Run defense: what's the solution?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Run defense: what's the solution?!

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

I would rather find solutions to getting better which is what I assume BB is thinking as well considering he preaches to get better every week.  I hope AJ Francis or Siliga on the practice squad can contribute something.  

And as if on cue, Pats bring some beef up from the practice squad.  

Sealver Siliga has some mass, let's hope he proves to be a force...

Guess I may have had a point after all huh Rusty? 

This^  long before Siliga played a snap, guess I knew what I was talking about and you were clueless as usual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:

Epic win. I lost my voice. I still have a major concern though: our run defense. I know we have key injuries but that won't stop the opposing team from running it down our throat in January. I'd like to pose a question to some of you more intelligent posters here: how do we fix that?

There is no solution for the run d for this season.  With no help on the inside fo our DL, in combination with so so play by Hightower and Spikes, we can only hope that the light bulb goes on for rookies like Collins.

I'd rather that the Patriots focus on improving the pass rush, pass defense, 3rd downs, red zone defense, and ball hawking skills.  Pass defense and points against have been trending downward.  Not good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

What makes anyone here think the Patriots want to shore up their run Defense? How many passes did Manning not throw by allowing Moreno to run ? Could this have been the game plan? You never know what BB is really thinking.

they have one of the worst running defenses in the league. I'm pretty sure that wasn't in BBs gameplan/vision; more out of circumstance and more focus on our prior historical weaknesses in pass rush and pass defense.  It wasn't that long ago that the Patriots were in the bottom 5 for pass defense.....resulting in a higher pts. against average.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

they have one of the worst running defenses in the league. I'm pretty sure that wasn't in BBs gameplan/vision; more out of circumstance and more focus on our prior historical weaknesses in pass rush and pass defense.  It wasn't that long ago that the Patriots were in the bottom 5 for pass defense.....resulting in a higher pts. against average.

I agree, it is more out of circumstance but it was one that they created. Other than Wilfork and Kelly they had no DT's who could be effective in run support. That's a lot to put on your two starters from the gate. They needed some better depth at that position and this past draft was the perfect chance to do it.

Sections
Shortcuts