Roy Finch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Roy Finch

This guy is interesting as he does not have much info on him. He was not used that much in college and his size(5'7", 167) sais he is a long shot to make the roster but he has gotten the most reps at KR. I am thinking they are trying to find a place for him on the team but he would have to add some value as a runner as well. We have two smaller backs and also Ridley so its hard to see this guy sticking as a RB but his limited film shows him breaking lots of tackles for a small guy. He powers through bigger guys. I think he would make a great returner but not sure if Pats can carry him on game days.

Ridley, Vareen, White, Develin are locks IMO w/Dev being a true Fb who can play a little TE. I Imagine he is active most days. So to me, Bolden may be cut but not sure who the 5th guy will be. If Bolden stays, I predict either Finch or Houston on the p/s. If Bolden goes, maybe they keep one on p/s and one on active roster.

Either way, the Pats should have plenty of options for next year to allow Ridley/Vareen to walk as much as I like them....this will likely be their last year here. Maybe Rids can be had for cheap but Vareen is gonna get paid by someone.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Roy Finch

I'm rooting for them to keep Finch.  I like his explosiveness.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Last year we kept 6 rbs. I'm thinking we do it again. The only question I have about that is keeping 3 QB's.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Last year we kept 6 rbs. I'm thinking we do it again. The only question I have about that is keeping 3 QB's.  

I believe we carried 5 last year. Blount, Ridley, Vareen, Bolden, Develin.

I dont want to be negative but its really hard to grasp the Garrapolo pick. I havent seen any flashes of anything yet and w/Brady saying he will play till 43 you have to wonder if its going to be with the Pats. Kraft always speaks highly of Tom and his desire to see him retire here but this guy(Grap) looks 3 years away so far. I wonder if Grap has any trade value. I wonder if Pats really planned on taking a QB or if it was just a value pick they want to flip later. Until Brady shows signs of decline, I prefer vet backups like Testeverde and Flutie.

edit: actually we did have 6 backs to start the season including the enigma Leon Washington but he was only active for like 2 games so maybe they do that w/Finch but actually let him play. Leon was in witness protection...still smh on that one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Given Gronks injury issues I see them going 3 TE's and 11 total receivers/RB's. In the end I think it might come down to is if that 11th can provide the most on ST's. If Finch would dramatically improve their KR game I could see him over Bolden or if they carry 6 RB's maybe even over Thompkins (carry 5 WR's instead). I still think they end up with 5 RB's: Devlin, Vereen, Ridley, White and 1 other RB who's main responsibility is on STs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

still and underdog, likely not to make the roster, but would be a good change of pace type of  back. Don't know if ST only is enough to stay on the team

" RB Roy Finch had a great day overall. He dominated in an early 1-on-1 coverage drill, running a nice wheel route for a touchdown and a circle route out of the backfield. He was also the top choice as punt returner for the day, taking almost all of those reps. The coaching staff is giving him every chance to make an impression."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

still and underdog, likely not to make the roster, but would be a good change of pace type of  back. Don't know if ST only is enough to stay on the team

" RB Roy Finch had a great day overall. He dominated in an early 1-on-1 coverage drill, running a nice wheel route for a touchdown and a circle route out of the backfield. He was also the top choice as punt returner for the day, taking almost all of those reps. The coaching staff is giving him every chance to make an impression."

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure I'd say that. We've had a ton of ST only players. If they can have an affect on the STs he will stick. See Slater, Ebner, White, Bolden essentially (though he did do clean up reps during the season)