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

The Patriots will have to run the table to stay ahead of Denver . The Broncos won't lose another game this season and won't lose a playoff game at home. Denver is the biggest threat to the Patriots, maybe even in the entire league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots will have to run the table to stay ahead of Denver . The Broncos won't lose another game this season and won't lose a playoff game at home. Denver is the biggest threat to the Patriots, maybe even in the entire league.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the one thing that scares me is the thought of having to go to Mile High and having to beat a very good Broncos team in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

How about a tie!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Denver is the scarier team at this point, so it makes sense to root for the Ravens. Rooting for them will be a lot more palatable though if first they lose to Washington on Sunday

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

edit: no delete button. stupid lameass board 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why are people overrating Denver? Is it the media's love for Peyton? McGehee  is done which was huge for Manning's playaction. Mays is done at LB, which is a huge loss for already a weaker MLB group.

They'll lose vs the Ravens.  Raiders might even catch them this week on a short week.

The big test for Denver is when they play the better QBs or offenses. When they do, they lose. Atlanta, Houston, NE.  

[/QUOTE]

Moreno has fit in just fine thus far. Remember, D. Thomas somehow fumbled inexplicably fumbled on the Bronco's first drive on a would be TD and McGahee dropped a ridiculously easy pass. I also think Manning is playing much better than earlier in the season. Same for Von Miller.

They played the Saints and absolutely shut down Brees when he was hot. I think Den is as good as advertised. But just like Baltimore defenses have had a history of slowing Brady, I think BB and Brady have a pretty good read on Del Rio led defenses. That being said, I think Den and NE are two evenly matched teams.

If the Pats lose a game, then you would have to cheer for Den to beat Bal. If the Pats can win the next two games, then you shoot root for Den. (This is all assuming we beat Jax and Mia)

That being said, the SF game is sunday night, so we won't know who we should root for. In that case, root for a tie!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

How many people are done for the season on the Ravens? Suggs maybe? Lewis? Who else? Wouldn't you rather play them come playoff time? And send Denver into Houston?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I want Denver to win. After that, as long as Denver, Balt and the Pats have the same record, the Pats have the highest seed.