Roster moves coming?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Roster moves coming?

Field Yates @FieldYates 2m

S Steve Gregory, RB Brandon Bolden, WR Austin Collie not at practice. WR wearing 16, RB wearing 35 present. Seems like roster moves coming.

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 36s

we also saw two new players out there, but no word yet on who they are

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Roster moves coming?

In response to TFB12's comment:

S Steve Gregory, RB Brandon Bolden, WR Austin Collie not at practice. WR wearing 16, RB wearing 35 present. Seems like roster moves coming.

They worked out a WR and RB yesterday  IR for all.Cry

The Patriots worked out five players on Monday, including former tight end Jake Ballard and defensive end Justin Francis, who were both released by the team near the conclusion of training camp, according to a league source.

Ballard, however, who was originally claimed by the Patriots off waivers during the 2012 offseason, was signed by the Cardinals on Monday.

Meanwhile, Francis was waived/injured at the end of training camp and eventually released off of the injured reserve list. A 2012 undrafted free agent out of Rutgers, he landed on the Patriots' 53-man roster as a rotational reserve defensive end and special-teams player.

The Patriots also worked out running back Cierre Wood, wide receiver Greg Orton and linebacker Marcus Dowtin.

Wood went undrafted in 2013 after a productive career with Notre Dame, signing with the Texans as a free agent. He was recently released after violating team rules during a road trip in Kansas City. The violation reportedly involved the use of marijuana.

Orton has spent time with both the Bengals and Broncos, who released him on Aug. 26. Originally an undrafted free agent in 2009, Orton is 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds.

Dowtin also was an undrafted free agent, coming out of North Alabama in 2012. He has spent time with the Jets, Eagles and most recently the Bills. In five games for Buffalo this season, he recorded six tackles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 36s

we also saw two new players out there, but no word yet on who they are

They had a bunch of guys in for work outs yesterday...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Wow as in wow wow! Wonder what's coming.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

They worked out a WR and RB yesterday  IR for all.CryThe Patriots worked out five players on Monday, including former tight end Jake Ballard and defensive end Justin Francis, who were both released by the team near the conclusion of training camp, according to a league source.

Ballard, however, who was originally claimed by the Patriots off waivers during the 2012 offseason, was signed by the Cardinals on Monday.

Meanwhile, Francis was waived/injured at the end of training camp and eventually released off of the injured reserve list. A 2012 undrafted free agent out of Rutgers, he landed on the Patriots' 53-man roster as a rotational reserve defensive end and special-teams player.

The Patriots also worked out running back Cierre Wood, wide receiver Greg Orton and linebacker Marcus Dowtin.

Wood went undrafted in 2013 after a productive career with Notre Dame, signing with the Texans as a free agent. He was recently released after violating team rules during a road trip in Kansas City. The violation reportedly involved the use of marijuana.

Orton has spent time with both the Bengals and Broncos, who released him on Aug. 26. Originally an undrafted free agent in 2009, Orton is 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds.

Dowtin also was an undrafted free agent, coming out of North Alabama in 2012. He has spent time with the Jets, Eagles and most recently the Bills. In five games for Buffalo this season, he recorded six tackles.

Good info, thanks.

I know it's common for them to bring guys in for a look all season, but apparently they have two in pads on the field today.  Could it be running back Cierre Wood and wide receiver Greg Orton?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Jake Ballard??? That's an odd one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Jake Ballard??? That's an odd one.

Prob said, come back when you're better.  He signed else where, anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Nick Underhill @Nick_Underhill 7m

RT @DougKyedNESN: The Patriots' mystery RB at practice, No. 35, is Cierre Wood, according to a source.

Good call pezz4pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Here is hoping Gregory isn't out for a significant portion of the season. He has really raised his game out there. NE's defense is getting to be the same skeleton crew the offense was at the beginning of the season.

Complementary football!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So what is wrong with Bolden? I like Bolden, darn it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Even if Bolden is injured with Vereen coming back I am surprised they added another RB.  I hope it doesn't mean anything about Shane.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Even if Bolden is injured with Vereen coming back I am surprised they added another RB.  I hope it doesn't mean anything about Shane.

Good point and I sure hope it doesn't have anything to do with Vereen.  I have really been looking forward to him coming back. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Reports out of Boston.com, Gone for non-injury reasons.  But he wouldn't say because not announced.  Fred Kirsh

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Reports out of Boston.com, Gone for non-injury reasons.  But he wouldn't say because not announced.  Fred Kirsh

Just found this:

New England Patriots RB Brandon Bolden (knee) is not participating in practice Tuesday, Nov. 5.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=879139-patriots-brandon-bolden-not-practicing#ixzz2jnFx3n00

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Bolden kind of hung on to a spot here because he was the least bad at playing the role of 3rd down back/2 minute back.

Vereen is probably locked in then.

I don't think too much of Bolden, but at the same time I wonder what Ne thinks it can dramatically improve over his game on the FA wire.

Cierre Woods? He's a character, and a bit more fleet of foot , but I'm not sure it is a sea change in quality that merits bringing another player along in the system this late in the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Emergency list  for 2nd half of season? I dont expect any of these guys to play. Im surprised more guys havent been reached like Benard who I really liked in camp. With injuries to our backers, I thought he would be an option. Glad to see Francis back as we need all the help we can get there

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Former Houston Texans running back Cierre Wood, one of three players released last week for a violation of team rules, has notified all teams he passed a drug test taken shortly after he was cut, a source told FOX Sports.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

shalise manza young @shalisemyoung 3m

#Patriots have signed former Ravens WR LaQuan Williams, according to @RavensInsider

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Reiss is reporting that Wood is being signed to the PS to fill in for Kline who was promoted to the active roster.  Hopefully this means Shane is fine and on track to return against Carolina.  The WR is LaQuan Williams.  Expected to replace Bolden on STs and take Collie's roster spot as he is expected to be IR'ed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Former Houston Texans running back Cierre Wood, one of three players released last week for a violation of team rules, has notified all teams he passed a drug test taken shortly after he was cut, a source told FOX Sports.

So he could be a murderer ... just saying.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Reiss is reporting that Wood is being signed to the PS to fill in for Kline who was promoted to the active roster.  Hopefully this means Shane is fine and on track to return against Carolina.  The WR is LaQuan Williams.  Expected to replace Bolden on STs and take Collie's roster spot as he is expected to be IR'ed.

That stinks for Collie. Whatever this team amounts too, I hope people remember he had two of the most important catches of the entire season in some ridiculously daunting conditions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Williams worked out for the Pats October 15

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Couldn't tell at the game but it looked like Collie had his leg rolled up on. I am wondering if he is going to IR.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

That stinks for Collie. Whatever this team amounts too, I hope people remember he had two of the most important catches of the entire season in some ridiculously daunting conditions.

Sad to say but I don't think it is a shocker to see Collie IR'ed.  Never understood the signing in the first place.  Yeah, he made 2 clutch plays to help win but you just never do know, if he wasn't there would someone else have done so?  You don't know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Field Yates @FieldYates 1m

The Patriots have released WR Austin Collie, according to a league source.

Sections
Shortcuts