Running up the score

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

Running up the score

Do you remember when the press used to jump all over the Pat's for running up the score? I haven't heard much outrage about the Saints pounding of the Colts 62 - 7. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20111023018 Can you imagine how ESPN would be reeming us if we did it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Re: Running up the score

I think most of the criticism against us came in '07, when we put up multiple 40-50 point games in a row. I guess when you do it several times, it's more "unsportsmanlike" or whatever.

But I really never understood the outrage over running up the score. If you can't stop us from scoring, don't be mad at us for doing it, be mad at your defense.

Not that we've ever had the score run up on us, but you'll never hear Belichick or Brady complain about this type of thing. They'll just say "Look, we got beat badly and we have to play better." That's the smart, mature thing to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You are correct, so far not a peep about what the Saints did to the Colts.  For the most part, it is a "Pats" thing when it comes to running up the score.  For other teams, they simply played REALLY well!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The Saints have become saints for real in the media, can do no wrong.  YET.  The dog bites the hand that feeds it pretty fast in football team/media relations.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Why care what the freaking media says or writes. They have their own agenda based on making a profit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

62-7, lmfao, nice job NO!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

of course you won't Saints do no wrong!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It will be interesting to see what the score on 12/4 ends up being.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

you can't say anything bad about new orleans.  you know... katrina. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

The pulled Brees when it was 48-7. I guess the truth is Indy's defense couldn't stop the Saints run game in the 4th.