Rumours of Talib to skins on twitter on a 3 yr deal....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Rumours of Talib to skins on twitter on a 3 yr deal....

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

This is a more concerning tweet... not sure how connected this guy is... for all we know he could be guessing, but if it's true I'm not terribly happy.

Again, I won't get too worried until a reputable source like Schefter (or someone along those lines) reports this.

HTTR24-7.com
     ‏@HTTR24_7

Looks that way but nothing is 100% until the ink is dry RT @bear4040: @HTTR24_7 skins going to get talib

Why is that more concerning?  Just curious.

Talib is young, incredibly talented and would help the secondary and defense immensely. Talib, McCourty, Wilson, Dennard, and another CB would go a LONG way to making this defense Super Bowl caliber. Add another DT next to Vince and the defense is where it needs to be.

No, no. Who is the source of the tweets and why do they hold credence?

I have no idea, but I struggle to think this guy is simply making this stuff up.

But again, a lot can happen. This may be false, less true than it seems, and/or the Pats may counter.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

i will be as p.issed as TFB12 is about welker leaving, if they dont sign talib.

Hahahaha!! Lookout!! This could get interesting!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Just did a search on talib on rotoworld and the news was he still on the skins radar but the skins are only $600,000 under the cap so washington would have to cut two or three players just to sign talib. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Just did a search on talib on rotoworld and the news was he still on the skins radar but the skins are only $600,000 under the cap so washington would have to cut two or three players just to sign talib. 

I looked and didn't see any mention of it on there.  I better look again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4640/aqib-talib   Here you go TFB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

They did save ~1.5 mil by restructuring Meriweather, but even then that gives them roughly 2mil to work with... seems that's 4-6 away from Talib's range. 

Doesn't seem too likely of a deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4640/aqib-talib   Here you go TFB

Interesting.  Thanks for the link!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm of the camp that our D is totally different when Talib and Dennard are starting. I hope we keep him...the fact that the skins are involved is concerning to me because they are unpredictable. but i am not woried yet because none of the reputable sources have said a word about him. but then again sean smith's name never came up until the moment he signed today so who knows. personally i think he's a very important piece of the puzzle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

i'm of the camp that our D is totally different when Talib and Dennard are starting. I hope we keep him...the fact that the skins are involved is concerning to me because they are unpredictable. but i am not woried yet because none of the reputable sources have said a word about him. but then again sean smith's name never came up until the moment he signed today so who knows. personally i think he's a very important piece of the puzzle.

The only knock I have on Talib is that he was injured a lot last season.  When the Pats needed him most, he was on the bench.  I hate injuries, I know it's part of the game but injuries have haunted this team over the past few years and not having solid depth at those positions has hurt.  I will give him a pass on getting burned during the Bills game, after all it was his first game back after his suspension.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The Redskins can cut Ron Brace to free up some money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Cuz im sure Ron Brace takes up a huge portion of the Redskins cap. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

yes injuries have always been an issue for him and that probably wont change...but who else is out there as a difference maker? i really dont trust this team to waste another high pick on a CB. i'd rather take the injury risk on talib. and he's way less of a risk than amendola after all and we gave him 5 years...

In response to artielang's comment:

The only knock I have on Talib is that he was injured a lot last season.  When the Pats needed him most, he was on the bench.  I hate injuries, I know it's part of the game but injuries have haunted this team over the past few years and not having solid depth at those positions has hurt.  I will give him a pass on getting burned during the Bills game, after all it was his first game back after his suspension.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

$715k to be exact!  LOL!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Now the skins are in buisness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

They should have just let Meriweather go. Hahaha!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

They should have just let Meriweather go. Hahaha!!

Big Bang Clock BABY!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

This is a more concerning tweet... not sure how connected this guy is... for all we know he could be guessing, but if it's true I'm not terribly happy.

Again, I won't get too worried until a reputable source like Schefter (or someone along those lines) reports this.

HTTR24-7.com
     ‏@HTTR24_7

Looks that way but nothing is 100% until the ink is dry RT @bear4040: @HTTR24_7 skins going to get talib

Why is that more concerning?  Just curious.

This tweet would indicate that Talib to the 'Skins will happen. Again, perfectly possible that there's nothing to it, or that New England counters.

Talib is young, incredibly talented and would help the secondary and defense immensely. Talib, McCourty, Wilson, Dennard, and another CB would go a LONG way to making this defense Super Bowl caliber. Add another DT next to Vince and the defense is where it needs to be.

nope. you need to add at least another pass rusher to that list, if not a fa and one in draft

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's a big step back if we don't sign him IMO. If not they may need to use their first round pick on that corner from FL State if he's still there. We've all ssee what a difference it made when having competent corners back there. Like RedSoxfan said, I'll be TFB-12 pissed if they don't sign Talib.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Idk im still skeptical, Twitter is just a mess of people talking about stuff that they hope happens"

Umm...no. Reporters who break accurate stories most of the time like Clayton and Schefter and King often do it on Twitter these days. 

It all depends on who's tweeting becuase there is s ton of speculation and rumor. 

I haven't seen anything definitive on Talib yet. 

Pats should have signed him before free agency but we'll see

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Like the rest of you, I've been disappointed about the Pats lack of activity throughout free agency. They must improve that awful secondary. If Talib goes, and with Denard's legal problems...how are they going to be able to stack up against a team like Denver? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I don't see the 'Skins as being in a position to sign Talib. They don't have the cap room: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-salary-cap-woes-were-a-hometown-production/2013/03/14/d16937e4-8ce7-11e2-b63f-f53fb9f2fcb4_story.html?tid=pm_labs_sports_pop

Then, there's this:

Redskins trying and failing to sign Aqib Talib

Aqib Talib is probably the top priority for the Patriots at the cornerback position. The reason is that he's really the only corner you've heard them being linked to multiple times. Of course it makes sense, when he was healthy he had a huge impact on the team's defense.

Following a report that the Patriots were trying to lock him up prior to free-agency, a rumor surfaced that the Redskins were trying to outbid the Patriots. Turns out they failed.
    Washington Post by way of ESPN

The Redskins weren’t abandoning all hope of meeting at least one need in free agency. Washington remained in the running Tuesday evening to sign free agent cornerback Aqib Talib, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

However, another person with knowledge of the Redskins’ situation said it appears the team will have a difficult time fitting a contract for Talib beneath the salary cap. That person said the Redskins would like to sign Talib but “do not have enough cash.”

So, basically Dan Snyder is trying to do his usual thing of overpaying for guys he wants, but he's hamstrung by the cap so he can't do it.
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/redskins_trying_and_failing_to_sign_aqib_talib/13129363

That aside, the Pats shouldn't overplay their hand on Talib. Step up a bit, and get the damn deal done. Then, go after, and sign, SS Bernard Pollard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Adam SchefterAdam SchefterVerified account@AdamSchefter

RT @var78: Hey mr schefter any news Aqib Talib yet? ... When all is said and done, whenever that is, I believe he returns to New England.

2:11 AM - 15 Mar 13

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm really hoping the Pats get Talib back if not, unlike what Rusty says, the market is very thin right now and a lot of good players went for cheap money earlier this week. I see Grimes as basically the last option after that and I'm still hoping they go after Cason as an Arrington replacement. The rumor is Nnamdi only wants to go west coast and 49ers are working something out so please don't let Talib go