rushing more than passing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: rushing more than passing?

This offense is putting up sick numbers already - the last 3 games, they have put up 30+ First Downs per game!  Wow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

but you can always tell when they are going to pass versus the run according to the moron DC in AZ

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

They have a great 1-2 punch with Ridley & Bolden.....and now that Vereen seems to be healthy again, it will be interesting to see how they use him. Every time either Ridley or Bolden touch the ball they seem to both have the explosiveness to break one at any time....just awesome. The difference is that they hit the hole quickly...no dancing...no hesitation...just bam!! No doubt that this will make an already tough to defend offense a whole lot tougher.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Run them till their legs fall off- these runners are young, they can handle it. I love watching a running game - is there anything better? You just pound it away and watch as the defense gets this look on their face like...get me out of here...put me on the plane...I can't take it anymore. That's the way Denver looked yesterday.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Thank god for McDaniels coming back and rattling the cage in hopes of helping Brady become the old Brady again.  Bout time!

Branch said it best after the game.

Been a long time coming and the best part is it shuts up the Bradyites who think he hasn't needed a running game. God riddance to the 2007 ideology and all its horrendous flaws.

How many people on here thought that? I mean I'm a "Bradyite" and even I have wanted a running game for years. Run=good.

Who are you taking about? Are you talking to the voices in your head again?

There is nothing better than watching a good runner do his thing...the flow..the work...rythem...confidence as the game goes. And watching those yards pile up..78..84...96...102...110...115..123...130...137...142...151!!! It's magic, it's like going to Disney World. I love watching the yards pile up for a good runner. Maybe we have that now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah, right, Hurlie. You aren't fooling anyone. We haven't seen a commitment to the run like this since 2010 or preseason 2010 when they ran amuck and actually tailored down Brady's pass attempts.

Really, it's been since 2004 with Weis, in a nutshell.

This is your worst nightmare, because what Wozzy, TrueChamp, myself and others have exposed you and your little Brady Clique here with for over 12 months is now a reality for you.

Brady needs to be scaled back this because it HELPS THE TEAM.  Worst nightmare for you, Babe, Pezzy, Prolate, etc. 

This team will not lose if McDaniels sticks to that.  Will not lose.   Woodhead is not a lead back. Period. He doesn't have the skill set for it. Ridley and Bolden do. Bolden is eerily similar to BJGE.

Enjoy!  I know I will!

This is the closest this team has shown to playing true, complementary football consistently since 2010 (before Brady wanted Woodhead as his lead back in the Jets playoff debacle), and I am loving it.

Got those cupcakes ready for your 5th period class this morning? LMAO

C'mon Russ....We haven't committed to a run because we have not had the horses to run like we can today. If you think for a second BB is going to give BJGE 30 touches a game over putting the ball in Brady's hands which was our best chance to win, jsut go back and watch some games. 

It is only now that we have the proper stable, and, realziing that, we are not afraid to use them as you can see from the number of runs vs passes. Of course it will be game spedific, but the point is we have the horses to commit to the run with. 

This soapbox you have been on since god knows when it crazy. How would you expect the Pats to commit to a run when it didn't have any serious threats in the backfield. Now we have many, and you are seeing the result. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Talent makes a difference.  That's what you're seeing here.  Many of the plays they ran yesterday were no different than last year's plays.  Most of the game, they were in spread formations, with Brady in and out of the shotgun.  The big difference was that Ridley got 4, 5, 6+ yards a carry, where BJGE was getting 2 and 3 yards per carry.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Bingo prolate. This was my point above. Russ would have the Pats commit to the run when it didn't have runners capable of gaining the type of yardage that Ridley and Bolden are racking up. You think defenses are going to gameplan around BJGE? WHat abotu RIdley?....I think so.

As I said above, we have the horses and now BB and JM are letting them run. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

They have a great 1-2 punch with Ridley & Bolden.....and now that Vereen seems to be healthy again, it will be interesting to see how they use him. Every time either Ridley or Bolden touch the ball they seem to both have the explosiveness to break one at any time....just awesome. The difference is that they hit the hole quickly...no dancing...no hesitation...just bam!! No doubt that this will make an already tough to defend offense a whole lot tougher.

I expected Vereen to fill the roll Faulk played for so many years but if teams are going to give Welker 4 yards with no one covering him when we need 3 for the first down Vereen's usefulness goes down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

He needs to do a better job of getting rid of it if nothing is there, there were a couple of chances to just throw it away.

Brady doesn't need to do a better job of anything.  He's the best there is.

No one is perfect; therefore, there is always something that can be improved upon. I bet you dollars to donuts Tom would be the first one to say this.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

My favorite run was at the end of the first half when he got hit and spun for the first down. He showed great balance. The Pats may have a new Curtis Martin (homegrown running stud though Martin was deadly on screens and Ridley has dropped a couple so far).

let's not trade him to the jets quite yet.....lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

and just wait for hernandez to come back... lots of runs from the 2TE set... 

keep brady in the 30 - 35 range...

long life to the king !

but to be honest w/ u when in 2 TE power formations....would rather not keep Gronk back to block...would rather see someone else blocking. Mebbe use Fells, Gronk, and Hernandez...w/ Fells ready to block for RB or protect Brady

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah, right, Hurlie. You aren't fooling anyone. We haven't seen a commitment to the run like this since 2010 or preseason 2010 when they ran amuck and actually tailored down Brady's pass attempts.

Really, it's been since 2004 with Weis, in a nutshell.

This is your worst nightmare, because what Wozzy, TrueChamp, myself and others have exposed you and your little Brady Clique here with for over 12 months is now a reality for you.

Brady needs to be scaled back this because it HELPS THE TEAM.  Worst nightmare for you, Babe, Pezzy, Prolate, etc. 

This team will not lose if McDaniels sticks to that.  Will not lose.   Woodhead is not a lead back. Period. He doesn't have the skill set for it. Ridley and Bolden do. Bolden is eerily similar to BJGE.

Enjoy!  I know I will!

This is the closest this team has shown to playing true, complementary football consistently since 2010 (before Brady wanted Woodhead as his lead back in the Jets playoff debacle), and I am loving it.

Got those cupcakes ready for your 5th period class this morning? LMAO

Listen Listen, I know it must be totally embarrassing for you to see WHY we didn't run as much last year and take the ball out of Brady's hands, with the proof of what Belichick said this summer ,what Brady said last Monday, watching your boy friend Benny fail miserably in Cincy and witnessing how/what it's like to have runners that can...well run, but you need to get over this. Come on man, you can do it.

It's called humble pie - now open up - take a big mouthfull...mmmmmmm good. So good.

The silly part is this - you are accussing me of not liking a running game. Bahahahaaaa!!! I love running the football. Love watching it. Love following running stats. Love talking about running backs. Love comparing running styles. Love pointing out to morons what a good runner looks like and what an average back up runner is. It's fun stuff - all of it!!

Watching a running game work is to me the best thing in football. Watching a running game get stuffed can be painfull, but watching it unfold is football. You should try understanding it sometime - while you're at it you should watch/understand QB play, it's pretty good too. A lot more fun than pretending you know what we are doing on defense or how good we are at it...or the salary cap. Just keep it simple nit wit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Talent makes a difference.  That's what you're seeing here.  Many of the plays they ran yesterday were no different than last year's plays.  Most of the game, they were in spread formations, with Brady in and out of the shotgun.  The big difference was that Ridley got 4, 5, 6+ yards a carry, where BJGE was getting 2 and 3 yards per carry.  

what was law firm's average when crumpler was on the team?

I would say that the current success in the running game is due to better blocking up front - and a step up in talent. Law firm had a hard time breaking one for 5 yards.

And, not that I'm complaining about Woodhead, but it's just weird to see them trying to run Woody inside - because most of those plays end up poorly. Would rather see him run at or around the edge - and preferably w/ someone in front blocking.  If they're gonna run him inside, give him a FB or TE to run behind.....lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

I would say that the current success in the running game is due to better blocking up front - and a step up in talent. Law firm had a hard time breaking one for 5 yards.

And, not that I'm complaining about Woodhead, but it's just weird to see them trying to run Woody inside - because most of those plays end up poorly. Would rather see him run at or around the edge - and preferably w/ someone in front blocking.  If they're gonna run him inside, give him a FB or TE to run behind.....lol.

With Crumpler he was averaging over 4.4 yards, which is respectable.  But his production really declined in 2011 and you could see the difference between him and Ridley when both played in the same game against the same defenders.  

With Woodhead, when they run him inside, they are hoping the defense is spread out and focused on the pass.  If you're going to line up heavy, then it's better to use a big back since the defense is not going to be spread out and looking for the pass when you're showing run. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

We have talked a lot about this topic over the last few years.  The running game is working and this team will be harder to beat because of it.  Buffalo and Denver were in the nickel, so the Pats took advantage of it.  If teams start keying on the run, there are enough weapons for the Pats to take advantage there too. 

If they're still a gameplan team or if this is a concerted effort to be more run-oriented, it's good that the Pats' O can control the tempo and  the clock.   I really loved to see that they run the ball 50+ times and controlled the ball for 35+ minutes.  Good stuff.  

Hopefully this means the days of defenses  rushing Brady up the middle and dropping back to crowd the passing lanes is over.  At least in the playoffs anyway. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

With Crumpler he was averaging over 4.4 yards, which is respectable.  But his production really declined in 2011 and you could see the difference between him and Ridley when both played in the same game against the same defenders.  

With Woodhead, when they run him inside, they are hoping the defense is spread out and focused on the pass.  If you're going to line up heavy, then it's better to use a big back since the defense is not going to be spread out and looking for the pass when you're showing run. 

i hear ya....just think that with Ridley, Bolden, and a healthier Vereeen - there's less need for Woody

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

I am thinking that Vereen may be used more as a receiver for screen passes, etc.  Yesterday he was actually split out wide and was interfered with on a fairly long pass.  This running game is awesome and I hope Mcdaniels keeps up with the good mixture we had yesterday.  We really had several great drives that took at leastm7 - 8 minutes.  This is what we have been missing to close out games and milk the clock. It also makes Brady a better QB.  He completed 74% of passes yesterday.  Our offense is like number six in the run and number eight passing.  This is great balance.  I know some people are probably upset because Brady is not passing for three hundred yards a game, but with this balance we will hard to beat.  But if teams try to shut down our running game then Brady may have a three hundred or more passing game.  Teams are going have to pick their poison.  Mcdaniels needs to be patient and take what the defense gives us.  Ther is no way a team should be able to shut down our whole offense.  By late November, this team should be running all cylinders, and the defense is also going to be better.

Sections
Shortcuts