Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back

In Response to Re: Rumors : Chargers Shipping Antonio Cromartie to acquire a running back:
    [QUOTE]Report also said that the Chargers might take a draft pick for AC. We are loaded this year and next: send a 2nd rounder this year or the Raiders 1st next year and call it a day BB. Seymour for Antonio Cromartie sounds pretty good to me.
    Posted by darkside[/QUOTE]

So glad u dont run our team.  We would be Detroit if u did.  That is one of the dumbest trades I have ever heard of.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

bye bye maroney

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I don't know if I would want to part with a draft pick as this year's draft is loaded with talents and 2nd round players could have gone in the 1st any other year. If Bolts agree to give us Cromartie for Maroney and AD, then I say ship them off immediately. For good measure throw in Wheatley and a six pack Sam Adams."

So far, this has been the only post on this thread that even hints at making sense (except I'm personally taking the Sam Adams winter lager and switching it with some skunked-out Beck's beer before fed ex comes)...

And away we go:  Maroney just s#cks.  I'll amend that...Maroney s#cks and his dancing, hesitant style is simply the worst possible fit for our smaller, built far more for agility in pass-blocking Instead of smashmouth run-blocking, Offensive Line.  Some posters are correct, in that some parts of the O-Line DO need an upgrade...However don't look for NE's front office to utterly change ALL O-line personell and schematics that suit Tom Brady's own passing skills in a pass-happy league, Simply in order to benefit Maroney's running style...that's ridiculous.  N.E. during Belichick's tenure has thrived using Bigger runningbacks who have enough size not to totally shortchange their speed, WHEN/As the RBs are used in order to keep the Defense just honest enough to keep enough men inside the box to stop the running threat and not simply dropping everyone on Defense into pass-coverage OR throwing a million guys on Defense blitzing Brady (And thus ideally, having that bigger back who can hit the whole very fast and hard, stops defenses from sending defenders shooting gaps towards Tom Brady, SINCE a smaller/lighter and dancing-for-the-hole RB can and usually will be stopped either with an arm-tackle by those spearheading D-Lineman whose main concern is getting to the QB and/or IF the smaller RB does still get through the D-Line-He'll get stopped by the single LB who has the time to diagnose where the dancing/smaller RB is headed)... 
         A bigger but still quick enough RB who hits the hole hard simply benefits our smaller O-line who cannot manhandle D-lineman the way a run-oriented-built O-line can (like for instance, The Philadelphia Eagles have deployed in the past).  Having a bigger but still quick enough RB who hits the hole hard simply benefits Tom Brady's skills in pocket-prescence (namely-stepping up in the pocket) in order so that the DTs can't merely shoot the gaps in the interior of that O-line to stop Brady's best trait, since those DTs KNOW they can still either have enough time to stop a dancing RB, AND/OR those DTs KNOW they can still be able to arm-tackle a lighter & dancing RB, AND/OR those D-Lineman KNOW that even if they can't, their LB almost certainly will.  Did ANYONE here actually watch the Patriots vs Giants Superbowl, or what? 

Now, RE: Antonio Cromartie.  Man does he show flashes of brilliance.  Man is he totally and utterly inconsistant.  Cromartie gambles for the big-play just like Asante did...so why would we pay for him, when we didn't for A$?  Cromartie had a sick year 2 years ago, and then he looked awful this past season, as his gambling for the huge INT was exploited and taken advantage of by the passing offense (at least imho)...  NOW, If you wanted to offer me a "true" consistant "cover-CB" in Asomughahaha-omg...I'll throw in a 12-pack of good beer, If you wanted to offer me a "true" consistant "cover-CB" with just ZERO flaws in his otal game in Darrelle Revis...I'll give ya the package-store full a' booze too.   
         Also, IF NE traded for Cromartie, He would STILL need to get signed (right?-unless he's got a year left on an existing contract, but who wants that trade, with no long-term benefit?), so that's an added issue to think about in a trade.  Imho, Resigning a cheaper, non-gambling but definately decent enough in his coverage skills IN Leigh Bodden, while at the same time- either Drafting or Signing in Free Agency A Player to get after the oppossing QB with a better pass-rush is an absolute no-brainer (because personally, I'm spendin one of NE's early draft picks on that bigger RB I want, too-and coupling him with Benjarvisgreenellishobbslawfirm to keep them both fresh).

CONCLUSION
    ~So, In the end...in the oft chance San Diego wants to trade for a dancing RB in Laurence Maroney (and with San Diego's current cry-baby pro-bowl RB getting older and now injured, Chargers could actually use an extra RB), Coupled WITH an utterly disgruntled and insanel overpriced OLB in Adalius Thomas (and with San Diego's current steroid-head pro-bowl OLB as a free agent I think, Chargers could actually use an OLB as well)...then sure, but well I guess I was lying all along, cause I WILL throw in that 6-pack of Sam Adams (Spring Ale...you don't get my cherry wheat or winter lager). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Now I remember why I havnt been on here in a couple weeks. LMFAO, we need to get rid on Lindsey Phoney Baloney Maroney and the 7 losers that stick up for him. OMFG are u kidding me w/ this BS, what has this guy ever done to justify any praise or loyalty from our fan base. Running Back is the easiest position to make the jump from college to pros and hes proven hes a second tier back... at best. This O-LINE IS BUILT FOR THE RUNNING GAME, not pass blocking! They love getting down field and blocking, Mankins is a perfect example of this. Im sorry , but your a moron if you think its the o-line, coaching, touches etc. , its f'in Maroney. Im so sick of hearing about the holes and every other excuse people make for him. He sux...period! First off there are plenty of holes there for him, Ive seen so much game tape on him and hes constantly looking for the home run instead of just taking a 3-5 yard gain. Second his footwork is terrible, Im serious here, it really looks like that his shoes are tied sometimes. Im not kidding his first two steps after taking the ball ruin half his runs. Listen this guy has tons of potential, but hes had plenty of time to fulfill it here and has been given plenty of oppurtunites. Sometimes you cant ignore the obvious, its him, not the Oline, his touches, the way we utilize him, the weather, pre-game meal, or his shoes. For a while I was convinced all he need was a pair of Jordans, but not even AIR can help him. Trade him while we can still get something for him and call it a day! Im still waiting for a lil' evidence, a small amount of proof, a reason...SOMETHING, as to why we should keep him. HHMMM, oh thats right there is none! What are you going give me the lame, oh hes showed flashes, hes had a couple of good games, etc. Give it up, you guys have a better chance of actually gtting laid...by a real women, flesh, blood...BREATHING, all that good stuff. LOL, again, now a remember why I stopped coming on here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devenmorris. Show devenmorris's posts

yall are dumba$$es if we dont want him why would they give up someone good! dude that posted this and people that agree are total idiots 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Two players who were looked at as long term pieces to a championship who are now seen as under performing and expendable.A change of scenery might be good for both players.Personally,I'd trade Maroney for a few thigh pads and a cheerleader to be named later,so if I can get a former pro bowler for him...............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think they wanted a RUNNING BACK.  So, Maroney doesn't fit the bill there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

"I think they wanted a RUNNING BACK.  So, Maroney doesn't fit the bill there."

Personal foul, unsportsman like conduct. Maroney is a running duck..err..back!