Running on Seattle is like running into a brick wall,. i might use bolden (sledgehammer) more in this game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Running on Seattle is like running into a brick wall,. i might use bolden (sledgehammer) more in this game.

he is akin to me of a sledgehammer.

while ridley more of a thoroughbread.

we will see what the pats have in store.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Running on Seattle is like running into a brick wall,. i might use bolden (sledgehammer) more in this game.

Take a look at Seattle's run defense, they're overrated. Well, maybe they are good, but they haven't been tested even once:

Game 1, AZ: AZ runs it with their RBs 17 times, compared to having Skelton (who got hurt) and Kolb throw a combines 36 times in  agame decided by 4 points. Also, AZ has no good RB. AZ won, by the way, by 4 points.

Game 2, DAL: SEA jumps out to a 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter, and DAL runs it 14 times compared to 40 passes. DAL never tried to establish the run as they abandonded it far too early. SEA wins 27-7 as Romo completes less than 60% and pulls a 74 QB rating.

Game 3, GB: Infamous "Fail Mary" game. 18 runs compared to 39 passes by GB. Cedric Benson is nothing to write home about, but he's all GB had. Again, a game decided on the last play, and a more than 2:1 pass:run ratio. 14-12 SEA.

Game 4, STL: Steven Jackson was not close to 100% this game, but they had 24 runs comapred to 30 passes, and STL won, by 6. For what it's worth, Jackson averaged only 3.1 ypc at, again, far less than 100%.

Game 5, CAR: This may have been one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen. SCam Newton threw 29 times (completing 12!), and ran 7 more for 36 touches. Jonathon Stewart and Deangelo Williams COMBINED for 10 runs. Seattle ends up winning this game by a measly 4 points as, again, the opponent doesn't even TRY to run.

So, as you can see, it's mostly poor play calling and a lack of committment to the run that makes Seattle's D look so good against it. They faced 4 teams with either a not very good RB, or a hurt one, and came out 2-2. Then they actually face a team with a good running game...and they don't even try to run in a game CAR loses by 4.

Rather than just believe all the media hype, go take a look deeper once in a while. I told you on another thread I don't like empty stats, and I don't like baseless assumptions either.

The Pats have been clicking along at close to 50:50 run pass for a few weeks now, and if they stay committed to that, people are going to be 'shocked' when they run for over 100, and better than 4 ypc. They have not 1, but 2 RBs who look good on their own, and a 3rd in Woodhead who, when used appropriately, can be extremely effective, especially against an oversized D.

National media...check that, all media has gotten lazy. They look at the surface and just run with it. SEA, though 3-2, has only 1 impressive win, and that was against DAL, who may be more up and down than a schizo off their meds.

Pats roll today. SEA offense is not good, and will look awful. Pats will control the clock, and make Wilson run for his life, which may be his only chance as he actually CAN run, and likes ot heave it downfield, where hopefully McCourty can turn around a few times. SEA's WRs are nto very good either.

I see no reason why NE doesn't win comfortably unless they suffer early TOs, or something catastrophic happens (Brady injury, ST TDs, D goes on strike).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Running on Seattle is like running into a brick wall,. i might use bolden (sledgehammer) more in this game.

We should run right at Clemons over the left side behind Solder and Mankins, sounds strange as he is their best player on D but he is only 250 pounds playing end.  Red Bryant who was on my wish list for off season pick ups is on the other side and weighs 345 pounds.  We need a balanced attack and have to beat them with short crossing routes, their corners are large and won't get beat deep unless they bite on the play action.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Take a look at Seattle's run defense, they're overrated. Well, maybe they are good, but they haven't been tested even once:

Game 1, AZ: AZ runs it with their RBs 17 times, compared to having Skelton (who got hurt) and Kolb throw a combines 36 times in  agame decided by 4 points. Also, AZ has no good RB. AZ won, by the way, by 4 points.

Game 2, DAL: SEA jumps out to a 10-0 lead in the 1st quarter, and DAL runs it 14 times compared to 40 passes. DAL never tried to establish the run as they abandonded it far too early. SEA wins 27-7 as Romo completes less than 60% and pulls a 74 QB rating.

Game 3, GB: Infamous "Fail Mary" game. 18 runs compared to 39 passes by GB. Cedric Benson is nothing to write home about, but he's all GB had. Again, a game decided on the last play, and a more than 2:1 pass:run ratio. 14-12 SEA.

Game 4, STL: Steven Jackson was not close to 100% this game, but they had 24 runs comapred to 30 passes, and STL won, by 6. For what it's worth, Jackson averaged only 3.1 ypc at, again, far less than 100%.

Game 5, CAR: This may have been one of the worst coaching performances I've ever seen. SCam Newton threw 29 times (completing 12!), and ran 7 more for 36 touches. Jonathon Stewart and Deangelo Williams COMBINED for 10 runs. Seattle ends up winning this game by a measly 4 points as, again, the opponent doesn't even TRY to run.

So, as you can see, it's mostly poor play calling and a lack of committment to the run that makes Seattle's D look so good against it. They faced 4 teams with either a not very good RB, or a hurt one, and came out 2-2. Then they actually face a team with a good running game...and they don't even try to run in a game CAR loses by 4.

Rather than just believe all the media hype, go take a look deeper once in a while. I told you on another thread I don't like empty stats, and I don't like baseless assumptions either.

The Pats have been clicking along at close to 50:50 run pass for a few weeks now, and if they stay committed to that, people are going to be 'shocked' when they run for over 100, and better than 4 ypc. They have not 1, but 2 RBs who look good on their own, and a 3rd in Woodhead who, when used appropriately, can be extremely effective, especially against an oversized D.

National media...check that, all media has gotten lazy. They look at the surface and just run with it. SEA, though 3-2, has only 1 impressive win, and that was against DAL, who may be more up and down than a schizo off their meds.

Pats roll today. SEA offense is not good, and will look awful. Pats will control the clock, and make Wilson run for his life, which may be his only chance as he actually CAN run, and likes ot heave it downfield, where hopefully McCourty can turn around a few times. SEA's WRs are nto very good either.

I see no reason why NE doesn't win comfortably unless they suffer early TOs, or something catastrophic happens (Brady injury, ST TDs, D goes on strike).

[/QUOTE]

Look at the team rushing rankings

Arizona - 31st

Dallas - 30th

Green bay - 20th

St. Louis - 22nd

And the best of the bunch

Carolina at 14th

We're ranked 3rd

So why again are all the pundits raving about their run D?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We're putting 120+ on the seagulls and then getting their OLBs playing as DBs for some deep balls. We win by 17.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arizona - 31st

Dallas - 30th

Green bay - 20th

St. Louis - 22nd

Carolina at 14th

We're ranked 3rd

[/QUOTE]

Because people look and go:

"OoOoOoOoOoH! Only 66 rushing yards per game! That D must be AWESOME against the run!!!!!"

I guess I could've saved myself all that explanation, and just thrown more stats back...but sometimes I feel writerish. Seattle, and the NFC West in general, are being completely overrated right now. Some people are convinced St Louis is actually a good team. Not just playing a little better than last year, I've heard Fisher now getting heaps of praise, and people thinking they could get to ten wins.

It amazes me how ignorant paid professionals can be at times. And those times being whenever they open their mouth, or put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

Tedy Bruschi predicted 31-13 Pats I believe, and his opinion doesn't even get any attention.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dallas GREAT example of a team that abandon's the run, and relies on passing. That Headcoach is one of the worse. When this team starts running Murray more, and dont let Romo be the focus point, they'll win again.

[/QUOTE]

Dallas's O-line is in shambles and I think Murray has averaged about 2.3 ypc in the last 3 games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Believe it or not I think Ridley has more power and pop than Bodden. It looks to me like Ridley has broken more tackles than Bodden - although I did love the one Bodden had on the outside along the goal line a couple of weeks ago. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

41 carries last 3 games for Murray. Not much of a chance to improve ypc.

[/QUOTE]

You don't think the O-line being a mess has anything to do with that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Makes sense.

Seattle's #1 ranked defense may be a bit decieving though. They really have played a top team like the Patriots. They may deflate when TFB and company give them the clinic today.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We should run right at Clemons over the left side behind Solder and Mankins, sounds strange as he is their best player on D but he is only 250 pounds playing end.  Red Bryant who was on my wish list for off season pick ups is on the other side and weighs 345 pounds.  We need a balanced attack and have to beat them with short crossing routes, their corners are large and won't get beat deep unless they bite on the play action.

[/QUOTE]

i like it.

i hear you on their large corners. 

hope welkers injury hods up. we need his shifty change of direction this game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Arizona - 31st

Dallas - 30th

Green bay - 20th

St. Louis - 22nd

Carolina at 14th

We're ranked 3rd

[/QUOTE]

Because people look and go:

"OoOoOoOoOoH! Only 66 rushing yards per game! That D must be AWESOME against the run!!!!!"

I guess I could've saved myself all that explanation, and just thrown more stats back...but sometimes I feel writerish. Seattle, and the NFC West in general, are being completely overrated right now. Some people are convinced St Louis is actually a good team. Not just playing a little better than last year, I've heard Fisher now getting heaps of praise, and people thinking they could get to ten wins.

It amazes me how ignorant paid professionals can be at times. And those times being whenever they open their mouth, or put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).

Tedy Bruschi predicted 31-13 Pats I believe, and his opinion doesn't even get any attention.

[/QUOTE]

he laso  predicted a loss tothe bills... :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Dallas GREAT example of a team that abandon's the run, and relies on passing. That Headcoach is one of the worse. When this team starts running Murray more, and dont let Romo be the focus point, they'll win again.

[/QUOTE]

good points

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Believe it or not I think Ridley has more power and pop than Bodden. It looks to me like Ridley has broken more tackles than Bodden - although I did love the one Bodden had on the outside along the goal line a couple of weeks ago. 

[/QUOTE]

pop...hmmm. i'll take bolden as a workhorse (heavy loads)

ridley as teh main back.

but i registered your vote there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good points

[/QUOTE]

Than ran well in the first quarter. Stupid penalty puts them at 3rd and long and poof Romo tosses an INT.

19. This post has been removed.