Roscoe Parrish!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Roscoe Parrish!!

The Bills are looking to trade Roscoe Parrish, a great return man and decent WR.  Now before I start hearing all the negativity about Parrish, he's still better than what the Pats have at #3 WR, basically absolutely nothing!  Pats could pick him up for nothing, why not.  I take any proven NFL player at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Roscoe Parrish!!

Totally Agree here Grogan77.  This is a major issue right now with the Pats as far as a #2 WR (opposite Moss).  They (the pats) thought Galloway was the answer to be that 'Stallworth' of 07, but it hasn't worked out.  Heck, I thought Galloway would fit the role too, but seems like it isn't. 

I wouldn't mind getting a burner like Parrish here OR I was even thinking of you know who - in Seattle, Deion Branch? - you ever hear of this guy?....I know he is injury prone - etc - but heck, he does have a pretty good track record with the Pats. 

I just hope the Pats either figure this out - or get lucky and this works its self out.    (example: Cassel last yr - worked out)....

GO PATS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Roscoe Parrish!!:
    [QUOTE]The Bills are looking to trade Roscoe Parrish, a great return man and decent WR.  Now before I start hearing all the negativity about Parrish, he's still better than what the Pats have at #3 WR, basically absolutely nothing!  Pats could pick him up for nothing, why not.  I take any proven NFL player at this point.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/826150.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Tate is the return man. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He's not the outside receiver NE needs, he's just another slot guy.  As for his returns, he does most of his damage on punt returns, with 3 career TD returns, he also has 8 fumbles in 106 career returns (including 2 in 12 returns this year).  Buffalo can keep him......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Exactly, Parrish is exclusively a slot guy.  We have two very good slot guys.  We need an outside receiver.

Join me in hoping Brandon Tate quickly becomes that guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3812356. Show user_3812356's posts

Brandon Tate is going to be the answer, before his ACL injury he was lightning fast, he was the best WR on a team that had Hakeem Nicks who was a first rounder. He will be back after the bye and be a better Jabar Gaffney, he is way cheaper than Parrish and way cheaper than Branch who has played himself into oblivion in Seattle, we should punish him anyway for forcing his way out of town. Why would the Bills trade within the division anyway??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

We're beginning to sound like Jerks fans. Pick up other teams' scraps. Yes, I know it's a business and everyone does it. Parrish made it possible for the Bills to lose to the goshawful Browns when he couldn't handle a simple kick last Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB will only pick up someone who is an absolute steal at a certain price. 

With an imminent Junior Seau signing, BB will have to let go of someone.  Who?

That player's contract which ends at the end of the season (and the Patriots have a lot of them) would be traded for a draft choice.  BB always wants to commit NFL robbery, and the other team has stars in their eyes and wants to win this year and maybe sign the player to a long-term contract.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Is Tate going to be an answer this year, though?  I don't know...

I see him possibly becoming a big part of the return game, particularly kickoffs.  I think the Patriots are near the bottom of the league in average kickoff return (23 yards and change per return).  I don't know about punt returns - I like Edelman back there.  Tate does hold the NCAA record for returns, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

I totally agree that we do not need another slot receiver, that position being covered well by Welker/Edelman, who are also punt returners.  Roscoe also has the dubious quality of butter fingers on kicks, as other posters have noted.

You all should know that Yapple drew his own avatar, which I consider the greatest on all sports blogs, a portrait of the great Vito "Babe" Parilli.  Yapple, I never tire of seeing it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Would be a good pick up....is he better than Tyree who just got picked up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

BTW, Grogan77, your avatar is great too: the sorely underrated but highly effective Larry Garron following the blocks of ...Charlie Long and Billy Neighbors, maybe?  I know Hannah later wore #73, but the yearbook says 1964. The great Mike Holovak on the cover.  Terrific memories.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: Roscoe Parrish!!:
    [QUOTE]BTW, Grogan77, your avatar is great too: the sorely underrated but highly effective Larry Garron following the blocks of ...Charlie Long and Billy Neighbors, maybe?  I know Hannah later wore #73, but the yearbook says 1964. The great Mike Holovak on the cover.  Terrific memories.
    Posted by jimnagle[/QUOTE]

Thanks jimnagle, I wanted an avatar from the earliest years possible for the Patriots.  The Mike Holovak years are way before my time, but it's unique.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Tate is the return man. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Tate hasn't played, I'm not trying to be negative on Tate, but he hasn't played in a regular season game.  Before we call Tate the return man, shouldn't he play?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]He's not the outside receiver NE needs, he's just another slot guy.  As for his returns, he does most of his damage on punt returns, with 3 career TD returns, he also has 8 fumbles in 106 career returns (including 2 in 12 returns this year).  Buffalo can keep him......
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

What's Edelman?  Right now he's been playing some #3 WR and he's really a converted college QB.  I like Edelman, but this is not the way too go for the rest of the season.  Parrish would help, not hurt at this point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roscoe Parrish!! : What's Edelman?  Right now he's been playing some #3 WR and he's really a converted college QB.  I like Edelman, but this is not the way too go for the rest of the season.  Parrish would help, not hurt at this point.

What does Parrish offer that they don't already have? ........... outside of more fumbles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Much rather give Matt Jones a shot then Parrish

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Much rather give Matt Jones a shot then Parrish
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with Matt Jones, like I said, any proven WR at this point!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Much rather give Matt Jones a shot then Parrish
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Matt Jones is an intriguing idea, it would all depend of his legal situation and personal growth at this point.  Parrish is a slot guy and an average one to point,  Edelman is already growing into a beast opposite Welker, give it time...

Tate isn't going to help us significantly this season, he's not coming back from a serious leg injury to returning kicks anytime soon.  Not to say he couldn't make an important catch or two deep in the playoffs but don't look to him as our saving grace.

With all this talk about receivers, I find it odd and ironic that Joey Galloway is still a part of this team, maybe people count him out too soon because he hasnt been cut...  If he's holed up somewhere in the Patriot compound and studied the playbook the answer for receiver help might already be here. 

I think the play calling and offensive game planning is the bigger issue anyway, we are still deep at receiver compared to most teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I think I can honestly say that the Bills dont have a single player i would want on this football team. not one single guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]I think I can honestly say that the Bills dont have a single player i would want on this football team. not one single guy.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

I'd take schobel and donte whitner is an upgrade over mcgowan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimnagle. Show jimnagle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roscoe Parrish!! : Thanks jimnagle, I wanted an avatar from the earliest years possible for the Patriots.  The Mike Holovak years are way before my time, but it's unique.

Holovak was a terrific coach, who got a lot of mileage out of a tough, overacheiving band of castoffs.  I'd love to spend a day with Gino Cappelletti, the man who has been with the Pats from the very beginning, talking about those old days.  BTW, Gino was the all-time career scoring leader of the AFL- lot of TDs, a lot of FGs, a lot PATs.  Should be in the Hall.

Sections
Shortcuts