Roster cuts & WR/RB workouts...What's the logic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Roster cuts & WR/RB workouts...What's the logic?

I'm guessing w/the new 4-3 D we'll be carrying a lot of D-linemen than in years past. Like an extra 4 D-Linemen...

BB has to cut corners someplace....This leads me to believe w/all of the workouts @ WR/RB BB is going to dress light @ these positions on gameday...He's doing the workout's as "homework", if there is an injury we can nab a free agent on the fly incase of emergency...

I'm not sure what the deal is w/Vereen yet. but my guess is we suit up BJGE, Woodhead, Morris & Riddley on game day....

@ WR Ocho, Branch, Welker, Price.....& have Hernandez as a hybrid TE/WR option

I don't think Tate or Edelman are gonna make the club right now.

Maybe i'm crazy....like a FOX!

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

Re: Roster cuts & WR/RB workouts...What's the logic?

that looks pretty accurate to me.  as has been well documented, Tate loses a lot of value with the new kickoff rules, and it doesn't appear that he's blossoming into the deep threat that we all hoped he would be.

It's too bad that Julian might not make the team, as he's a great "Patriot", but like you said, gotta cut corners somewhere.

When are we gonna see Vereen?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

If Woodhead has a concussion, we might see Vereen pretty quick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

vereen wont be in till his hammys are clear AND he proves he can do what they want on the practice field. that's bb.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Tate and Edelman are expendable. They have had a shot and have not gotten it done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Tate and Edelman may very well not make the team but I think it really is too early to tell.  Both need to get back on the field and soon, however, or they will not make the grade. 

Actually adding to the D line because of greater use of the 4-3 really means fewer LBs are needed.  If any position takes a hit on game day it will be the LBs.
    My 2 cents.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

It looks like Tate is on the outs looking in especially with what BB said last week that PR will carry more value than KR because of the new kickoff rules.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I'm guessing neither Tate or Edelman have any kind of trade value...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Edelman will be around, he's Welker's backup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Emergency list....In case they are major injuries or a lot of injuries.  The Patriots would have an idea if the player(s) could play for the Patriots

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Endelman will likely make the team. He is a very good, dangerous punt returner. He is Welker's backup. He can be used as a WR, slot, and even out of the backfield. They have been running plays with him out of the backfield in practice.

Also, consider he is a proven threat once he does get his hands on the ball. Not only quickness and speed but moves. Tate is fast but does not have the shiftiness of Edelman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Hey I like Edelman, at times he looks like a Welker clone. Gotta think that if Welker wants too much $$, which he might, Edelman becomes Welker in 2012.

Price seems like a keeper, Tate is dead meat......

I'd be shocked to see BB let any more DT's go....WR's are a dime a dozen in this league. Good DT's are hard to come by....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Trade Hoyer and use Julien as the 3rd qb

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Roster cuts & WR/RB workouts...What's the logic?:
    Trade Hoyer and use Julien as the 3rd qb
    Posted by 347pg

You won't get much for Hoyer now...Another year of mop roles, he could be the next Kolb

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

talk who will make the roster, not who won't. you should find that there is no reason to cut some players that often get mentioned

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Tate and Edelman are expendable. They have had a shot and have not gotten it done.
    Posted by BabeParilli

You're right, they have gotten their chance, which is more than a lot of guys that are going to be cut in the coming weeks have gotten. Time to move on (at least with Tate) as for Edelman...I could care either way. He's the type of player that unfortunately gets hurt too much to really expect any real progress from.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I agree w KyleCleric2 see hwo things take shape as other cuts move towards the final 53.

Also you never know what other teams needs are if the injury bug continues as it has.

BJGE, Woody, Tate, Edelman, Price, Meriweather, Wilhite, Butler (and others) could all be tradeable if it is in the 'best interest' of the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Trade BJGE? Yeah right! BB loves this guy....Never says anything, never fumbles!

Trade Woody? Why? The guy will play anywhere BB asks him to & he makes nothing....

Trade Price?.....2nd yr guy who is finally adjusting to our system & is in the 2nd yr of a 5yr deal making nothing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I agree w KyleCleric2 see hwo things take shape as other cuts move towards the final 53. Also you never know what other teams needs are if the injury bug continues as it has. BJGE, Woody, Tate, Edelman, Price, Meriweather, Wilhite, Butler (and others) could all be tradeable if it is in the 'best interest' of the team.
    Posted by Patriots1970

If anyone gets traded it's Meriweather...You could make a case for them trading Welker too, but i don't see it happening...

Sections
Shortcuts