Run the ball more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Run the ball more

I believe BB is transitioning to a more Run oriented Offense, which in turn will create more play action for TB.Look at the size of the young Lineman drafted by the Pats recentl;y--all huge--Vollmer,Cannon,Solder etc. I believe we will see a more balanced offense. Lastly Brady is getting up in years and BB doesn't want teams teeing off on him. I believe the lack of more run plays cost us the SB against the Giants---horrible play calling. Let us RUN and pass to our 4th SB. PS-Really jacked up for this season-we have a great YOUNG team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Run the ball more

Brady threw 492 times and they ran 454 times. That's about 2 more passes than runs a game.

How many more times should we run instead of letting the MVP throw the ball?

Do you think a genius would transition to a more run oriented offense when his QB has won the MVP in two of his last 3 years?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Yes I do and that's exactly what makesBB a genius.Teams are going to copy the Jets D plan against our dink and dunk passing attack. we must counter. And Brady will still get tons of yards albeit with more play action and more mid range passes, (15-30 yards). I believe Ocho will help greatly along with Gronk and Hernandez. Respect your opnion Babe but must disagree--It's time to switch our play calling up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, if he isn't "transitioning to a more Run oriented Offense", will you still say "that's exactly what makes BB a genius"?

I think jimmy, scoring isn't a problem for this team. They did that more than anybody else last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

I don't think that the Pats are necessarily planning on running more, I think they are planning on running better and with more power.  Having opponents respect the run more is good for Brady and the passing game.

I especially believe that BB wants a fourth and 1 run or third and 1 run to be more of a sure thing.  Too many times of late they have been stuffed on short yardage runs.

With the up front beef that BB has collected, the Pats could run wedge plays with everyone in the stadium knowing what's coming and still gain a few yards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Must disagree again Babe. Scoring was done in the regular season and alot of it was against inferior teams. When the playoffs came the D has held their own and the offense has scored well below their season average-case in point 17-14 loss to Gmen in SB.In Response to Re: Run the ball more:
    [QUOTE]So, if he isn't "transitioning to a more Run oriented Offense" , will you still say "that's exactly what makes BB a genius" ? I think jimmy, scoring isn't a problem for this team. They did that more than anybody else last year.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Run the ball more:
    [QUOTE]Must disagree again Babe. Scoring was done in the regular season and alot of it was against inferior teams. When the playoffs came the D has held their own and the offense has scored well below their season average-case in point 17-14 loss to Gmen in SB.In Response to Re: Run the ball more :
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

I think it is a consensus that the lack of offensive production against the Giants was due to poor pass protection, not the lack of a running game.

The running game in the NFL today has been reduced to little more than a keep them honest maneuver for the most part. The marquee running back is no longer a major factor in this league in most cases. The running back committee is the trend.

This running game thinking is outdated and BB is on the leading edge of the coaching curve, not mired in football cliches.

The Pats were top 10 rushing last year anyway. That is quite acceptable when you have the MVP QB on your offense as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Good points Jimmy, we need to balance our offense to the tune of a 50/50 split to really be unpredictable.  It sounds simplistic but that's how it goes...

It's not simply about scoring, it's about controlling the time of possession and ball control.  It's about playing it close to the vest in playoff situations, if we have the ball the other team isn't scoring.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm all for balance, and for keeping opponents off balance. This is precisely how our running game should be used, and will be used this year. The additions of Ridley and Vereen now provide greater flexibility in that both can catch (Vereen lightyears ahead of Ridley, but Ridley adequate) and run. You have good power with Ridley (which we didn't have a back of his size last year), and a good sized shifty back in Vereen that can punch inside our out, and catch like a WR with decent power as well.
    The 2 rooks added to BJGE and Woody should be great. The combos we could run in 1, 2 or 3 back sets should keep defenses off balance when it comes to the run game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with Tampa. 492 to 454 is pretty well balanced (52%/48%)

What I think is going to happen is a more diversified and more powerful running attack. With Vereen, Ridley, BJGE, and Woodhead that's a very well rounded group that can adapt series by series let alone game by game.

It really was those short yardage situations that killed us and that we only had a 2 back system. Everyone knew when Woodhead was out there it was going to be a draw, play action, or pass protection. When BJGE was out there it was a trap, power, or between the T's run.  They could basically line up depending on who was in the package. Now with all the other backs they can run multiple sets and formations which will keep defenses honest not only opening the passing game but also opening the running game up a bit.

I think this year we'll see around the same percentage (maybe even slightly more towards the pass) but a much more effective RB core

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

I don't care what they do in the regular season. In the playoffs they need to commit to running to keep teams off balance. Not necessarily to rack up 100 yard games from it. I don't think they have don't that the last 2 years although the Bal game was a disaster from beginning to end.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.