1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Rooting for Baltimore win against Denver

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, I'm an early riser and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee so I think I'm thinking pretty clearly.

This ain't about the Texans, the 49ers or any other team for that matter.

It's about home field advantage for the playoffs.

Hey...here's a news flash.

The season ain't over.                

The number 1 or 2 seed is on the line.

Playing 2 games and not 3 is the better path to the SB.

Playing at Foxboro is also HUGE.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just don't agree with the creator of this thread that the Pats should be in fear of the Texans or 49ers, which I think he creator of this thread was insinuating.

[/QUOTE]

Hey dipsh_t  I never said I was afraid of the Texans or Niners- people kinda slow here!   Denvers only tough game left is Ravens --we own head to head against them---Ravens own head to head against us-so we need 2 more losses from Ravens if we don't win out-get it NOW !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Love you internet tough guys doing your typical Joe Pesci character impersonations behind a computer screen. Never gets old. lol

I was assuming that Baltimore as of now, still had the second seed but it looks like I was wrong due to the conference records. I also assumed you were expecting the Pats to drop a game to either the Texans or 49ers, being that those two look to be the toughest opponents left on their schedule. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Denver is the scarier team at this point, so it makes sense to root for the Ravens. Rooting for them will be a lot more palatable though if first they lose to Washington on Sunday

[/QUOTE]

Finnally someone who gets it--we want Denver to lose to Baltimore--  that way the Pats would have to lose 2 of their last 4 games in order for the Broncos to beat the Pats in seeding,(Denvers other 3 games are a joke!),---if we have to play them I want it in Gillette!!!! I see  Baltimore losing 2 of their last 4 games---tough schedule and dinged up!!! The Houston game is big because of the AFC tiebreaker rule!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well, I'm an early riser and I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee so I think I'm thinking pretty clearly.

The season ain't over.                

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just don't agree with the creator of this thread that the Pats should be in fear of the Texans or 49ers, which I think he creator of this thread was insinuating.

[/QUOTE]

Hey dipsh_t  I never said I was afraid of the Texans or Niners- people kinda slow here!   Denvers only tough game left is Ravens --we own head to head against them---Ravens own head to head against us-so we need 2 more losses from Ravens if we don't win out-get it NOW !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Love you internet tough guys doing your typical Joe Pesci character impersonations behind a computer screen. Never gets old. lol

I was assuming that Baltimore as of now, still had the second seed but it looks like I was wrong due to the conference records. I also assumed you were expecting the Pats to drop a game to either the Texans or 49ers, being that those two look to be the toughest opponents left on their schedule. 

[/QUOTE]

Nothing personal Rod-just that maybe you should stop Assuming? Again nothing personal - and I gave up fighting in my 20,s.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many people are done for the season on the Ravens? Suggs maybe? Lewis? Who else? Wouldn't you rather play them come playoff time? And send Denver into Houston?

[/QUOTE]

well jsut to say, lewis is playing this week and suggs is back, may play this week (even with the injury ravens are saying).

as long as we only play one of the pitt, hou, balt (denver wotn beat us up as much i feel, though mannign is th emsot dangerosu qb) and ideally at home that is my hope

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about a tie!

[/QUOTE]

ill take it. that'll do the trick

glad u suggested. lets get a tie

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots will have to run the table to stay ahead of Denver . The Broncos won't lose another game this season and won't lose a playoff game at home. Denver is the biggest threat to the Patriots, maybe even in the entire league.

[/QUOTE]

they are a legit threat. tehy do have couple key injuries

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ps if oaklnd wins thursaday its a moot point. hoping for miracles

:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Now that Balt lose one to the Steelers and I don't think they will win out having them beat Den would give us a 1 game breathing room

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

right now it's a 3 way tie, and Patriots get tie breaker because of % win in conference.  If Denver loses vs. Ravens, it ends up being a two way tie; and ravens get tie-breaker because of head-to-head. Patriots get 2nd seed if Ravens lose to broncos, because of head to head record of patriots vs. broncos.

That's my understanding....tie breaking rules are confusing.

[/QUOTE]

I believe this to be true as well, but then we have to worry about the Broncos having a better record than the Pats in general for that 2 seed...

And the Broncos are certainly dangerous, but we shouldn't forget that in it's last two meetings against that defense, the Pats have put up 45 and 31 points respectively...

That's pretty good...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Denver is the scarier team at this point, so it makes sense to root for the Ravens. Rooting for them will be a lot more palatable though if first they lose to Washington on Sunday

[/QUOTE]

Finnally someone who gets it--we want Denver to lose to Baltimore--  that way the Pats would have to lose 2 of their last 4 games in order for the Broncos to beat the Pats in seeding,(Denvers other 3 games are a joke!),---if we have to play them I want it in Gillette!!!! I see  Baltimore losing 2 of their last 4 games---tough schedule and dinged up!!! The Houston game is big because of the AFC tiebreaker rule!

[/QUOTE]
    Let's say all of the these teams are who they say they are.  If the Pats win out and Houston gets another loss while Balt looses to Den, we all end up at 13-3.  If that happens NE gets the 1 seed due to Confernece record because even with the loss to Balt, beating Hou and Den cancel that out.

That being said this is the second week in a row that someone started a thread trying to get us to root for a Ravens win.  Last week is was because we were scared of a Healthy Squealers team in the Playoffs, this week it's Den that makes us cower at night.  Are we getting Raven Trolls now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    shut it rusty

[/QUOTE]
    Let's say all of the these teams are who they say they are.  If the Pats win out and Houston gets another loss while Balt looses to Den, we all end up at 13-3.  If that happens NE gets the 1 seed due to Confernece record because even with the loss to Balt, beating Hou and Den cancel that out.

That being said this is the second week in a row that someone started a thread trying to get us to root for a Ravens win.  Last week is was because we were scared of a Healthy Squealers team in the Playoffs, this week it's Den that makes us cower at night.  Are we getting Raven Trolls now?

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    shut it rusty

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wuld assume that was the case...but I don't want to be called a "dipsh_t" again. lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Clearly these posters have not been watching football very long.  Watching Peyton Manning play against your team in the playoffs makes for a good comedy rather than a fright fest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Rooting for the Raiders to pull an upset over Denver tonight.

Root for Wash over Ravens, Saints over Giants on Sun.

Then the big one, Pats over Texans on Mon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  Clearly these posters have not been watching football very long.  Watching Peyton Manning play against your team in the playoffs makes for a good comedy rather than a fright fest.

[/QUOTE]

Especially in NE in Jan

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rooting for the Raiders to pull an upset over Denver tonight.

Root for Wash over Ravens, Saints over Giants on Sun.

Then the big one, Pats over Texans on Mon.

[/QUOTE]
    That would be an awesome weekend.  Can we get two or three INTs from Seyton Manning and 5 TDs by TB to stop the MVP debate on ESPN?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now that Balt lose one to the Steelers and I don't think they will win out having them beat Den would give us a 1 game breathing room

[/QUOTE]

Exactley-someone gets it-yeah!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many people are done for the season on the Ravens? Suggs maybe? Lewis? Who else? Wouldn't you rather play them come playoff time? And send Denver into Houston?

[/QUOTE]

But if Denver gets the 2nd seed the Pats would play Houston and then Denver? Like most of your posts Z, but this one has me head scratching. Real simple if we win out it doesn't matter if we lose one more we want Denver to lose at Ravens-based on my belief that # 1 we will beat Jacksonville and Miami and # 2 Denver will beat Browns and Chiefs in Denver and # 3 Baltimore will lose one of last 2 games aginst Giants,(home), and Bengals on the road.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I want the Ravens to beat the Broncos too.  Broncos have an easy week 16 and 17 (Browns and Chiefs) and will win both, the Ravens will probably lose one to either the Giants or the Bengals.  Therefore even if the Patriots lose to the 49'ers they will get a second seed should the Ravens beat the broncos and lose to either Giants or Bengals.

If Broncos win against the Ravens and then their last two (Browns and Chiefs) then they will get the #2 seed should the Patriots lose to the 49'ers.

But should the Patriots win all 3 then it really doesn't matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

The season ain't over.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Winning out should do the trick. It would be sweet if the Colts could beat the Texans, if that happens then it would be better if Denver beats the Ravens.

Sections
Shortcuts