Rumor that U. Florida wants Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Rumor that U. Florida wants Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator

Doesn't make any sense.

It's not even a lateral move. It's a step down.

I've got to believe Weiss has his eye on a head coaching job in the NFL -- and there isn't going to be any shortage of them, unless I miss my guess.

No.

I'm not seeing this at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He's going to get a guaranteed contract. Not sure what his Chiefs deal is, but it may be at risk if the NFL is locked out. Not all NFL coaches are lockout protected. This way he's guaranteed a seven figure income. Major college coordinators are doing pretty well financially these days. 

It could also be that he enjoyed the college scene better. It's a much easier grind, at least it's a shorter season. 

With the lockout looming, I wouldn't be surprised if more guys followed his lead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I imagine south beach is a little nicer place to hang then KC.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamDestruction. Show TeamDestruction's posts

With the lockout looming and a 7 figure contract in Florida, it doesn't look like that bad of an idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Re-ignites that U Florida (Urban Meyer) connection that was just lost.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Her's my take....$$$ he has it from the ND job.  I buy into the sentence above regarding Florida being a better venue than KC.   Muschamp is a riser, and when the NFL comes a callin....he will go...maybe Weis figures he'd get the bump up. 

On the flip side...recruiting more or less stinks.  I dunno, it was weird.  Maybe it's systems too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

ESPN for what its worth said that and I'll para phrase here...

Weiss likes to do things his own way and Todd Haley has control of the offense in KC.  I'm guessing that its a personality or philosophy issue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I imagine south beach is a little nicer place to hang then KC"

FYI, FL is a big state.  South Beach is a 5-6 hr drive from Gainesville.  That's kind of like saying if you work in Boston, you can hang out in Philadelphia.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I imagine he doesn't get along with Todd Haley and it wouldn't be the first guy. Charlie has an ego of his own; I remember him trying to sound a little too much like Parcells when he was here. He's used to being the top guy (Notre Dame) and I'm sure he'd like to get the credit for KC's offense doing so well, but you don't really hear his name mentioned, maybe he will shine a little brighter in Florida?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I should have said Florida may be a lot nicer place then KC. You know Gods waiting room, Weiss gettin up in years. I'd have a lot more doubts if it was for Syracuse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Weis doesn't need money, he's still collecting after raping Notre Dame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Two thoughts came to mind when I saw this:

1) Where does Wies and his family live/hail from.  Is Florida closer to his family and where he grew up?

2) He wants to be head coach again in college (can't see him getting a chance as hc in nfl) and figures a high profile gig like florida will open more eyes in the college ranks then in KC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Charlie's a Jersey guy so that may not be a factor but this move would make sense if his ultimate goal is another college head coaching gig.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

I bet he is looking at this option for health reasons. He doesn't need the money. He came back to the NFL but found the stress too much for him. In FLA he can be second dog, less stress, but still ride out into the sunset coaching and w/ a paycheck. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I imagine he doesn't get along with Todd Haley and it wouldn't be the first guy. Charlie has an ego of his own;"

You may be on to something mthurl.  Just saw this in an Adam Schefter chat:

Ross (Kansas City)

Any updates on Charlie Weis to Flordia news?

Adam Schefter
      (2:42 PM)

My buddy Mort is reporting that Charlie Weis is being targeted by the University of Florida to take over as offensive coordinator. Weis is expected to take the job. But the one thing I feel confident in saying is, he won't be back in Kansas City next season.

Kris (NJ)
    What is the reaon for Weis leaving KC?

Adam Schefter
      (2:52 PM)

Kris: The sense is that Weis and Todd Haley's personalities are different enough that it could pose some issues.

Ryan (KC)

You seem confident Weis wont be back in KC..... Thats very bad news for me

Adam Schefter
      (2:53 PM)

Sorry to start your new year in a disappointing way, Ryan. But it was bound to happen. We talked about it on our pregame show last Sunday and now the reports seem to be mushrooming. Something to it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Does this mean the Pats can use him again as a precious scouting resource? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

It's always about money, especially when they say it isn't. 

Sections
Shortcuts