Rusty, any comments on Brady's play today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty, any comments on Brady's play today?

Yeah, I know, it is not 56 - 0..   but, hey, Houston tried!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: Rusty, any comments on Brady's play today?

Only reason Brady played well is because all 11 defenders were focused on Ridley all game

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I'll share.  Brady's play was marginal.  Look, when the defense is stopping the opposition entirely, it is not difficult for one of the best QB's in the league to turn in a decent performance.  When Tom Brady's team is challenged, he's a different, less effective player. 

Thank Belichick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll share.  Brady's play was marginal.  Look, when the defense is stopping the opposition entirely, it is not difficult for one of the best QB's in the league to turn in a decent performance.  When Tom Brady's team is challenged, he's a different, less effective player. 

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha one and done Manning!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE] Sour grapes that Brady is pulling away from your "boy"?  What do you call what Manning did yesterday, a masterpiece?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

344/3. As opposed to Gomer's three turnovers. Yeah, youre right about that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Dude - when you make posts like this you completely devalue any arguement you make in Manning's favor

Simple truth is that any team playing the Pats is game planning to stop Tom Brady first - Brady loses his best weapon on the 7 th play of the game - yet still manages to be 'marginal' enough to put of complete 62.5% of passes, 344 yds, 3 TDs and a 115 passer rating

Tom Brady won his 17th playoff game today - and is now 17-6 in his career - unlike Manning's 'marginal' 9-11 record - including that 3rd string like decision to throw in OT yesterday that finished Denver's chances - different uniform, same old Manning - the very definition of un-clutch

Yet - here you are - claiming you didn't see your heros shining moment yesterday but professing to have seen enough of the Pats game today to offer your wonderfully insightful, unbiased expertise on Tom Brady

How could anyone ever take you seriously?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Thats funny, when A Qb gets spotted 2 touchdowns he usually wins fairly easy, much like the Denver game. oops, sorry. My mistake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Please refrain from letting the troll hijack threads, thanks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, my little b1tch, Brady just took sole posession of most playoff victories record.  Know who is NOT on that record in any way? 4.5 Head.  Just shut up.  I KNOW you are stupid, but there are a few other posters here who haven't figured it out yet.  No point giving it away because you are mad.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Brady's play was marginal? Marginal?? I think I now understand why everyone can't stand you around here. It wasn't Brady's all time best game, but he didn't turn it over and he threw for 3 touchdowns against a team that can pass rush...not marginal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to qball369's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Dude - when you make posts like this you completely devalue any arguement you make in Manning's favor

Simple truth is that any team playing the Pats is game planning to stop Tom Brady first - Brady loses his best weapon on the 7 th play of the game - yet still manages to be 'marginal' enough to put of complete 62.5% of passes, 344 yds, 3 TDs and a 115 passer rating

Tom Brady won his 17th playoff game today - and is now 17-6 in his career - unlike Manning's 'marginal' 9-11 record - including that 3rd string like decision to throw in OT yesterday that finished Denver's chances - different uniform, same old Manning - the very definition of un-clutch

Yet - here you are - claiming you didn't see your heros shining moment yesterday but professing to have seen enough of the Pats game today to offer your wonderfully insightful, unbiased expertise on Tom Brady

How could anyone ever take you seriously?

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Uh oh, maybe Rusty is right about Brady ordering the coaches around - BB in his presser  just said, "Tom is our leader."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Marginal is a subjective word. I won't argue over what you think is marginal QB play. However, saying that Houston was geared to stopping our run game? That's laughable.

When you make ridiculous assertions like that, it makes it hard for any one to take your opinions seriously. After all, no one listens to the mad man who says the sky is green.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree more.  what the H happened to the 4th rkd D?
     Thats funny, when A Qb gets spotted 2 touchdowns he usually wins fairly easy, much like the Denver game. oops, sorry. My mistake.

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Brady was outstanding all game.  They adapted well to life without Gronk and Woody.  The long throws to WW and  Vereen were perfection.  Lloyd cost them 4 with his penalty and WW dropped a pass that had YAC written all over it (possibly all the way).

Final line 344 YDS 3 TDs 0 INT does not do him justice.  If you knew before the game they'd be without Woody and Gronk and you thought TB would still help them put up 41 I think you are kidding yourself.

G.O.A.T.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Thank Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

He was a little off at times, but - Brady did not throw for an INT or fumble the ball. To me, that was huge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I know, it is not 56 - 0..   but, hey, Houston tried!!!

He was fantastic. Nice adjusment early. I hated how they started all finesse and it got Woodhead and Gronk hurt, but they fixed it and they should be credited on offense. Vereen was outstanding, too.Great job by Brady. If you have to eat it, that's ok. Eat it and take the sack.  Great job. Bout time they went to Ridley. I disagree with him not starting.   I hate that finesse Woodhead shotgun spread.   Just awful.   It's almost a blessing Woodhead got hurt because it shows what NE's O does without that crutch.The D was outstanding today again within the gameplan.  They took out Foster and the motion on D flustered Scahub and Co. Love this D. Everyone is just thrilled with this D unless you're a Ballwasher here.Daniels, Foster, Tate, Forsett, Graham. Johnson, Walter, etc, really did nothing. The refs really did a number on the Pats D tonight.  It was disgusting to watch.[/QUOTE]

So a freak fall on Gronk's arm was the shotgun spreads fault?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was fantastic. Nice adjusment early. I hated how they started all finesse and it got Woodhead and Gronk hurt, but they fixed it and they should be credited on offense. Vereen was outstanding, too.

Great job by Brady. If you have to eat it, that's ok. Eat it and take the sack.  Great job. Bout time they went to Ridley. I disagree with him not starting.   I hate that finesse Woodhead shotgun spread.   Just awful.   It's almost a blessing Woodhead got hurt because it shows what NE's O does without that crutch.

The D was outstanding today again within the gameplan.  They took out Foster and the motion on D flustered Scahub and Co. Love this D. Everyone is just thrilled with this D unless you're a Ballwasher here.

Daniels, Foster, Tate, Forsett, Graham. Johnson, Walter, etc, really did nothing. The refs really did a number on the Pats D tonight.  It was disgusting to watch.

[/QUOTE]

Our attempt to spread the field early had nothing to do with Gronk or Woody's injuries. They just happened, and an offensive philosophy had nothing to do with them.

Also disagree that Woody's injury led to a change in offensive philosophy. They basically just plugged Vereen in and he had a huge game. 

The shotgun spread and their ability to isolate Vereen had a lot to do with their offensive success today. 

All that said, good job by Ridley and the offensive line to run the ball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So a freak fall on Gronk's arm was the shotgun spreads fault?

[/QUOTE]

LMAO, mebbe we should have used him as a RB or kicker for the game...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was fantastic. Nice adjusment early. I hated how they started all finesse and it got Woodhead and Gronk hurt, but they fixed it and they should be credited on offense. Vereen was outstanding, too.

Great job by Brady. If you have to eat it, that's ok. Eat it and take the sack.  Great job. Bout time they went to Ridley. I disagree with him not starting.   I hate that finesse Woodhead shotgun spread.   Just awful.   It's almost a blessing Woodhead got hurt because it shows what NE's O does without that crutch.

The D was outstanding today again within the gameplan.  They took out Foster and the motion on D flustered Scahub and Co. Love this D. Everyone is just thrilled with this D unless you're a Ballwasher here.

Daniels, Foster, Tate, Forsett, Graham. Johnson, Walter, etc, really did nothing. The refs really did a number on the Pats D tonight.  It was disgusting to watch.

[/QUOTE]

What I found this performance even better, for the offense overall, is how it played against that Houston D when losing TWO keys players on offense even BEFORE they scored their first TD!  One can imagine if both Woody and Gronk were in the entire game!!  Next up is the Ravens and considering what Manning did to them, in spite of the INTs, Brady is gonna have a field day against an older D than what the Texans presented.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't say Gronk fell on his arm and broke it, I'd say Gronk was a guy running around with an arm that wasn't healed and a stiff wind could of broke it. Too bad for him and us. I'd like to see someone else catch the ball beside Welker (Llyod did well), but if we're going to win this thing Hernandez is going to have to play lights out. Vareen will have to continue to contribute (he has the hands to help).

Sections
Shortcuts