Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams
posted at 10/9/2009 12:34 AM EDT
In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams
[QUOTE]Those who keep saying Rush Limbaugh is a racist don't have any idea of what they are talking about. His best friend, who also is one of his staff, Bo Snerdley, is black. Look up the definition of racism, please, before you put your foot back in your mouth. Those handful of quotes (that are supposed to prove he is a racist) are likely taken out of context. For example, the "Barack The Magic Negro" song is actually about the L.A. Times. They had an article that said (then) democrat presidential nominee Obama wasn't "black enough" because he was only "half-black" and had no "slave blood". This was when the L.A. Times was pushing Clinton for the nomination. Then, after Obama secured the nominee, the L.A. Times had an article saying he was indeed "black enough." The song is not about President Obama, but about the L.A. Times and their pathetic attempt to use race to help Clinton get the nomination (and later their 180 degree turn on the topic after she didn't get the nomination). So, for those outraged about it, why are you not ten times more outraged at the L.A. Times? I'm guessing those other comments some of you are so upset about have a completely different meaning if one were to listen to the entire monologue, and not just a short snippet. But the real issue is, would Rush Limbaugh make a good (partial) owner of the Rams? Also, another interesting question, since Rush is a huge Steelers fan, how does he move that long-time loyalty from the Steelers to the Rams? I know for me, it would be very hard to be a fan of any other football team.
Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]
I guess you missed the memo... Limbaugh is a racist. A tip of the iceberg set of examples from an earlier post, just to briefly illustrate:
Top 10 Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes
1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.
5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
7. They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).
9. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.
10. Limbaugh even has repeatedly played a song on his radio show ‘Barack the Magic Negro’