Russell Wilson named Starter!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Russell Wilson named Starter!

The Seahawks have named third-round pick Russell Wilson their Week 1 starting quarterback.

Wilson earned the job by going 35-of-52 (67.3 percent) for 464 yards (8.92 YPA), five touchdowns, and one interception in three preseason games. He's tacked on 150 rushing yards and a sixth touchdown on 10 scrambles. Wilson has played with controlled urgency, and been devastating on play-action fakes. While we're not ready to crown Wilson a back-end QB1, he'll be a very high-upside QB2 selection who you can probably get in the teen-rounds of drafts. Wilson getting the job may be good news for Marshawn Lynch, in particular. Seattle's zone-run scheme could take off with a dual-threat quarterback at the helm.

Surprising considering the signing of Flynn...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Russell Wilson named Starter!

I applaud the Hawks for not taking the easy way out and starting the guy they committed the cash to. Too many NFL teams do this and lose because of it. He really looked good in the highlights I saw.

It also goes to show you can't count on too many backups who had a few good games to pay a butt load of cash to....Kolb,Flynn.....SanchezTongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Back to my informational copy and pastes

Matt Flynn didn't break bank - $19.5 mill/3 years. Russell Wilson got 4 years worth $2.99 mil; $619,400 sign bonus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Wilson named Starter!:
    [QUOTE]Back to my informational copy and pastes Chris Mortensen   ‏ @ mortreport Matt Flynn didn't break bank - $19.5 mill/3 years. Russell Wilson got 4 years worth $2.99 mil; $619,400 sign bonus
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Possible one of my favorite things to do on this blog...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

He has looked great all preseason.  Love him as a FF dynasty league type.  Just missed out on grabbing him today by 4 picks, cursed up a storm.  But I had a great draft anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Wow.  When I saw Matt Flynn in a real game against a real team, he impressed me.  He almost beat us. Stupid of them to go with Wilson I think.  We will see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Being an NC alumni, this is super exciting to me. Love Wilson, and everything he does out on a football field.

Hope he can be successful in the NFL. Looks like I have a new team to follow this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Flynn did play well in that game against us a couple of years ago. Wilson has looked good in the pre season. We will see once the real games start.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Oh that CrAzY Pete Carroll, he's at it again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Russell Wilson named Starter!:
    [QUOTE]Being an NC alumni, this is super exciting to me. Love Wilson, and everything he does out on a football field. Hope he can be successful in the NFL. Looks like I have a new team to follow this season.
    Posted by oh-my-beard[/QUOTE]

Hard to have a second team in the NFL for me.... just have to high hopes for the Pats.  In the NBA it's easy to cheer for the Thunder with Perk, KD and others.  When Branch went to Seattle I pulled for them, but obviously did not care too much.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Russell Wilson named Starter!:
    [QUOTE]The Seahawks have named third-round pick Russell Wilson their Week 1 starting quarterback. Wilson earned the job by going 35-of-52 (67.3 percent) for 464 yards (8.92 YPA), five touchdowns, and one interception in three preseason games. He's tacked on 150 rushing yards and a sixth touchdown on 10 scrambles. Wilson has played with controlled urgency, and been devastating on play-action fakes. While we're not ready to crown Wilson a back-end QB1, he'll be a very high-upside QB2 selection who you can probably get in the teen-rounds of drafts. Wilson getting the job may be good news for Marshawn Lynch, in particular. Seattle's zone-run scheme could take off with a dual-threat quarterback at the helm. Surprising considering the signing of Flynn...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

hey getz, did you see my thread earlier in preseason after his first then seecond game. a saw something then, and kid is breaking it all out now.

Sections
Shortcuts