Run the jets down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Run the jets down.

The jets are reeling against the run. They are allowing a 27th worst 4.7 yac on the ground. Our running has been feasting on such shoddy run defenses.

Conversely, they have the 4th best DPR. Time for the runophiles to smile. Passing should be limited to the subordinate role this week. Perfect opportunity to use an effective running game and keep that awful pass D off the field as much as possible.

Of course if the secondary/pass rush can keep Sanchez from looking like Montana like they were unable to do to Wilson, we should have a reasonably easy time with the jets at home. Backs against the wall after 3 close losses, the only way we lose this is by playing really badly.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Run the jets down.

I agree - I think we are good enough to run against some teams this year - where as last year I didn't. I won't go so far to say we could of ran it better or more against Seattle, because I don't think we're at that point yet, but running on the Jets is another story.

No BJGE thread this week Babe? Last week against the 4th worst run defense he managed 62 yards - keep in mind that Cleveland was also missing their best defensive tackle and linebacker. I thought even Benny would of hit 90 yards against them...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Looks like Boldon  is a no go, so it's time for Vereen to step up.  Been wanting to see him play since Reiss descriped him as electric 2 years ago. :(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Hopefully Bolden will be back.  Who knows maybe we will have a Vareen sighting.  He is not on the injury report, so I wonder what is going on with him.  I think he played two or three plays in the buffalo game.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The jets are reeling against the run. They are allowing a 27th worst 4.7 yac on the ground. Our running has been feasting on such shoddy run defenses.

Conversely, they have the 4th best DPR. Time for the runophiles to smile. Passing should be limited to the subordinate role this week. Perfect opportunity to use an effective running game and keep that awful pass D off the field as much as possible.

Of course if the secondary/pass rush can keep Sanchez from looking like Montana like they were unable to do to Wilson, we should have a reasonably easy time with the jets at home. Backs against the wall after 3 close losses, the only way we lose this is by playing really badly.

[/QUOTE]

i assume babe u know rex is talking again as is a few of his players...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Big rivalry for them. Big talk helps sell tickets. I don't really blame them for that. Nearly half a century is a long time. They have to do soemthing to keep the natives shelling out the green.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Jets' passing statistics include games in which Revis Island was playing.  That's not going to happen next week.  Cromartie, who has been called the best corner in the league by one cornerback (you have of course guessed which one?), was playing really poorly against Indy last week. 

CB Kyle Mini-Me Wilson keeps up reasonably well with receivers, but I'm going to single him out as being a poor run defender due to his relatively short arms.  He can't shake run blocks made by wide receivers.  Mini-Me should probably avoid covering Lloyd, Gronk or Hernandez because of his modest height and length, but I suspect that he can't cover Welker or Edelman either.  Wilson would probably cover Deion Branch reasonably well next week.

Readers with long memories have noted how I mocked a number of Jets first round draft choices right from draft day, Mini-Me for example.  The Sanchize mocks himself with that name; how can I improve on that?  The jury is still out on Quinton Motivation Coples, although so far his need for motivation seems to be rounding out nicely.  The Jets have no pass rush -- that's Coples's job.  However, I never said anything poor about Muhammad Wilkerson, and he's turning out to be a good run stopper. 

I suspect that the Jets have a reasonably good run defense.  If they have a glaring defensive deficiency, it's their utter lack of a pass rush copled with their utter lack of cornerbacks.  How can Josh McDaniels look at the video and not think pass?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Before last week's game....it was reported Joe McKnight was going to take reps at CB.

HAHAHAHAHA

Also, Cromartie isn't, nor has he EVER been that good. He was overhyped by his INT returns which, to his credit, he is phenominal at. With the ball in his hands and some space, the guy is dangerous. Covering WRs not named Moss? Not impressed. He simply can NOT cover Welker, he doesn't scare me against Lloyd...so...is he going to cover a TE? I think that's his best matchup, but then who covers the WRs?

If they have good balance again this week, and not 58 passes to 26 runs, I think it should go very well for the Pats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

If they don't play their best game the Patriots will lose to the Jets too. That is a fact.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Need to fling it around 60 times this week, and we'll score 20.

[/QUOTE]

20 isn't so bad against a team that was allowing 14, considering they couldn't run the ball.

What would you do, run the ball more for under 4 yac
    ?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

It is simple... they go base to stop the run we pass.. they go to 5 or 6 defenders and we pound the run... use hurry up to keep favorable matchups going our way and we win the game....Take away their running game and make Sanchez beat you and then put some pressure on him and POWWWWW take aways happen. All we need to do is execute and try not to be cute and over think things. Also if we use hurry up their defense will get tired and not be as strong in 4th quarter... We have to play well and we have to execute... we do that and we win... no drama no issues, we fail to show up, play poorly or let them go on an emotional run and we will lose. Not rocket science I know but it should be simple....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

They should be able to run on the Jets all day but can't take them lightly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Also, Cromartie isn't, nor has he EVER been that good. He was overhyped by his INT returns which, to his credit, he is phenominal at. With the ball in his hands and some space, the guy is dangerous. Covering WRs not named Moss? Not impressed. He simply can NOT cover Welker, he doesn't scare me against Lloyd...so...is he going to cover a TE? I think that's his best matchup, but then who covers the WRs?

[/QUOTE]

The cornerback who called Cromartie the best cornerback in the NFL was Cromartie himself, just after Revis went down. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yes, they should be able to run all day on the Jets. Looking over the box scores from this season it shows that when they run they win, when they throw they lose. 

The only thing that I can think of is that some teams won't let us run. The Patriots should work on perfecting their running game. Clearly they have the horses to run so why not if it means winning?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This ISN'T complex. Try to follow along.

If they run early and it is WORKING they will do more of it. If it ISN'T they will win or lose with Brady.

See, that was easy.

Stay tuned for more basic football knowledge right here!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This ISN'T complex. Try to follow along.

If they run early and it is WORKING they will do more of it. If it ISN'T they will win or lose with Brady.

See, that was easy.

Stay tuned for more basic football knowledge right here!

[/QUOTE]

Ughhh yeah...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

SO, we run for 400 yards+ in Weeks 4 and 5 and then STOP doing it last week before it was proven to have stopped working?

Hmm.   You seem to be contradicting yourself there a bit Babe. You LOVED Brady throwing 58 times last week with a 23-10 lead, 2 INTs, 2 groundings, 1/6 in the red zone, 3 dropped INTs, on the road in arguably the toughest place to play.

That sounds like you're supporting a SALLY type offense. Sally.

If you wan't finesse, go watch the Arena League or watch the NBA for your fix.  Girly stuff, Beatrice.

Fruit cup or pudding tonight?

[/QUOTE]

No junior. I don't like Brady throwing 58 times. I voiced not a word of complaint about the balance in the weeks we were running more. Whatever works I'm for.

But the run doesn't work all the time. Sad but true. And when it isn't, they pass more. Simple as that. Bottom line is, when the game is up for grabs, BB is going to lose with Brady rather than BJGE or Ridley. Any coach in their right mind would roll the exact same way.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I like the balance for lots of reasons. Most of all the unpredictability of the offense and even more so keeping Brady from taking so many hits. At 35 it's tough on the body to get crushed by 300 plus pounders.

Sections
Shortcuts