Roster Moves?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Roster Moves?

Anyone have any intersting predictions now that week 1 has passed? I am more specifically referring to vets who would no longer have there entire salary guaranteed?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Roster Moves?

The way they didn't even really use the TE's in the passing game and not sure how many times I saw Delvin out there (even in GL situations which was surprising) I wouldn't be shocked to see Fells back into the mix. There are also some WR's who are still in the open market. They might opt to bring someone in for a look after the Jets game if the rooks aren't showing progress. I'd also look into the OL. They didn't look all that great this game and wouldn't be shocked at them brigning in a G to have a look at.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

That 1mil minimum for vets in the CBA is going to kill a lot of vets.  Half the time the value just isn't there.  They should drop that minimum nonsense...  Pay guys what they are worth , simple ... Or you get this game by game roster juggling to keep the salary down...? 

Like... Was Leon paid even though he was inactive? I dunno.  They want him for Thursdays game against his former team, of course, so he will be paid for that and hopefully have a big game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Anyone have any intersting predictions now that week 1 has passed? I am more specifically referring to vets who would no longer have there entire salary guaranteed?

Only Fells can come back that couldn't come before week 1, they cut a lot of younger scrubs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

That 1mil minimum for vets in the CBA is going to kill a lot of vets.  Half the time the value just isn't there.  They should drop that minimum nonsense...  Pay guys what they are worth , simple ... Or you get this game by game roster juggling to keep the salary down...? 

Like... Was Leon paid even though he was inactive? I dunno.  They want him for Thursdays game against his former team, of course, so he will be paid for that and hopefully have a big game.

We need him, like badly. Blount isn't a KR man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Couple things coolaid, the cap hit for vets is reduced for min salary deals. It's almost chopped in half. So even though $1mil is a lot the actually cap hit is not as much. Additionally since it's non-gauranteed the only chance they have to make that $1mil is if they finish the entire year starting from essentially the day after week 1 which is extremely rare. It's not as bad as anyone thinks and if they do earn that full $1mil than $1mil for a vet to fill a roster spot is most likely more productive than a rook who needs developing and won't provide much during the week for practice compared to a vet who knows how to help the team prepare.

Leon got a paycheck. Anyone on the 53 squad gets paid regardless if they are active or not

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I think we may see Marcus Forston activated from the practice squad for thursday. The Jet's are going to try and run between the tackles and the Pat's are going to need some big body depth in the interior.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I think we may see Marcus Forston activated from the practice squad for thursday. The Jet's are going to try and run between the tackles and the Pat's are going to need some big body depth in the interior.

We might see BB call pressure plays, no one on the Jets can beat us down field. Also, hoping Dobson an Boyce show up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Couple things coolaid, the cap hit for vets is reduced for min salary deals. It's almost chopped in half. So even though $1mil is a lot the actually cap hit is not as much. Additionally since it's non-gauranteed the only chance they have to make that $1mil is if they finish the entire year starting from essentially the day after week 1 which is extremely rare. It's not as bad as anyone thinks and if they do earn that full $1mil than $1mil for a vet to fill a roster spot is most likely more productive than a rook who needs developing and won't provide much during the week for practice compared to a vet who knows how to help the team prepare.

Leon got a paycheck. Anyone on the 53 squad gets paid regardless if they are active or not

Eng,  this cap stuff makes my head ache but correct me if im wrong...

Even if the cap hit is half, it's still real money out of pocket, which apparently Kraft is aware of since so many vets get axed.  Plus cap problems don't exist for pats since they are 10 mil clear from reports ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

George Winn promoted off PS to replace Vereen for 3-4 weeks. 

Te looks horrible until Gronk returns, and didn't fells sign somewhere? 

if Danny, sudfeld and Dobson are all out, we better call up sims as well. 

Getting pretty thin at the skill positions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Eng,  this cap stuff makes my head ache but correct me if im wrong...

Even if the cap hit is half, it's still real money out of pocket, which apparently Kraft is aware of since so many vets get axed.  Plus cap problems don't exist for pats since they are 10 mil clear from reports ...

You are right, but I was talking general cap stuff not directly the Pats. However, given past history I don't think $1mil will prevent Kraft from signing someone if BB wants them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Washingtons contract is guaranteed for the entire season based on the timing of his signing

The vet minimum is a sliding scale depending on years of service...Washington with 8 years in, is on the books for I believe $900k...but a vet with fewer years is signed at a lower number

Ballard, Fells, Branch may all be on speed dial...

I alsi believe the injury settlements given to Cunningham and Francis enables them to come back to the team if the team and player so desire

Sections
Shortcuts