Running up the score in the playoffs and Peter King's latest article

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Running up the score in the playoffs and Peter King's latest article

All this bitterness toward the Pats makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Is it BB's fault that Denver's D blows Donkey ****?

I was hoping Brady would throw an extra touchdown or two to be honest. Losers will cry, I guess..

Did anyone attack NO for running up the score on Indy, Atlanta, Carolina, etc? I doubt it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Has anyone written to kingdick and called him out on some of these great responses to running up the score? does he, would he, even respond, I would love to hear his explanation(s)..  anyone try?  
    I stopped reading him after '07, and actually liked his MMQB and things I think .. column. but be gone, he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I say score all you can when you can....2006 still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Yeah guess that Brady punt on 3rd down punt is overlooked as far as running up the score. I hope the Pats have a chance to run up the score 2 more times.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Makassar. Show Makassar's posts

King,

Didn't mean to usurp this article from you, but it was so good, I started another thread.  Credit goes to you for linking it first.  Good stuff... 'New business address: Hell".

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Why waste a valuable 15 minutes of live game(playoff) time by benching your starters?

Especially with the limited amount of padded practices teams are able to use? I want my team to be as prepared as possible, as sharp as can be going into the most important game of the entire year.

I personally don't care how fans of other teams view us, as long as we remain the best team in all of football year in and year out.

Keeping your starters in but running the football and punting on 3rd down does not equate to "running up the score" it means we want our guys to get as much live game action as possible, a playoff atmosphere cannot be imitated or duplicated. Our young core needs this valuable experience.

Thanks coach for having your team more prepared then anybody else!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I noticed Peter king didnt mention anything about the saints leaving brees in vs the panthers (45-17) or what about leaving brees in vs the falcons(45-16)

The patriots coasted for most of the second half, and people called it running it up? the only put 10 funking points on the board in the 2nd half! At what point should the patriots stop playing? 1st quarter? 2nd quarter? 

Seriously?!

If the broncos didnt want the pats to score 45, then they shouldnt have played like a JV highschool team in the first half.

What a piece of trash article.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

But, its OK for the Saints  to defeat the Colts this past year 62 - 7 and not a peep from King??!!  The Saints have the following score differentials this season in which they lead by more than 2 TDs: 28; 29; 22; 25; 55 and 17 twice.  The Pats in the other hand have this many in this range:19; 31; 18; 18; 28 and the 35 from the playoff game against Broncos.  Seems the Saints are quite guilty, anyone heard a peep???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

As you always say Russ, it's a double standard with our Pats. ZB pointed out the NO game against Detroit as a clear case of running it up, yet nothing said about that. Curious.

I think a part of this is also Tebow. He is clearly being set up as the messiah in the NFL, and Goodell and the various idiots who report on the NFL don't like when the new goldenboy gets pummeled. Not good for business.

I do know one thing...As good as the Ravens are on D, if we ever get in a position to run up the score, we should, but also we need to be careful. Suggs and Thuggs will cripple Brady if given the chance.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I'm glad no one was too harsh on the Bears when they were running it up in Super Bowl XX or any of the 49ers, Giants or Redskins Super Bowls during the "blowout era" of the Super Bowl.

Run it Up, Bill and keep running it up til you cant run it up no more!

The Packers were successful in sitting Aaron Rodgers to ensure he didn't get hurt Week 17, it's now 100% guaranteed he won't be injured when the Super Bowl is played, and we still have the Championship round to go through. Brilliant!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Hey, 

I missed the whole Peter King article or what ever about the Pats running up the score, looked online and found an article by King from 1/15/2012 in which does anything but rip the Pats and in fact seems to praise them. I'm not going to take sides but I'd like to see the article where King rips the Pats. Below is an excerpt from the article I read: 

"Then again, this game showed a gap between Brady and almost every quarterback in football. If he plays like this, with his tight ends and Welker such big weapons, the Patriots are going to be a very tough out in the conference title game and beyond".

Hetchinspete

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

Peter King negated to mention that Von Miller's hit on Light was the first hit he threw all night!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sorry, Patriots play 60 minutes. I hope we scorw 42 points on the Crows, and whoever we play in the SB.

Need to let the league know the Beast of the East is back

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Running up the score in the playoffs and Peter King's latest article:
    Hey,  I missed the whole Peter King article or what ever about the Pats running up the score, looked online and found an article by King from 1/15/2012 in which does anything but rip the Pats and in fact seems to praise them. I'm not going to take sides but I'd like to see the article where King rips the Pats. Below is an excerpt from the article I read:  "Then again, this game showed a gap between Brady and almost every quarterback in football. If he plays like this, with his tight ends and Welker such big weapons, the Patriots are going to be a very tough out in the conference title game and beyond". Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete

Did you read the original post? He said that he completely agrees with guy asking him about the Patriots running up the score :/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from texcanuck. Show texcanuck's posts

TB 12 and 4th Ring

Awsome for TB to get his ring in Peytons House Any thoughts out there??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: Running up the score in the playoffs and Peter King's latest article:
    All this bitterness toward the Pats makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    Posted by mighty2012

Me too.  Here we have the Pats favored by 7 and 1/2 Points and all I read about and hear on the Tee Vee is how the Ravens are going to be able to win.  One would think the Ravens were favored in Vegas.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Running up the score in the playoffs and Peter King's latest article":
    1.) The Pats DID ease up. FCS! 8 of their final 11 plays were runs out of three or two TE formations. 3 were passes. One was a g0d@mn QB punt. If BB were "running up the score" he might have, I don't know, stayed with the spread that absolutely gutted the helpless Broncos for 6TDs. I mean, they punted ... on third down ... with their QB. That isn't running up the score, it's mercy.   2.) After watching the Saints throw 41 yard routes downfield with 4 minutes to go and a two score lead against Detroit, AFTER running the score up 45 to 13, again throwing deep routes with 2 and change to go against the Cardinals two years ago, I wonder why PK doesn't have something to say about New Orleans. They are the KINGS of padding stats and shooting for meaningless records and running scores up in their cozy little dome -- see the worthless Saints/Colts game when everyone was declaring Brees the MVP and ogling they garbage time stats against Colts' backups.  The irony of the last point is that the Saints' players behaved like bullies who had their toy taken away when San Francisco was beating them last Saturday, drawing a couple fouls, IIRC.  BB basically wasted the last two drives when he could have easily gotten TB a possibly unbreakable 7TD record and Gronk a 4TD record, as well as pushing the score over 50 or maybe even 60.  King is pushing blame from rookie Von Miller onto Bill and it's unfair. I get that it must be frustrating to have a team come out, tell you what they are going to do, then have to sit there and get carved up as they actually do it. But Miller was a punk. Miller and Miller alone is responsible for his own actions.  If he didn't like the score, if he didn't like TB punting it, then he should have played as well as he did against the Steelers and actually applied pressure on any of TB12s 32 pass attempts before garbage time.  Posted by zbellino
    Agree with everything you said here. Part of me wishes they had gotten that 7th TD pass though there was really no need it's clear that he could have and more if they wanted to. Brady had 6 TDs two minutes after the half. They showed as much mercy as I've seen and certainly more than any professional football team deserves. Maybe they should punt on second down next time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Running up the score in the playoffs and Peter King's latest article":
    Hey,  I missed the whole Peter King article or what ever about the Pats running up the score, looked online and found an article by King from 1/15/2012 in which does anything but rip the Pats and in fact seems to praise them. I'm not going to take sides but I'd like to see the article where King rips the Pats. Below is an excerpt from the article I read:  "Then again, this game showed a gap between Brady and almost every quarterback in football. If he plays like this, with his tight ends and Welker such big weapons, the Patriots are going to be a very tough out in the conference title game and beyond". Hetchinspete Posted by Hetchinspete
    You missed it? The OP has a link to the article and he also copied and pasted the excerpt right into his post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Actually I did not think they ran it up enough. They should have been throwing it more while in Denver's red zone to get Brady the record. Belichek obviously cares about records. i could care less about some Broncos millionaire's hurt feelings. I want Bill to run it up on them all. Humiliate them, treat them like the whiny babies they are (if they complain that is). They all hate the Pats anyways and they will never be his friends. I watched it get run up on the Patriots plenty of times in the past. When it happened the Pats deserved it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Speaking of NO has anyone heard any buddy dissing them for going 'One and Done' the way they did the Pats all year?

Sections
Shortcuts