RUSTY MY FAVORITE LED ZEPPELIN SONG IS...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Re: RUSTY MY FAVORITE LED ZEPPELIN SONG IS...

Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man--i will definitely check out Reid!

Good talk Russ, lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to catbuttbuster45's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Tangerine and Bring it on home---not sure what your getting at jints  but there's no tune called "led zeppelin" on the first or any Zep album

He's trying to be cute. Apparently, if you aren't a big Sabbath fan or never bothered to delve into their material, you don't know about music.

Laughable, I know.

Kind of figured he was baiting ya, but then there were always those dudes when you asked if they were into Led Zeppelin they would say " ya he's pretty cool"...you know...dorks 

yeah just funning with Russ but now that's it's turned into a more serious discussion I would have to say my all time Zep album is Physical Graffiti...amazing amount of different styles on there, the whole incredible range of their creativity...definitely a desert island disc

LOL...Sabbath sucks more than Gracie Slick!

lmao

Ever see that infamous early 80s tour (I think) that the Starship version were doing at the time, where she's hammered berating the German audience about Hitler and all that?

Her daughter was cute back in the day.

The Jefferson Airplane was a great band.  Jorma Kaukonen is wildly underrated if you ask me. 

Good player.  Hot Tuna still tours and just blew threw here actually.  Saw him once on a festival tour he was on back in the 90s.

Saw him with a pedal steel guitar player at a small venue in Manhattan back in the early 90s.  Super show.  

Getting back to the Airplane, I love Chauffer Blues sung by the chick who preceded Grace Slick.  Don't remember her name, but great voice on that song.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tangerine and Bring it on home---not sure what your getting at jints  but there's no tune called "led zeppelin" on the first or any Zep album

He's trying to be cute. Apparently, if you aren't a big Sabbath fan or never bothered to delve into their material, you don't know about music.

Laughable, I know.

Kind of figured he was baiting ya, but then there were always those dudes when you asked if they were into Led Zeppelin they would say " ya he's pretty cool"...you know...dorks 

yeah just funning with Russ but now that's it's turned into a more serious discussion I would have to say my all time Zep album is Physical Graffiti...amazing amount of different styles on there, the whole incredible range of their creativity...definitely a desert island disc

lmao

Ever see that infamous early 80s tour (I think) that the Starship version were doing at the time, where she's hammered berating the German audience about Hitler and all that?

The Jefferson Airplane was a great band.  Jorma Kaukonen is wildly underrated if you ask me. 

+1 Surrealistic Pillow is one of my favorite albums

Yeah, that's a great one.  They're a sixties band I still listen to a lot.  They're dated, but in a way that holds up well because it's everything good about sixties psychedelic rock.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Laughable, I know.

lmao

+1 Surrealistic Pillow is one of my favorite albums

Yeah, that's a great one.  They're a sixties band I still listen to a lot.  They're dated, but in a way that holds up well because it's everything good about sixties psychedelic rock.

agree, there was a decent little movie that came out a few years ago called Moonlight Mile (with Dustin Hoffman and Susan Sarandon) great soundtrack featuring Coming Back to Me which I had hadnt heard in years so I revisited the whole album, still sounds good!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Ramble on.  D'yer maker.  battle of evermore.  on and on and on.  how do you even decide?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man--i will definitely check out Reid!

Good talk Russ, lol

No kidding. Wow, interesting.

Reid's best tune, IMO, is this one. Killer tune. Pretty a much perfect tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd63GVczu-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNltuG7qmUM

That's the one that turned my head in that Wonderland movie.

Sounds like a lost CCR tune. Killer chorus.

I also like Dean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ccV6xsFPmY), but to be honest, he wasn't a great songwriter, IMO.  Good guitar player, cool voice, though.

Thanks Russ I'll check those out, I'm always  looking for good  classics I've never heard!

speaking of lost CCR tunes check out Porterville---sorry no link

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It's so overplayed peeps forget what a masterpiece Stairway is. It will be played centuries from now (which kind of boggle the mind). 

That said I'll take Kashmir and No Quarter.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

All of my Love and Fool in the Rain

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Just listened to Faith to Arise--excellent!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

All of my Love and Fool in the Rain

fool in the rain - yeah.  surprised no one mentioned misty mountain hop. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

It's so overplayed peeps forget what a masterpiece Stairway is. It will be played centuries from now (which kind of boggle the mind). 

That said I'll take Kashmir and No Quarter.....

I was at a high school show choir competition last weekend and was completely surprised.  a predominately black school finished their show with Stairway to Heaven.  They started the song with just a girl playing electric guitar and a boy playing cello for some bass.  Obviously, the technique was very simple, but it was entirely pleasing and unexpected to see kids embrace the song and they nailed it both instrumentally and vocally. Awesome performance. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

overplayed to the max.........Stairway/Black Dog/Rock & Roll/Whole Lotta...

top 5...When the Levee Breaks/You Shook Me/Lemon Song/That's the Way/Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

IV

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Achilles Last Stand

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Heartbreaker, followed immediately by Living Loving Maid

But really, there are too many good songs to list here...

"Alimony alimony paying your bills...when your conscience hits you knock it back with pills..."

Also, Immigrant Song...we used to rush onto the field to that one playing football (soccer) in my teens and 20's.  Still get an adrenaline rush from that song today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Did anyone see Heart's trubute to Zeppelin at the Lincoln Center?

Pretty awesome version of Stairway to Heaven.

Watch Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page's reactions.  Even Obama gets into it.

Hope this link is good.

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/12/27/heart-

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Gallow's Pole & The Battle of Evermore

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

It's impossible for me to pick out 1 or 2 favorite tunes. I'd have to say my favorite album is III. They really showed their versatility on that one with all the acoustic stuff. Because they could handle many styles, the fact that they were such a remarkably talented pure blues band is often overlooked.

Side note to Griswold: I can remember in the past you saying that Page was one of the sloppiest guitarists of his era. I disagreed then as I do now. He is one of the greats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

It's impossible for me to pick out 1 or 2 favorite tunes. I'd have to say my favorite album is III. They really showed their versatility on that one with all the acoustic stuff. Because they could handle many styles, the fact that they were such a remarkably talented pure blues band is ofgetsten overlooked.

Side note to Griswold: I can remember in the past you saying that Page was one of the sloppiest guitarists of his era. I disagreed then as I do now. He is one of the greats.

III is underrated gets lost in the shuffle

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

It's impossible for me to pick out 1 or 2 favorite tunes. I'd have to say my favorite album is III. They really showed their versatility on that one with all the acoustic stuff. Because they could handle many styles, the fact that they were such a remarkably talented pure blues band is often overlooked.

Live players, yeah. Absolutely, when compared to the blues greats and other lead players in the all time great discussion.  It doesn't mean his style or sound wasn't great. It just means he was sort of sloppy as a live player.

Agree on III and unable to pick 1 or 2 songs with a band like that.

Fair enough. I never got to see them live so I can't say first hand. Was on my way to The Garden to by tickets in Jan. 1976 when we heard on the radio about a riot breaking out. When we got to Causeway St. it was chaos. Sat and watched for a few minutes but when we saw a couple of people pick up one of those 55 gallon traffic barrels (remember those?) and smash the windshield of a parked police cruiser we were outta there. Wanted no part of that bad scene. After that they never came back to Boston. Who could blame them?

Sections
Shortcuts