RotoWorld: Top 20 impact rookies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

RotoWorld: Top 20 impact rookies

Was this Draft so weak that THE # 20 IMPACT Player ROTO write up is  -

"20. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots.........  Ridley is hard to get excited about."
    Why is he Top 20 then?

It's a majotiry of RB and WR a QB in the mix as well. Right. Players who will have opportunity to see the ball..    BUt I scratch my head on this one.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: RotoWorld: Top 20 impact rookies

He's a great schematic fit in NE.  BB loves big backs that can pound the ball between the tackles, pick up YAC and wear down opposing defenses and they really haven't had this since Clock Killin' was here.

They also had Vereen 12th on the list.

Also, the list was offensive skill players only and not the top 20 impact rookies for the entire draft class.

Link to article:  http://www.rotoworld.com/slide/nfl/152/Top-20-Impact-Rookies?rw=1

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

How impactful is it that you be the starting Left Tackle for the best QB in the NFL ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I like Vereen, but I am getting a bit tired of the Marshall Faulk comparisons.  Can the bar be any higher for this guy based on some of the things I read around here?  He looks to be a pretty good complement to the power game, but give the kid a chance to succeed.   

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

ROTO says Vereen will take over as the #1 RB for the Pats while mildly dissing BJGE.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I read the comments of his coach, and some people have pounced on it around here like it's a sure bet.  Don't get me wrong, if these guys are the modern day Craig and Rathman backfield, obviously we're ecstatic.  I'll utter the Bill Parcells witticism, let's not put them in Canton just yet, but I like both picks.   

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I was hoping both Edelman and Hernandez would see more time out of the backfield, but that looks unlikely now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Both rookies need to learn to block for Brady.  Vereen in particular needs to run precise routes.  That's BJGE's edge right now.

A Rotoworld rookie list is going to always put rookie running backs first, quarterbacks second, kickers third, wide receivers occasionally and offensive linemen not at all.  It's all about winning fantasy football titles with point scorers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: RotoWorld: Top 20 impact rookies:
    [QUOTE]Both rookies need to learn to block for Brady.  Vereen in particular needs to run precise routes.  That's BJGE's edge right now. A Rotoworld rookie list is going to always put rookie running backs first, quarterbacks second, kickers third, wide receivers occasionally and offensive linemen not at all.  It's all about winning fantasy football titles with point scorers.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I know Vereen is unproven at the NFL level, but my opinion is he runs very clean routes for a RB, and better than BJGE at this point. In fact, I think Vereen can be used downfield, as I have seen him 30-40 yard routes out of the backfield and catch the ball over his shoulder like a WR. If he can do some of this, and is covered by a LB, good luck. I like his versatility across the board.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who knows what skill set each of these two guys will master at the next level,both were productive at their respective schools at running the ball and catching the ball with an edge given to Vereen in pass blocking and the edge given to Ridley in run blocking out of the two back set. I'm waiting to see who else BB adds from both UDFA's and Free agents from other teams.Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

Here's a good site to check out Patriots picks..they are new..but really good..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

its 20 impact rookies for Fantasy Football since its rotoworld...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

What impressed me most from Vereen's highlights was that he was adept at executing screen passes.  Perhaps that can become a big part of the Pats offense again.