Run the jets down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Run the jets down.

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:

And why doesn't it work? Let's see if you're paying attention.

We have a roadgrading LG we don't use, two very good athletic Tackles (Vollmer is a beast deluxe at RT), Connolly is solid, etc, and we have Gronk or a solid Fells to help in these areas.

Not to mention, any game Brady is under Center with some playaction, we simply don't lose. Do not lose.

If you're for whatever works, why are you so against what I and many others have been saying since last year??!

Why am I against it? Same reason BB is. If it is in fact not working in a certain game against a certain opponent he doesn't use it as much. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I don't question how he runs the team. You do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInOz. Show PatsFanInOz's posts

We were both watching the same Patriots/Seahawks game last week, yes? It was pretty obvious to me, even down here in upside down Australia, that our running game was getting stuffed by Seattle early on. We weren't able to open up holes and neither Ridley nor Bolden is able to get more than a few through a wall of bodies. So, when that's not a good option for moving down the field, what else are you gonna do, Bunker/Rusty Griswold/Creepy Burger King dude/etc.

Maybe you have a point about play action, though.

Insert obligatory and expected put down/insult below(or above).

Note, I have not insulted you, merely disagreed, but fire away anyhow, or... can you actually show some maturity and just answer back without the unnecessary insults? That would be refreshingly unexpected. I used to enjoy your posts, right up until you started biting everybody's head off and namecalling when they didn't agree with you.

Cheers!

SO, we run for 400 yards+ in Weeks 4 and 5 and then STOP doing it last week before it was proven to have stopped working?

Hmm.   You seem to be contradicting yourself there a bit Babe. You LOVED Brady throwing 58 times last week with a 23-10 lead, 2 INTs, 2 groundings, 1/6 in the red zone, 3 dropped INTs, on the road in arguably the toughest place to play.

That sounds like you're supporting a SALLY type offense. Sally.

If you wan't finesse, go watch the Arena League or watch the NBA for your fix.  Girly stuff, Beatrice.

Fruit cup or pudding tonight?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

SO, we run for 400 yards+ in Weeks 4 and 5 and then STOP doing it last week before it was proven to have stopped working?

Hmm.   You seem to be contradicting yourself there a bit Babe. You LOVED Brady throwing 58 times last week with a 23-10 lead, 2 INTs, 2 groundings, 1/6 in the red zone, 3 dropped INTs, on the road in arguably the toughest place to play.

That sounds like you're supporting a SALLY type offense. Sally.

If you wan't finesse, go watch the Arena League or watch the NBA for your fix.  Girly stuff, Beatrice.

Fruit cup or pudding tonight?

No junior. I don't like Brady throwing 58 times. I voiced not a word of complaint about the balance in the weeks we were running more. Whatever works I'm for.

But the run doesn't work all the time. Sad but true. And when it isn't, they pass more. Simple as that. Bottom line is, when the game is up for grabs, BB is going to lose with Brady rather than BJGE or Ridley. Any coach in their right mind would roll the exact same way.

Babe...u do remember the last possession the pats had before Seattle scored to go up? Run, 1 yArd, run 1 yard, incomplete pass, punt

I would argue the game was on the line during this possession, and BB opted to put into Ridleys hands 2 times for 2 yards. 

Last week was full of curious play calling and brainfaRts. BB is not afraid to run over pass...I just can't understand why he did it during this possession....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Next response Defense is no good, same circle -jerk. Last I checked we had a 13 point lead with 7+ minutes left, and we lost.

Pats ask the O-Line to run the clock out after they have been protecting Brady 50+ times, then they call the worst running plays, sweeps, and long developing runs, SMART. We run great when we 1 cut and run up the field, fast, positive running plays.

Pats committed to the run in the beginning of the 4th Quarter, Seattle would have known this, brought everyone to stop it, then you pass.

My favorite part of the same circle jerk is the idea that some can't see why and where it starts.

Hint: In an offensive based era like this, it doesn't start with the D.

So, that's your excuse for having one of the crappiest Ds in the league for at least 3 years? Because of the era? LMAO

Tell me junior, how are some other teams managing to allow around 100 yards a game less than us in this offensive era?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

Yes, they should be able to run all day on the Jets. Looking over the box scores from this season it shows that when they run they win, when they throw they lose. 

The only thing that I can think of is that some teams won't let us run. The Patriots should work on perfecting their running game. Clearly they have the horses to run so why not if it means winning?

how come u always post right after queenie and always agree/back up his point?

hmmmm...

Maybe because he's intelligent and agrees with me?  There are plenty of others who agree with me as well and probably just read and nod their head up and down.  You're an imbecile and lack education, obviously.

Touch a girl yet, teenie bopper?

There are a handful of others HERE. Show us any writers or players/coaches who agree with a word of your spin. They don't exist!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

The Jets' passing statistics include games in which Revis Island was playing.  That's not going to happen next week.  Cromartie, who has been called the best corner in the league by one cornerback (you have of course guessed which one?), was playing really poorly against Indy last week. 

CB Kyle Mini-Me Wilson keeps up reasonably well with receivers, but I'm going to single him out as being a poor run defender due to his relatively short arms.  He can't shake run blocks made by wide receivers.  Mini-Me should probably avoid covering Lloyd, Gronk or Hernandez because of his modest height and length, but I suspect that he can't cover Welker or Edelman either.  Wilson would probably cover Deion Branch reasonably well next week.

Readers with long memories have noted how I mocked a number of Jets first round draft choices right from draft day, Mini-Me for example.  The Sanchize mocks himself with that name; how can I improve on that?  The jury is still out on Quinton Motivation Coples, although so far his need for motivation seems to be rounding out nicely.  The Jets have no pass rush -- that's Coples's job.  However, I never said anything poor about Muhammad Wilkerson, and he's turning out to be a good run stopper. 

I suspect that the Jets have a reasonably good run defense.  If they have a glaring defensive deficiency, it's their utter lack of a pass rush copled with their utter lack of cornerbacks.  How can Josh McDaniels look at the video and not think pass?

They are ranked 27th worst in the league. I guess if you compare their run D to 28th-32nd worst, they would have a reasonably good run defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If we win the game and pass a lot Rusty will throw out that data point because "it was against a bad D" or because it was obvious that the run game set up the pass.

If we win the game and run a lot Rusty will add that to his list of "data points" that proves we need to run more in every game.

If we lose the game and pass a lot Rusty will bash Brady and make another "warnings were out" thread regardless of how the offense actually performs or what the game situation was.

If we lose the game and run a lot Rusty will throw out that data point because we didn't have Brady under center enough or subbed out the RBs too much because Brady was trying to sabotage our run game.

No matter what happens this Sunday Rusty's views on how NE should run the offense will be vindicated!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

If we win the game and pass a lot Rusty will throw out that data point because "it was against a bad D" or because it was obvious that the run game set up the pass.

If we win the game and run a lot Rusty will add that to his list of "data points" that proves we need to run more in every game.

If we lose the game and pass a lot Rusty will bash Brady and make another "warnings were out" thread regardless of how the offense actually performs or what the game situation was.

If we lose the game and run a lot Rusty will throw out that data point because we didn't have Brady under center enough or subbed out the RBs too much because Brady was trying to sabotage our run game.

No matter what happens this Sunday Rusty's views on how NE should run the offense will be vindicated!

He is just a lot a wind. Just the same way he bashed Seattle's D.  I'm trying to avoid his oints becuase he is just a negative know it all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

You have exposed him rather well here. Pure spin artist that Rusty. No substance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Then why argue with him?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Then why argue with him?

So others might not inadvertently buy his spin BS from lack of refutation.

Rusty is an adherent to the school of "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Without Revis the jets can't keep their safeties up on the line all day. That should help both the run and short passing games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Without Revis the jets can't keep their safeties up on the line all day. That should help both the run and short passing games.

That could well be a factor and make the run even more viable.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

Yes, they should be able to run all day on the Jets. Looking over the box scores from this season it shows that when they run they win, when they throw they lose. 

The only thing that I can think of is that some teams won't let us run. The Patriots should work on perfecting their running game. Clearly they have the horses to run so why not if it means winning?

how come u always post right after queenie and always agree/back up his point?

hmmmm...

You mean rusty? Dude if you think I'm rusty your not very smart. Who cares when I post anyways? What does it matter? At least I'm a patriots fan on a patriots site.

Sections
Shortcuts