Rumor Rams..........via Yardbarker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Rumor Rams..........via Yardbarker

With the 2014 NFL Draft still more than a month away, there are plenty of rumors out there connecting teams to multiple prospects, and those reports seem to change daily. But one story that has remained the same for weeks now is that the St. Louis Rams are looking to trade the second overall pick. That was further confirmed on Wednesday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Rumor Rams..........via Yardbarker

Yeah they may be looking to trade it, but the Patriots aren't holding enough cards to jump that high up in the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah they may be looking to trade it, but the Patriots aren't holding enough cards to jump that high up in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

If clowney is there would you give them

Mallet + 1st, 2nd,3rd

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If clowney is there would you give them

Mallet + 1st, 2nd,3rd

[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't do it.  The 1st isn't nearly high enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if the Pats could acquire the second overall pick, would it be worth the price of sacrificing their entire draft this year, plus a probable first and second rounder next year? I think not. The Pats have a lot of holes to fill...primarily on their DL, OL, and at LB (depth).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We have way to many needs to make that type of trade

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

If the Pats did make that move (which I don't believe would happen), I'd rather Robinson OT, Mack OLB, or Watkins WR before Clowney.

There's no denying Clowney is an unbelievable talent but that's doesn't automatically translate to success at the NFL level.  For some reason he has Vernon Gholston written all over him to me. I hope Im wrong. I can't imagine the pressure he must carry. I hope the kid has a great career and that what ever team drafts him doesn't expect him to be the teams savior right away. 

Go Pats! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I wouldn't unload all that for Clowney...the guy will end up like Mario Williams...very good, not anything like a HOF player...not worth mortgaging your team over....I think Mack is actually a better prospect than Clowney

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

posted at 3/20/2014 6:11 PM EDT

• wonderdrums
    • First: 8/9/2006
    • Last: 3/20/2014

If the Pats did make that move (which I don't believe would happen), I'd rather Robinson OT, Mack OLB, or Watkins WR before Clowney.

There's no denying Clowney is an unbelievable talent but that's doesn't automatically translate to success at the NFL level.  For some reason he has Vernon Gholston written all over him to me. I hope Im wrong. I can't imagine the pressure he must carry. I hope the kid has a great career and that what ever team drafts him doesn't expect him to be the teams savior right away. 

Go Pats! 

Vern Ghoulston!

NY Jets!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't unload all that for Clowney...the guy will end up like Mario Williams...very good, not anything like a HOF player...not worth mortgaging your team over....I think Mack is actually a better prospect than Clowney

Me too. I really like Robinson  He could solidify the OL with Solder for a long time. Good insurance for an aging Mankins and an injury plagued Volmer as well. 

Did Mack, the Center from Cleveland,  sign his franchise tender or can teams still make an offer sheet for him? I'd swap Mallett and a pick for him if I could. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Me too. I really like Robinson  He could solidify the OL with Solder for a long time. Good insurance for an aging Mankins and an injury plagued Volmer as well. 

Did Mack, the Center from Cleveland,  sign his franchise tender or can teams still make an offer sheet for him? I'd swap Mallett and a pick for him if I could. 

[/QUOTE]

Other teams can match, but not at 10 mill/yr or whatever that crazy figure is...I think they want to mke a deal for him...he's not worth 7/yeAR, BUT HE'S WORTH NOT MUCH LESS THAN THAT...HE'S DARN GOOD! (CAPSsorry)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In response to wonderdrums' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mack has the trasition tag which gives Cleveland the option to match the offer.....and no he has not signed it.......so Cleveland still has a right to recend the tag and release him....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even if the Pats could acquire the second overall pick, would it be worth the price of sacrificing their entire draft this year, plus a probable first and second rounder next year? I think not. The Pats have a lot of holes to fill...primarily on their DL, OL, and at LB (depth).

[/QUOTE]

HeapHeap

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It worked out really well for Mike Ditka and the Saints wjen theyv traded their draft to get Ricky Williams. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It worked out really well for Mike Ditka and the Saints wjen theyv traded their draft to get Ricky Williams. :)

[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Also, remember Herschel Walker trade where the Vikings sent five players and six draft picks to the Cowboys which created the Cowboys dynasty and left the Vikings floundering for quite a while!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the 2014 NFL Draft still more than a month away, there are plenty of rumors out there connecting teams to multiple prospects, and those reports seem to change daily. But one story that has remained the same for weeks now is that the St. Louis Rams are looking to trade the second overall pick. That was further confirmed on Wednesday.

[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that for a dollar. Seriously I'd offer a dollar but I don't think they'd take it so I'll pass. Unless you have a top 10 pick or are named Ditka you aren't trading up to #2.