Russ Got Banned?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Russ Got Banned?

Did Russ get banned?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Russ Got Banned?

if those are angels singing in the backround of my head...then yes, yes he did...about time BDC

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

It is a fact. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I am an atheist, but I can't help wondering now if there is some sort of diety.

Then I come back down to Earth and realize the guy will only re-emerge under another alias. 

In the meantime, let's have fun debating football with mutual respect.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

"The King is Gone but he's not forgotten"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Russ Got Banned?:
    [QUOTE]"The King is Gone but he's not forgotten"
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Killa, it seems like it unless there's some kind of system error.

In the morning, I saw he had replied to some threads but his posts were never actually there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

What could you turn him in for besides drooling on his own keyboard?  On another note, what is this I hear about tom brady doing spot on justin beber immitations?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

No, actually he's vacationing with his buddys in Provincetown for the Labor Day weekend. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Just worry about scoring more than 9 points a game, troll [this one's for you Russ]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Ineiln Response to Re: Russ Got Banned?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russ Got Banned? :                                        ?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Neil Young

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Nice ap.  I will be taking the weekend off myself so enjoy the forums this weekend.  Until then enjoy, tb and his lovechild.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Is this for real? Did someone really turn him in?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yeah, At least 1 person ratted him out probably more. I noticed a bunch of his posts disappearing and that's the tell tale.

I don't believe that's his only screen name though so he's all set. It looks like he's treading somewhat lightly though for the mean time. I'm wondering whether it was a troll or just one of the locals that hates him. Doesn't take much if you get the right moderator.

Come on Russ. You gotta come back swinging now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]Ineiln Response to Re: Russ Got Banned? : Neil Young
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    So this is the story of Johnny Rotten?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

RIP RUSTY...Your posts are gone and all that is left is your legacy.

I just dont understand why he was reported.  I surely thought him to be annoying but I dont think he deserved to be censored...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

as a veteran of the ban Russ will quote the Arnold.... "I'll be back"

Russ was a little over the top but hey it takes all kinds... right underpup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

He was banned, and all of his posts seem to be hidden.  I don't believe he said anything so offensive as to be banned though.  From a business perspective, I guess the Globe doesn't want any one person taking over the forums and turning away readers.  

An interesting tidbit is that if you view the RSS version of a thread, you will see posts even from banned users.  For some reason they do not hide them there.  I look at the RSS version for any long threads because all posts are on one page, with the most recent on top.  Less clicks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Russ Got Banned? : So this is the story of Johnny Rotten?
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

Johnny Rotten, Rotten Johnny /> LOL

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

He was passionate about the Pats. Fault him for that I guess. I read some of this stuff people saying well Bill thinks this and Bill thinks that. Apparently the pen is mightier then the sword unless the sword is stuck in your eye.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]He was banned, and all of his posts seem to be hidden.  I don't believe he said anything so offensive as to be banned though.  From a business perspective, I guess the Globe doesn't want any one person taking over the forums and turning away readers.   An interesting tidbit is that if you view the RSS version of a thread, you will see posts even from banned users.  For some reason they do not hide them there.  I look at the RSS version for any long threads because all posts are on one page, with the most recent on top.  Less clicks.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

DJ- I've seen you post that before but couldn't figure out how to do that. Could you tell me where the Button is for that? I don't see it on my browser anywhere.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]He was passionate about the Pats. Fault him for that I guess. I read some of this stuff people saying well Bill thinks this and Bill thinks that. Apparently the pen is mightier then the sword unless the sword is stuck in your eye.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

I agree Phil. It's easy enough to put someone on ignore and it really does do any good to report them and  get them banned because you can easily make a comeback in about 5 minutes or less.

You could see the mob forming against Russ lately though and they had the torches and pichforks out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The bottom line is that you don't really have to do anything wrong to get banned. Certainly, Russ is overbearing and a little pompous, but he's far from the worst example of THAT on this board. It was easy enough to notice the more rational, objective posters simply disengaging from Russ. There's nothing to be gained by trying to reason with a guy like that, but as long as he's not openly insulting -- which, at times, he was -- I don't see a problem. I kind of hope maybe Rusty will develop a little perspective from this. It can't possibly be healthy to spend as much time doing this kind of thing as Russ apparently does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

RUSTY!!!!!!!!  Frown

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Somebody once got me banned and I couldn't tell you why.  Same thing at Fox. Again, I could not tell you why, and that place is the Wild West compared to here.

But this guy was overboard. It's one thing to disagree.  It's another thing to relentlessly, figuratively beat people over the head because they don't agree with everything you think.  It takes all the fun out of the forum.

Is it true that this is at least his second time being banned?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I think Russ should come back as Carrottop. 

Sections
Shortcuts