Rush to Judgment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Rush to Judgment

Exactly why we shouldn't be talking sh*t and we should be talking football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment:
    [QUOTE]Exactly why we shouldn't be talking sh*t and we should be talking football.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam---The reason we are talking "S" as you put it is because the Sharpton,Jackson Crowd with all of their ilk/minions such as Stay-Pro who started this thread,TheMightyPatriotz,MVPkilla and Calmy want to spread garbage in the neighborhood. The latter four individuals sure keep "good company" and reflect the values of the former two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This thread proves why the NFL was right to avoid Limbaugh like the plague. Limbaugh has made his living by saying controversial things that tend to ignite passions and drive people either to love him or hate him.  The NFL is a business that is trying to appeal to a broad market. Having Limbaugh around would create controversy and put some of that market at risk. A good business decision for the NFL is to stay away from the controversy to protect its broad market. 

No need to feel sorry for Rush. He's made millions peddling his brand of controversy. And he'll be able to milk this NFL controversy to boost his ratings for weeks to come and therefore make even more money.  The NFL's reject of Rush was good for the NFL's business and it will be good for Rush's business too. A win-win if ever there was one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]"Where has it been "proven" that Rush is not a racist?" Uh, his best friend is black. We've been over this over and over again. But the premise is wrong. You want me to prove he is not a racist. Yet no one here has proved that he is a racist. In fact, that accusation was pretty easily knocked down. How about this: Enoch, you are a racist. And until you can prove you are not, you are labelled a racist. That, my friend, is your illogical argument.
    Posted by Ritchie_az[/QUOTE]

You are being naive. You can have friends who are black and still be racist. It isn't uncommon. The point of it in a racist (or anyone who divides along lines based on an ignorance) is that his friend is "one of the good ones". A person can still lump the rest of the world that they don't know into a racist category. Did you know that there is a lot of racism in the black community? Ask a black person if there is a bias for lighter skinned blacks over darker skinned blacks and they will tell you that there are those who are black who are racist against other blacks. So, having a black friend does not disqualify one from having racist attitudes and ideals. 

Aside from that, now you want me to "prove" I am not a racist based on what you now refer to as my illogical argument. You are the one who stated it has been "proven", nimnuts. It is YOUR argument. So much for your attempt at logic. 

Now to the gist of things. You missed the entire point of my post which says basically that it has become a he said/he said argument and it comes down to how you view the man. Since he tends to use hyperbole and bombast and lies by omission, then I choose not to believe what he says about himself now as I find his character lacking. Mine was not a race argument, genius, it is an argument about character. Get over yourself and take a class on critical thinking before responding with another demonstration of your inability to comprehend 5 sentences. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]First, you've got to take anything from Media Matters for America with a huge grain of salt. They do not have a good track record at all when it comes to context. Besides, Rush Limbaugh provided to the Washington Post the full transcripts to those quotes yesterday (some of those quotes weren't even him, by the way). The Washington Post's response? "I'd still hate to know what he really thinks." Just shows that you can't trust the media, either. But I wonder how many that were upset with the possibility of Rush Limbaugh being a 10% owner of a team are upset that George Soros is trying to be a 10% owner of the Rams. Yeah, that's right, George Soros (the largest financial contributor to the Democrate party and related organizations) is one of the other partners. Yet I haven't heard one peep from the Rush-bashers about it.   And nobody has mentioned (that I know of) that the Executive Director of the NFLPA, DeMaurice Smith, who has been perhaps the harshest critic of Rush being a part owner of the Rams, was part of President Obama's "transition team" and was a financial contributor to Mr. Obama and the Democrat party. Nobody has said a word about the conflict of interest or the obvious political game that was played by Mr. Smith and the NFLPA. Not one word. And for those who keep insisting that Rush Limbaugh is a racist, despite the fact that it has been proven otherwise, you should know that the first logical fallacy one turns to when they don't have a real arguement is name-calling. Yes, the logical fallacy is someone attempting to drag someone else through the mud to discredit them, instead of argueing facts. So when you say "Rush is a racist" (or any of the other language used on this board), it says much more about the person saying that than the person it is being said about.

I actually changed positions upon contemplating it.  I don't think the right wing absolutists are any worse than the left wing absolutists, and I think it's more of a reflection on the politics in our country as a whole.

Regardless of whether you agree with him, you can't deny that a man who is going to make $400 million over the next 8 years has done good business and made an image for himself that sells.

BUT if he's going to create an image that involves some controversial statements, I think he has to accept that people may not appreciate said comments and might not be willing to take the time to read a whole transcript.  Personally, I think it still boils down to the McNabb statement because it resonates the most with black players, despite his relative vindication on "Obama the Magic Negro" (which, by switching the word "negro" to "black man" would have been more politically correct and less offensive, thereby proving his point with less of a veneer of racism).  I know my opinion changed as the election progressed of Obama, and understanding the entire meaning of the song actually makes me more upset that we can't discuss race without controversy, which I think exacerbates the problem (along with Rush using the word "negro").  I think we should be able to judge Obama's inability to get much done aside from corporate handouts despite majorities in both houses independent of race.

Nonetheless, I think Limbaugh needs to realize it was Roger Goodell and Jim Irsay that cost him his bid along with statements from players like Osi Umenyiora, not Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton (who I think are indeed racial shakedown artists).  And I don't think the media did anything beyond simply perpetuating the same image of himself that he's created.  He's naturally alienating to anybody who leans to the left (myself included in some regards other than free markets), and I don't think it's good for the NFL to alienate a significant portion of the country.  Yes I understand that owners have political agendas, but none nearly so publicly as Limbaugh.

Because of their desire to appeal to fans regardless of politics, I think the NFL made the right decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"The point of it in a racist (or anyone who divides along lines based on an ignorance) is that his friend is "one of the good ones"."

I once heard someone say to her black maid..."I really like you Clara. You're not like the others".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment : You are being naive. You can have friends who are black and still be racist. It isn't uncommon. The point of it in a racist (or anyone who divides along lines based on an ignorance) is that his friend is "one of the good ones". A person can still lump the rest of the world that they don't know into a racist category. Did you know that there is a lot of racism in the black community? Ask a black person if there is a bias for lighter skinned blacks over darker skinned blacks and they will tell you that there are those who are black who are racist against other blacks. So, having a black friend does not disqualify one from having racist attitudes and ideals.  Aside from that, now you want me to "prove" I am not a racist based on what you now refer to as my illogical argument. You are the one who stated it has been "proven", nimnuts. It is YOUR argument. So much for your attempt at logic.  Now to the gist of things. You missed the entire point of my post which says basically that it has become a he said/he said argument and it comes down to how you view the man. Since he tends to use hyperbole and bombast and lies by omission, then I choose not to believe what he says about himself now as I find his character lacking. Mine was not a race argument, genius, it is an argument about character. Get over yourself and take a class on critical thinking before responding with another demonstration of your inability to comprehend 5 sentences. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    I`m going to start this off with the fact is that I don`t not Like Rush Limaugh and his self promting BS But,,  in your typical Micheal Moore/head in the sand liberal response.Try dealing with reality and read the response.
      You and your cohorts slam Rush and ride the tail of lies and unproven "quotes" told by your lefthanded cronys. Time and time again you people bash Rush based on lies and UNPROVEN quotes that he supposedly made.He is NOT a racist. A self serving blowhard yes.But can you people actually once in your life talk about facts instead of just attacking making up BS? That`s how you people work. Take a good long look in the mirror, wipe off your Pelosi lipstick and try a heavy dose of reality and deal with PROVEN FACTS once in a while.
      And by the way,,Ritchie_AZ blew up your stupid rabbit!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]This thread proves why the NFL was right to avoid Limbaugh like the plague. Limbaugh has made his living by saying controversial things that tend to ignite passions and drive people either to love him or hate him.  The NFL is a business that is trying to appeal to a broad market. Having Limbaugh around would create controversy and put some of that market at risk. A good business decision for the NFL is to stay away from the controversy to protect its broad market.  No need to feel sorry for Rush. He's made millions peddling his brand of controversy. And he'll be able to milk this NFL controversy to boost his ratings for weeks to come and therefore make even more money.  The NFL's reject of Rush was good for the NFL's business and it will be good for Rush's business too. A win-win if ever there was one.
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]

Solo-- It should be about right and wrong,not business nor money.To paraphase Winston Churchill "we are just quibling about price,madam" The NFL consists of a bunch of high priced hookers starting with Irsay and Goodell. They are printing money and cowtowing to the P.C. CROWD. Anybody that throws in with that crowd and the Sharpton/Jackson racists should be painted with the same brush.Anyone who sides with Sharpton/Jackson on any issue needs help. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This thread presents yet more evidence to the Mods why they need to restore the "ignore threads" function, that was once available in the old format.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]     This thread presents yet more evidence to the Mods why they need to restore the "ignore threads" function, that was once available in the old format.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Actually, it seems to present more evidence that people should just stfu and stop complaining about basically not having the power of will to not read it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Where is the outrage that George Soros is one of the partners trying to buy the Rams? He's funded some things that many would consider "outrageous" and "polarizing" and employed some radio talk show hosts every bit as controversial (but not nearly as popular) as Rush Limbaugh. But I hear no outrage. Nobody has said he shouldn't be a part-owner of an NFL team. Why?

Why hasn't anyone demanded that DeMaurice Smith step down as Executive Director of the NFLPA?

And for all the outrage over the song "Barack the Magic Negro", why has no one shown any outrage over the L.A. Times who actually coined the phrase? Why is nobody on here upset that the L.A. Times said Barack Obama isn't "black enough"? No, the outrage is aimed at the person who called out the L.A. Times, as if to defend what the L.A. Times said. Why?

Why are all the hate and accusations pointed at one man and not the others?

Why?

Because one is a conservative, and the others are liberals. That's why.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment : I`m going to start this off with the fact is that I don`t not Like Rush Limaugh and his self promting BS But,,  in your typical Micheal Moore/head in the sand liberal response.Try dealing with reality and read the response.   You and your cohorts slam Rush and ride the tail of lies and unproven "quotes" told by your lefthanded cronys. Time and time again you people bash Rush based on lies and UNPROVEN quotes that he supposedly made.He is NOT a racist. A self serving blowhard yes.But can you people actually once in your life talk about facts instead of just attacking making up BS? That`s how you people work. Take a good long look in the mirror, wipe off your Pelosi lipstick and try a heavy dose of reality and deal with PROVEN FACTS once in a while.   And by the way,,Ritchie_AZ blew up your stupid rabbit!!
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

What is it about this that people just don't get?

I am not sure how to simplify this for your dull mind, but I will try.

There are no "FACTS" about his alleged comments. It is neither proven nor disproven that he said them. People allege he did. He denies it. Neither action proves anything.

Note: I find it hilarious that you chastise people for believing those alleging he said them (which I don't by the way), when you do the same thing except that you believe Rush's denial of them. 

For me, it comes down to the character that Rush has displayed for years - he has basically chosen to portray himself as a liar - he will use exaggerations and outright lies to "prove" what he is saying and make lies of omissions by not referencing facts about issues that mitigate or even disprove his points. He has chosen that path for himself, not I.

So, now, because I choose not to believe Rush because he has lied for years, you think I am the bad guy for not believing a liar who makes overt racial comments (yes, attributed ones.) and now denies he is a racist. How foolish are you?

BTW, aside from the comments that he allegedly made, Rush has also decided to bring race into many comments he makes about the President. I don't have a problem with him being disapproving or critical of the President, but he, Rush Limbaugh, is the one who often makes it a racial issue. There are ways to criticize the President without racial commentary, yet he uses race often. While this does not make him inherently a racist - in fact he may be doing it for ratings - it goes back to my previous point - if you don't want to be thought of as a liar, don't lie and if you don't want to be thought of as a racist, don't continually make racist remarks or remarks that can be perceived as racist because, given his history, they will be. If he is just using race as a way to make money by increasing his ratings, then it again is his choice and his fault if people believe him to be racist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Where is the outrage that George Soros is one of the partners trying to buy the Rams? He's funded some things that many would consider "outrageous" and "polarizing" and employed some radio talk show hosts every bit as controversial (but not nearly as popular) as Rush Limbaugh. But I hear no outrage. Nobody has said he shouldn't be a part-owner of an NFL team. Why? Why hasn't anyone demanded that DeMaurice Smith step down as Executive Director of the NFLPA? And for all the outrage over the song "Barack the Magic Negro", why has no one shown any outrage over the L.A. Times who actually coined the phrase? Why is nobody on here upset that the L.A. Times said Barack Obama isn't "black enough"? No, the outrage is aimed at the person who called out the L.A. Times, as if to defend what the L.A. Times said. Why? Why are all the hate and accusations pointed at one man and not the others? Why? Because one is a conservative, and the others are liberals. That's why.

Because those aren't the subjects at hand. Why the attempt at misdirection? Why make it a liberal v. conservative argument when it clearly isn't. Again, why the misdirection?

The only issue comparable is Soros being part owner in a group and the last I heard, he has not insulted 65% of the workforce of the NFL with his politics, has he?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment : What is it about this that people just don't get? I am not sure how to simplify this for your dull mind, but I will try. There are no "FACTS" about his alleged comments. It is neither proven nor disproven that he said them. People allege he did. He denies it. Neither action proves anything. Note: I find it hilarious that you chastise people for believing those alleging he said them (which I don't by the way), when you do the same thing except that you believe Rush's denial of them.  For me, it comes down to the character that Rush has displayed for years - he has basically chosen to portray himself as a liar - he will use exaggerations and outright lies to "prove" what he is saying and make lies of omissions by not referencing facts about issues that mitigate or even disprove his points. He has chosen that path for himself, not I. So, now, because I choose not to believe Rush because he has lied for years, you think I am the bad guy for not believing a liar who makes overt racial comments (yes, attributed ones.) and now denies he is a racist. How foolish are you? BTW, aside from the comments that he allegedly made, Rush has also decided to bring race into many comments he makes about the President. I don't have a problem with him being disapproving or critical of the President, but he, Rush Limbaugh, is the one who often makes it a racial issue. There are ways to criticize the President without racial commentary, yet he uses race often. While this does not make him inherently a racist - in fact he may be doing it for ratings - it goes back to my previous point - if you don't want to be thought of as a liar, don't lie and if you don't want to be thought of as a racist, don't continually make racist remarks or remarks that can be perceived as racist because, given his history, they will be. If he is just using race as a way to make money by increasing his ratings, then it again is his choice and his fault if people believe him to be racist.

In other words guilty until proven innocent? agreed that he has made numerous stupid statements and like I said at the begining of my last post that I DO NOT like the man.But,he has the same right as any other american in that his right to free speech.Along with that right it is also the right to suffer the consequences of the speech that he readily offers.being said,,that does NOT give you or anyone else the right to lie,and besmirch his name just because you do not like what he says.Where is the proof of all the racist comments that he made? please send the sound clips of them.Also please send me the clips of his "racial commentary" concerning your president.Of course you probably won`t find one just like the vast majority of other comments that he`s supposedly made but yet no one can find irrefutable proof that he said them.
      Why don`t you people just admit that you are on a classic good old fashioned witchhunt based purely on the fact that you don`t like him.In the mean time you`ll spend your dollars and time rooting for killers,wife beaters,thugs,and criminals that make up a certain segment of the NFL. Where`s the outrage against that. Throw them out of the league!! Oh yeah,that`s right,,they don`t have a political agenda that rivals yours so it`s just fine and dandy for them to represent your favorite city and team.
     And this is the type of society that you embrace?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I don't like sanctimonious windbags like Limbaugh but, after Victor Kiam, maybe we should let others get agitated over this issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

When a racist like Al Tawana Brawley Sharpton can be influential in who should be considered in ownership of an NFL franchise, is the sign of the Apocalypse not far behind ?
    Yeah, I'm with Rush on this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Think what you want of Rush . . .

I tend to agree with Enoch when he says that using bombast and extemism as your weapons of choice in the ratings war is going to give the public license to paint you in a certain light -- I'm of the opinion that Rush plays a character on the radio; unfortunately for him, he's in a business that isn't going to make a distinction between his public and private personae (if, in fact, there is one -- which I tend to doubt). But one of the things we appear to be skirting in this discussion is the fact that -- whatever your opinion of Rush -- he is undoubtedly the poster boy for the only kind of discrimination that is considered perfectly acceptable under the bright blue sky in this day and age . . .

and that is discrimination against middle-aged white guys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

There seems to be some pot calling the kettle black going on here. (pardon the pun) This is a Boston.com board. Massachusetts is arguably the most liberal state in the country. Boston is arguably the liberal city in the country. Historically Boston has been considered the MOST racist city in the country. How do you liberals on this board explain that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Enoch, an independant study found that Rush Limbaugh is something like 98% factually correct (I'll post a link when I have more time). So after the racist allegations got shot out of the water, the next step to discredit him is apparently calling him a liar. Why not just argue facts? Why name call? (Oh, yeah, I already said why in a previous post... it has to do with logical fallacies).

As far as the "misdirection", I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. You are upset with someone you don't agree with politically, but when someone you do agree with politically does a similar thing or worse, silence. Why?

While Soros may not have insulted 65% of the NFL workforce, he's probably insulted 50% of the viewers.
    Besides, Rush has only insulted "65%" of the NFL workforce because people like DeMaurice Smith spread false information about him. If those 65% knew the truth, most would likely not be insulted.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

Rush Limbough was droped by the investment group because they wanted to increase there chance of getting there bid excepted. I would say Rush was treated unfairly but he is a scum bag so who cares? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment :  In other words guilty until proven innocent? agreed that he has made numerous stupid statements and like I said at the begining of my last post that I DO NOT like the man.But,he has the same right as any other american in that his right to free speech.Along with that right it is also the right to suffer the consequences of the speech that he readily offers.being said,,that does NOT give you or anyone else the right to lie,and besmirch his name just because you do not like what he says.Where is the proof of all the racist comments that he made? please send the sound clips of them.Also please send me the clips of his "racial commentary" concerning your president.Of course you probably won`t find one just like the vast majority of other comments that he`s supposedly made but yet no one can find irrefutable proof that he said them.   Why don`t you people just admit that you are on a classic good old fashioned witchhunt based purely on the fact that you don`t like him.In the mean time you`ll spend your dollars and time rooting for killers,wife beaters,thugs,and criminals that make up a certain segment of the NFL. Where`s the outrage against that. Throw them out of the league!! Oh yeah,that`s right,,they don`t have a political agenda that rivals yours so it`s just fine and dandy for them to represent your favorite city and team.  And this is the type of society that you embrace?
    Posted by djbosox2004[/QUOTE]

You obviously don't understand the right of free speech. Go look it up before you talk about it, please. 

And don't accuse me of lying because I haven't. And who are "you people"? I am speaking for myself. I don't represent anyone. You seem the one to be on a witch hunt and in far over your your pitch fork, too, I might add.

I am not talking about politics, either. You are. Maybe if you got off your soapbox and stop jumping at shadows, you might actually calm your tiny brain down a bit to actually learn something.

The sad truth here is that you are the only one in this dialogue that is pushing an agenda. I explained my reasoning to you as to why I hold an opinion. But you want to make it something else. Why? I don't know. I would encourage you to take a moment and try to educate yourself, if that is possible.

You can't even hold up an argument. What is this tangent accusing me of supporting criminals? Where did you "figure" that? 

You are simply wasting time making things up instead of engaging in a rational discussion. I think you are an overemotional idiot who feels some urge to protect his viewpoint, but really doesn't know how. Take care.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Think what you want of Rush . . . I tend to agree with Enoch when he says that using bombast and extemism as your weapons of choice in the ratings war is going to give the public license to paint you in a certain light -- I'm of the opinion that Rush plays a character on the radio; unfortunately for him, he's in a business that isn't going to make a distinction between his public and private personae (if, in fact, there is one -- which I tend to doubt). But one of the things we appear to be skirting in this discussion is the fact that -- whatever your opinion of Rush -- he is undoubtedly the poster boy for the only kind of discrimination that is perfectly acceptable under the bright blue sky in this day and age . . . and that is discrimination against middle-aged white guys.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

PM,

Thank you for understanding my point. I am not sure why it is difficult for some to grasp. Did I use too many words or something.

And, personally, I've always thought that poor white trash was the last acceptable target of racism, but you have a good point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Enoch, an independant study found that Rush Limbaugh is something like 98% factually correct (I'll post a link when I have more time). 

Why, was now somehow inconvenient? Such assertions don’t need proof later. They need proof. Now.

So after the racist allegations got shot out of the water, the next step to discredit him is apparently calling him a liar. 

Pretty liberal with the complex questions there. The racial allegations were not shot out of the water. In fact, you haven’t proven them yet except to say that Rush is not a racist because he has a black friend. I refuted that easily. Perhaps you should figure out a better argument for why he isn’t racist before you claim victory. You should also know that repeating something over and over does not prove it.

Why not just argue facts? Why name call? (Oh, yeah, I already said why in a previous post... it has to do with logical fallacies).

The noun for a person who lies is “liar”. You can sue the English language if it doesn’t suit you. Otherwise, you have definitively stated that he is “98% factually correct”. Prove your statement. I indicated that he uses bombast, hyperbole and lies of omission to make his points and my opinion of him is based on that.

As far as the "misdirection", I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. You are upset with someone you don't agree with politically, but when someone you do agree with politically does a similar thing or worse, silence. Why?

Once again, the hypocrisy argument is a red herring. You question has merits as part of a larger discussion, but the obvious reason it isn’t being discussed here is that it isn’t a part of the discussion. Also, you are using a straw man argument by accusing me of being against Rush politically when I haven’t even mentioned politics. I have written nothing even close to it. I have stated several times that it is a character issue. You are the one making it political.

While Soros may not have insulted 65% of the NFL workforce, he's probably insulted 50% of the viewers. 

This is just a continuation of your red herring. If you really need to address it, start another thread.

Besides, Rush has only insulted "65%" of the NFL workforce because people like DeMaurice Smith spread false information about him. If those 65% knew the truth, most would likely not be insulted. 

Hmm, that statement is wrong on so many levels, but we’ll start by calling it what it is, a fallacy of mistaking correlation for causation. You don’t know why 65% of the workforce is insulted by Rush. You also haven’t demonstrated that Smith made any false allegations. You obviously can’t make your conclusion without the proof of the latter and evidence of the former. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment : The other part of capitalism is that you can refuse to sell to someone if you don't like them.  Or in the case of a professional sports league, you can deny an a**hole membership.  If you don't like it, move to Mongolia.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I AGREE they can refuse to let RUSH Limbaugh in... Absolutely!  I am also sure they will do just that because a bunch of IGNORANT Americans who believe that he said those things are spouting them as Gospel and claiming he is an evil racist.

IT is not RUSH that is divisive in this particular matter - it is the far left BIGGOT who claimed he said all those things of which NONE can be proven.  THAT is right, NOT a one outside of the FACT that the man MADE FUN OF THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA for hyping McNabb so much and said it is because they so wanted to see a black QB be the best QB.  DID anyone ever refute that claim?  Was McNabb not stinking up the joint at the time, while still being called the second coming?

Although I am not a fan of Mr Limbaughs, I do believe that the LAZY class should get off their backside and start earning what they get.  At this time more people get gov't aid than do not get aid.  Before the collapse in 2007 it was approx 40%- still WAY TO HIGH!  Time to get out there and be responsible for oneself.

Mr Limbaugh and I have something else in common... we both read HR3200..... the ONLY healthcare bill that the public has been allowed to see.  Don't you wonder why that is?  OR are you to ignorant to question why 13 DEMS voted to keep the Baucus bil under wraps?

Enjoy your new form of government STeal from the successfula nd those willing to work, and give it to the lazy slobs who will vote DEM.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment : What is it about this that people just don't get? I am not sure how to simplify this for your dull mind, but I will try. There are no "FACTS" about his alleged comments. It is neither proven nor disproven that he said them. People allege he did. He denies it. Neither action proves anything. Note: I find it hilarious that you chastise people for believing those alleging he said them (which I don't by the way), when you do the same thing except that you believe Rush's denial of them.  For me, it comes down to the character that Rush has displayed for years - he has basically chosen to portray himself as a liar - he will use exaggerations and outright lies to "prove" what he is saying and make lies of omissions by not referencing facts about issues that mitigate or even disprove his points. He has chosen that path for himself, not I. So, now, because I choose not to believe Rush because he has lied for years, you think I am the bad guy for not believing a liar who makes overt racial comments (yes, attributed ones.) and now denies he is a racist. How foolish are you? BTW, aside from the comments that he allegedly made, Rush has also decided to bring race into many comments he makes about the President. I don't have a problem with him being disapproving or critical of the President, but he, Rush Limbaugh, is the one who often makes it a racial issue. There are ways to criticize the President without racial commentary, yet he uses race often. While this does not make him inherently a racist - in fact he may be doing it for ratings - it goes back to my previous point - if you don't want to be thought of as a liar, don't lie and if you don't want to be thought of as a racist, don't continually make racist remarks or remarks that can be perceived as racist because, given his history, they will be. If he is just using race as a way to make money by increasing his ratings, then it again is his choice and his fault if people believe him to be racist.

ENOCH even one as far left as you cannot even begin to believe that if there was any proof (Actually having said it) that Mr Limbaughs voice (Tapes) would be plastered all over the internet.

Don't continually make racist remarks if you do not want to be considered a RACIST?... OKAY GUMBY show me three racist remarks RUSH has made that can be verified.....  GO FOR IT....  YOU SAID CONTINUALLY..... so it should be easy to find a handful shouldn't it?

The problem with this entire thing is that the left loves to throw the RACE CARD and GIN up some false charges.  They are nothing but a bunch of puppet string pullers for their followers.  SAY RUSH IS A RACIST.. and the followers will go to their grave believing it.

OBAMA is a RACIST!  He provesd it with his own words..... He is also a SEXIST and AGIST... he is against anything that is not what he believes as ideal.

PROOF?.. /> SURE!
    What happened when a white cop arrested his black budddy?.... He threw the race card - before hearing the story.

What did he tell the lady (on ABC) that asked about her 85 yr old mom getting health care.  The one that said she had open heart surgery and a hip job done in the last year.  HE told her that an elderly person's spirit could not be taken into acct when we discuss healthcare but rather that would be based on PRODUCTIVITY vs COST.  Well the older people are less productive (though they previously paid the cost)- AGIST!

The man is the ultimate Biggot and he lies more than anyone I have ever seen.

Yesterday a story broke, that during a meeting in April Baucus/Obama/ and their supporters got together to fund tens of millions of dolars of Health Care Agenda ads.... HUH?  So every day american's cannot say their piece, but the President and his cronies who are trying to wrestle the power from the American people can?

READ HR3200..... 1 of 5 bills to be melded. Don't go to some third party website and ask them to DEBUNK it for you.... GO READY IT YOURSELF.

There are NO DEATH PANELS....  there is however going to be a commission that will decide what treatments are allowed and they will be based on avg. quality years remaining.  VS COST.  SO if you need say a Colonectomy to remove cancer and you are say 80 yrs old.....  umm... there are no death panels.

Keep believing what the forked tongue one says to you while getting MAD AT THIS BLOWHARD...... Rush can have no effect on your life whether he buys the Rams or not.....  However Barak can do whatever he wants to you- because you wanted CHANGE from personal freedom with accountability to the great NEW America of steal from everyone else to give it to the lazy arses.

How will that effect the inventors of the world?  IS it worth inventing a new items if it costs so much to get it to the market and then the gov't steals 60% + of the profits from it? 

I know of a dozen imvestors that were in on a great item (I was a minor investor).  They all pulled their support - READ NO MORE MONEY- for an item that would have made the world safer- because they are pretty sure that the Price fixing gov't police will make it so that there is no realized profit.  LOL.

What happens to America when the value of creating something becomes less than the amt. of timew/money invested?  WE BECOME FRANCE_ LITE!

Sections
Shortcuts