Rusty, the Jets have done it!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Rusty, the Jets have done it!!!

Signed someone!!!

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

RT @MMehtaNYDN: Antwan Barnes agrees to 3-year deal with Jets. 900K to sign. $1.2M in Year 2. $1.2M in Year 3. Incentives in Years 2&3

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Rusty, the Jets have done it!!!

JJ, are you in fact Rusty using a different handle?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

JJ, are you in fact Rusty using a different handle?

No, I am not but why are you so facinated with the Jets?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I could care less about the Jets. Just proved a point about "salary cap hell"

Pats fan and season tickets in my family for 3 decades. Love what BB and team do on the field. Have had issue the past few years in the use of the well negotiated cap $$$. Some on this board think it illegal to criticize BB or the team, but I thought last years FA signings were horrible..and not so enamored with this year so far (Vollmer and Edelman would change my mind)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I ask that question in here on a daily basis!?

What is the infatuation with the Jets in the pats Forum??

I sense a Napoleanic Complex perhaps? You know the whole NYC vs. it's little brother beantown.

You would think that you guys would be discussing how the pats screwed Welker and Brady's age.Worry about your aging QB and let Leon worry about the Jets!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

I sense a Napoleanic Complex perhaps? You know the whole NYC vs. it's little brother beantown.

You would think that you guys would be discussing how the pats screwed Welker and Brady's age.Worry about your aging QB and let Leon worry about the Jets!

Says the troll on the Pats forum. 

6-10 last yr, Jets will be lucky to win 6 this yr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Pats fan and season tickets in my family for 3 decades. Love what BB and team do on the field. Have had issue the past few years in the use of the well negotiated cap $$$. Some on this board think it illegal to criticize BB or the team, but I thought last years FA signings were horrible..and not so enamored with this year so far (Vollmer and Edelman would change my mind)

Really, you are lucky to have season tickets.  I have read this forum for a long time just started recently posting.  I have no reason to doubt you. Anyone would like what BB has done, if you remember the old days.  I don't like the Jets as an organization and I guess as a division rival it makes it more intense.  It is Boston NY thing.  All I would say is write what you like.  I would say that to all the posters. I think many here waste their time trying to prove they are the best or they feel threaten if someone doesn't agree.  So in the end, my original post had nothing to do with you, correct?  I was looking at quality of who the Jets were selecting not if they were under the cap $.  Can we keep posting?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Really, you are lucky to have season tickets.  I have read this forum for a long time just started recently posting.  I have no reason to doubt you. Anyone would like what BB has done, if you remember the old days.  I don't like the Jets as an organization and I guess as a division rival it makes it more intense.  It is Boston NY thing.  All I would say is write what you like.  I would say that to all the posters. I think many here waste their time trying to prove they are the best or they feel threaten if someone doesn't agree.  So in the end, my original post had nothing to do with you, correct?  I was looking at quality of who the Jets were selecting not if they were under the cap $.  Can we keep posting?

I hate the Jets as a team as well. However, there was a stretch a few years back they were the last team I wanted to see in the playoffs against the Pats. My job has put me in contact with some of the Jets players, and I do have a great respect for many of them...T Jones was a really good guy. Pennington was really humble and polite. Etc, etc. Just because they wear green, doesnt mean they are all bad guys, and the team is completely void of talent.
    I always root for them to lose, but looks like this year the Phins are the team to root against (can see them winning 8-11 games, with the Pats winning 9-12 games. Could be closer division than we thought)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

I hate the Jets as a team as well. However, there was a stretch a few years back they were the last team I wanted to see in the playoffs against the Pats. My job has put me in contact with some of the Jets players, and I do have a great respect for many of them...T Jones was a really good guy. Pennington was really humble and polite. Etc, etc. Just because they wear green, doesnt mean they are all bad guys, and the team is completely void of talent.
    I always root for them to lose, but looks like this year the Phins are the team to root against (can see them winning 8-11 games, with the Pats winning 9-12 games. Could be closer division than we thought)

Yes, I agree.  Dolphins have done some work.  I really don't think we are finished. We have the draft, UDFAs, and Camp cuts.  This is still a work in progress.  I think they will load up on cheap vets, but will those vets contribute enough?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have a hard time getting excited about 34 year old Safeties.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Bedard thinks that he will have to prove himself in camp.  If he has lost his edge, it will not be that bad of a cap cut.  However, I think he can contribute in certain situations.  We will see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I think you will enjoy this article from almost a year ago. I think it was written by Rusty. :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1113287-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-gm-is-quietly-crushing-free-agency

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Is he better than Chung?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I think you will enjoy this article from almost a year ago. I think it was written by Rusty. :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1113287-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-gm-is-quietly-crushing-free-agency

you see, this article is what many of us are arguing here. this article WAS written by Rusty! BB is a geniuos, he outsmarted the market, what a great GM, blah, blah, blah. But in hindsight, thePats had a horrible FA signing crop last year. Lloyd contributed but was a disappointment, ditto Gregory. Thats it! The Pats had over $20M in cap space and thats what they got out of it??

I am on record, I like the Talib signing and Arrington signing. I hope they sign Vollmer and Edelman. To me that will make a very good FA signing group. The rest of what they have done...Washington, Jones, Wilson maybe Sanders...meh. I think Amendola could be very good. I simply dont think he gets the targets that Wes did (might be a good thing) and dont think he plays 16 games like Wes did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I live in NYC and the problem is NYC often seeks "to crush and dominate" simply out of a misfounded notiton of entitlement. NYC thinking is that "the biggest and loudest is the best". It is not unusual for any other nearby city to resent this. And, this comes up on this forum in terms of wanting to torture the Jets. So, any chance for payback is taken. 

Of course, it is all silly ego-bashing on both sides by people with weak egos and gross insecurity about their place in the world but what else is new about human civilization? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4194339. Show user_4194339's posts

Then stop asking such a dumb question. In-division opponenents, especially those dating back many years like the classless organization that the Jets are are always fun to comment about. I've been a Pats fan since '76, live in the NYC area and always talk about the Jets in the office. Not that I'm infatuated with them, simply they are such an easy target which makes for the best jokes. 

Keep asking the same dumb question...bang your head against the wall. Maybe someday you will get it. Jet jokes are the best, they get the best reactions from even the worst of joke tellers like me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Is he better than Chung?

We dont know, Chung never played

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts