Rusty Trombone Backs Down On Easy Bet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatricosbuttbuster45. Show phatricosbuttbuster45's posts

Re: Rusty Trombone Backs Down On Easy Bet

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

Dick, I guess your still hopping mad about being Rusty Trombone.  You have to admit, it was funny.

Be a good sport. Not everyone can be the butt end of a joke like you.

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

And how about all your other names BUST-CHISE ?

Among them are:

Bustify

Uncle Rico

Manning Rules

Meadowland Mike

Mile High Mike

Bungalo Bill

Wewerrdat

Fletcherbrook

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Again, this is a dumb bet. NAS is putting nothing on the line

In the unlikely event he loses, all that means is for six months there will be one fewer Rusty Basher on the board

Big whoops

There'll still be over a dozen left, most of whom are more skilled at bashing Rusty than NAS is

Solution: Offer to leave your forum (the Bruins forum) for six months, NAS. Then we'll have a real bet going with both parties putting up something that each values

Dont be a chickenheart now. If you really believe that "cap hell" doe not exist, you will accept the bet on these new terms...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh man that's funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Again, this is a dumb bet. NAS is putting nothing on the line

In the unlikely event he loses, all that means is for six months there will be one fewer Rusty Basher on the board

Big whoops

There'll still be over a dozen left, most of whom are more skilled at bashing Rusty than NAS is

Solution: Offer to leave your forum (the Bruins forum) for six months, NAS. Then we'll have a real bet going with both parties putting up something that each values

Dont be a chickenheart now. If you really believe that "cap hell" doe not exist, you will accept the bet on these new terms...

This isn't about hockey.  It's about football.  If I ran around the B's board yammering on and on and on with relentless conviction about Topic A and someone felt Topic A was 100% incorrect and challenged me on it, I'd take this bet.

It's sort of like when Nameless Poster was telling us all about how Ovechkin was done as a scorer because his Corsi rating was so bad.  I was very much against using Corsi ratings to evaluate anything because Corsi ratings remove teammates and give too much credit for things that don't really matter.

I spent a good amount of time debunking Corsi ratings.  At least 100 posts on the subject.

I would have taken a six month hiatus bet that Ovechkin wasn't done.

So, of someone has a big problem with one of my hockey positions and has a reasonable, quantifiable challenge, let's talk.

This one is about football, so it's in the football forum and the consequences around in the football forum.  With the amount of posts we read about the Broncos in Cap Hell, if the bet was one day for me or six months for him, he should take it instantly, because he knows his subject matter so well and is 100% positive he's right.

But he won't.  Because his theory is so dead wrong.

And he's a baby and a coward.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

This isn't about hockey.  It's about football.  If I ran around the B's board yammering on and on and on with relentless conviction about Topic A and someone felt Topic A was 100% incorrect and challenged me on it, I'd take this bet.

It's sort of like when Nameless Poster was telling us all about how Ovechkin was done as a scorer because his Corsi rating was so bad.  I was very much against using Corsi ratings to evaluate anything because Corsi ratings remove teammates and give too much credit for things that don't really matter.

I spent a good amount of time debunking Corsi ratings.  At least 100 posts on the subject.

So, of someone has a big problem with one of my hockey positions and has a reasonable, quantifiable challenge, let's talk.

This one is about football, so it's in the football forum and the consequences around in the football forum.  With the amount of posts we read about the Broncos in Cap Hell, if the bet was one day for me or six months for him, he should take it instantly, because he knows his subject matter so well and is 100% positive he's right.

First of all, youre dictating terms, not negotiating them. That's unreasonable

Second and more importantly, this is his primary forum, not yours

Your primary forum is the Bruins board

I'm just trying to even out the bet here, so that it is fair for both sides

Youre asking him to take on more risk than youre willing to take on yourself. How is that equitable?

Now if you could persuade one of the "BBW Guild" to sign on, then youll have a legit bet

Get Pezz or Hurl or Babe to agree to the wager. That will at least make it more interesting

They each would have just as much at stake and just as much to lose as Rusty does

To me, that makes it a fair bet

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Youre asking him to take on more risk than youre willing to take on yourself. How is that equitable?

Now if you could persuade one of the "BBW Guild" to sign on, then youll have a legit bet

Get Pezz or Hurl or Babe to agree to the wager. That will at least make it more interesting

They each would have just as much at stake and just as much to lose as Rusty does

I have made a mistake on this thread as well as the other similar thread like this.

I should have minded my business.. From here on out I will.

After reading your comments you are saying this poster's primary forum is the Bruins board. A poster can go on any board and talk pats, b's , c's , sox.

Sometimes Deadhead says stuff just to get people going and have a laugh. I don't agree with everything he says but I laugh at the name calling.

Their is no need to get Pezz, Hurl, Babe, involved or dragged into this it has nothing to do with them. I personally hope this bet doesn't go down because I like reading everybody's post threads. IMO NAS threads are more realistic ang logical . While DH is more of risky and over the top. Nothing wrong with it if that is what you like. Plus as Babe always says you don't like it just hit the ignore tab it's easy to use lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The terms:  Tromboner has been talking about the same subject forever, yet I see it as so clearly flawed it's amazing.  I'm just asking him to back up his claims. 

If I wasted people's time with 1,000 posts about Kembrell Tompkins being as good as Jerry Rice and someone offers me a put-up-or-shut-up bet, I couldn't just turn a blind eye.  With that many posts on the same subject, if the bet was Tompkins gets 1,000 yards you leave, he doesn't and I leave...I would be obligated to take the bet based on how often I blasted everyone with the same foolish rhetoric.

It's not like it's a lopsided bet.  With that many posts on the same subject with such conviction, this is an easy bet to take.

The other choice is to be a man and say, "I'm not taking that bet.  It looks like I was wrong about the whole cap hell thing.  I'll stop talking about it."

The stage belongs to you, Rusty Trombone.  Stand up and accept this silly bet or explain why you won't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's his latest garbage on the subject:

WHen I say you have CLEARLY never played sports, I mean CLEARLY you have never played sports.

Continuity and chemistry are arguably the two most important components in sports. Do I really need to go down the list of teams who had "cap space" to make all these aggressive moves, who always fail and fail miserably?

Batlimore got caught because they had guys retire all at once and they had no leverage on Flacco. You ignored this last year, you had no balls to take my bet, Hot Blitz did with class, and lost.  

Roster turnover at high rates means you are in cap hell. It doesn't matter in what way, it just means you're not building your team in the right way.  It doesn't mean you can just cut people you counted on to win some games and then show everyone your cap space, all insecurely.  Rash roster moves just to clear cap space means you screwed up.

THat's what insecure, impatient teams do. I don't care if you're Dallas, Washington, the NY Jets, Lions, Tampa Bay just did, the Buffalo Bills, Miami does this every 3 years, etc.

What do they all have in common? They're LOSERS like you.

It's fascinating to me that people like you and Mt Hurl, two of the dumbest adults I've literally ever witnessed (who think they're smart)

If Denver had a base of players built, fine.  But, they don't. They're old at some key spots and they've had crappy drafts lately.

All the players you listed to be cut don't even count the guys they're going to lose whom they considered to be major contributors to their 2013 team.  Bailey, Chris Harris is an RFA, Woodyard, Moreno, Decker, Shaun Phillips, Rodgers-Cromartie, and whoever else they will lose from their starting roster, are key players.

Plopping down brand new humans in an orange jersey with a flashy name on that jersey doesn't mean anything.  This isn't a video game. These are humans that need to work within a chemistry on the field. In fact, "cap space" means nothing without a base built. That means you're in a cap hell because you forgot to build a base first. Get it? How many times do I have to explain this to you idiots?

Do you lack this level of critical thinking, Mr. MBA? No wonder why you sold daddy's businesss. You have no business acumen whatsoever. It's quite comical to watch you showcase that here again, on your own thread. Priceless.

Can anyone name the good younger players on Denver beyond Thomas and Thomas? Who are their corners moving forward? LBs?  Monte Fumbles is supposed to be a lead back now for 16 games? Bahwhha!

Priceless.

Clearing cap space does not absolve you of cap hell, moron. That's what you don't get.

The Jets have some space, but they have no base built yet. They have holes all over the roster, so the cap space means nothing, especially since no quality player wants to go into that mess.

Cap hell can vary, but it's still cap hell.

All I'm asking is, if someone is going to post with that level of arrogance and certainty, stand behind the words.  If you aren't going to stand behind the words, shut up.

He's nothing more than a taller, louder, fat kid on the playground.  This thread is me popping him in the nose.  His silence is his eyes filling up with water as he runs for the teacher.

4vmxGV

"It's beautiful man!  Beautiful!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

so much for his foolish salary cap hell

His refusal to accept my bet is the death of all "Cap Hell" talk.  If he were so confident in all of his statements about it, he'd have come back with "Let's make it a year".

Instead, he's 100% petrified.

Salary Cap Hell is no more.

You won, there's no debating that fact anymore. Salary Cap Hell is dead, truth is it never existed in the first place. Nice work!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

so much for his foolish salary cap hell

His refusal to accept my bet is the death of all "Cap Hell" talk.  If he were so confident in all of his statements about it, he'd have come back with "Let's make it a year".

Instead, he's 100% petrified.

Salary Cap Hell is no more.

You won, there's no debating that fact anymore. Salary Cap Hell is dead, truth is it never existed in the first place. Nice work!

I notice he hasnt been around much the last few days .Wonder if his mommy didnt pay the internet bill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I have made a mistake on this thread as well as the other similar thread like this.

After reading your comments you are saying this poster's primary forum is the Bruins board. A poster can go on any board and talk pats, b's , c's , sox.

Sometimes Deadhead says stuff just to get people going and have a laugh. I don't agree with everything he says but I laugh at the name calling.

Their is no need to get Pezz, Hurl, Babe, involved or dragged into this it has nothing to do with them. I personally hope this bet doesn't go down because I like reading everybody's post threads. IMO NAS threads are more realistic ang logical . While DH is more of risky and over the top. Nothing wrong with it if that is what you like. Plus as Babe always says you don't like it just hit the ignore tab it's easy to use lol.

Of NAS's near 20K messages, I'm guessing 19K of them were posted on the Bruins board, making it his "primary forum"

Of Rusty's approx 3300 messages (DH account), probably 3200+ were posted here on the Patriots board, making this place his "primary forum"

To have a fair bet, both sides need to put up something of equivalent value. A six month forced exile from each one's primary forum (NAS from the B board/Rusty from this one) represents equal value

But NAS is unwilling to commit to that. He is only willing to risk exile from this board (his secondary playground) for six months

Ergo the bet is out of whack

----

Babe, Hurl, and Pezz are long time Rusty antagonists, each of whom chimed in on this thread already, so I think it's perfectly okay to mention them the way I did. They dont have to join in on the bet if they dont want to of course, but if they did, they would at least be risking the same thing Rusty is risking, making the bet a fair one

Unlike how it is right now with NAS

---

PS I laugh at all the namecalling too. I think it's fun

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The terms:  Tromboner has been talking about the same subject forever, yet I see it as so clearly flawed it's amazing.  I'm just asking him to back up his claims. 

If I wasted people's time with 1,000 posts about Kembrell Tompkins being as good as Jerry Rice and someone offers me a put-up-or-shut-up bet, I couldn't just turn a blind eye.  With that many posts on the same subject, if the bet was Tompkins gets 1,000 yards you leave, he doesn't and I leave...I would be obligated to take the bet based on how often I blasted everyone with the same foolish rhetoric.

It's not like it's a lopsided bet.  With that many posts on the same subject with such conviction, this is an easy bet to take.

The other choice is to be a man and say, "I'm not taking that bet.  It looks like I was wrong about the whole cap hell thing.  I'll stop talking about it."

The stage belongs to you, Rusty Trombone.  Stand up and accept this silly bet or explain why you won't.

NAS, youve stacked the bet so lopsided in your favor, it's kinda hard to take it seriously for reasons Ive already mentioned (please see above)

And this thread, I dont see it as you "popping the bully in the nose". I see it more as another excuse for the BBWs and Rusty Bashers on the board to gather 'round and go on a feedy frenzy. It's like a gift you gave to all of them to help focus their attention and their contempt on the man they love to hate. (Not that they need much help in that regard)

PS If the cap hell theory has no merit, then Rusty will almost surely lose the bet, so why not put exile from your precious B's forum on the line? What do you have to lose? Youre going to win anyway,  right?

It's the fair thing to do, and I know youre a fair guy

So let's get this thing done already. Whattya say?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Of NAS's near 20K messages, I'm guessing 19K of them were posted on the Bruins board, making it his "primary forum"

Of Rusty's approx 3300 messages (DH account), probably 3200+ were posted here on the Patriots board, making this place his "primary forum"

To have a fair bet, both sides need to put up something of equivalent value. A six month forced exile from each one's primary forum (NAS from the B board/Rusty from this one) represents equal value

But NAS is unwilling to commit to that. He is only willing to risk exile from this board (his secondary playground) for six months

Ergo the bet is out of whack

----

Babe, Hurl, and Pezz are long time Rusty antagonists, each of whom chimed in on this thread already, so I think it's perfectly okay to mention them the way I did. They dont have to join in on the bet if they dont want to of course, but if they did, they would at least be risking the same thing Rusty is risking, making the bet a fair one

Unlike how it is right now with NAS

---

PS I laugh at all the namecalling too. I think it's fun

Ok well 6 months wasnt what it started out to be I started the bet with the terms of 2 weeks leave and he still wouldnt accept without the draft/fa . So he doesnt stand by what he been saying months now .so you see how he hasnt been  around much lately cause of this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

Ok well 6 months wasnt what it started out to be I started the bet with the terms of 2 weeks leave and he still wouldnt accept without the draft/fa . So he doesnt stand by what he been saying months now .so you see how he hasnt been  around much lately cause of this?

Is the bet the reason he hasnt been around much the past few days? Or is he absent from the board for some other reason? Only he knows

Btw, he gets trashed for being here 24/7. Then when he's not here, he gets trashed for that too. He cant win lol

And PS Two weeks is reasonable. Six months isnt...even for a sure thing. Should stick with the original terms of the bet IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Is the bet the reason he hasnt been around much the past few days? Or is he absent from the board for some other reason? Only he knows

Btw, he gets trashed for being here 24/7. Then when he's not here, he gets trashed for that too. He cant win lol

And PS Two weeks is reasonable. Six months isnt...even for a sure thing. Should stick with the original terms of the bet IMO

The orginal  bet was denver having a winning rcord so rusty said whats that 9-7 so I ip it to 11-5 record then he kept pushing for more and more if he belives in cap hell then take the bet now before draft/fa thats the point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The orginal  bet was denver having a winning rcord so rusty said whats that 9-7 so I ip it to 11-5 record then he kept pushing for more and more if he belives in cap hell then take the bet now before draft/fa thats the point.

Well, Manning is so damn good in the regular season...good enough even to overcome the cap hell that Elway did or didnt put the Broncos in. So I understand Rusty's reluctance to take the bet

But like I said, two weeks is reasonable. I hope he ultimately accepts. I think that would be a good bet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

NAS, youve stacked the bet so lopsided in your favor, it's kinda hard to take it seriously for reasons Ive already mentioned (please see above)

And this thread, I dont see it as you "popping the bully in the nose". I see it more as another excuse for the BBWs and Rusty Bashers on the board to gather 'round and go on a feedy frenzy. It's like a gift you gave to all of them to help focus their attention and their contempt on the man they love to hate. (Not that they need much help in that regard)

PS If the cap hell theory has no merit, then Rusty will almost surely lose the bet, so why not put exile from your precious B's forum on the line? What do you have to lose? Youre going to win anyway,  right?

It's the fair thing to do, and I know youre a fair guy

So let's get this thing done already. Whattya say?

What's not fair about the bet? If anything it's not fair for nas...are you kidding me? I don't believe in cap hell and I'd take the bet if I was rusty. Nas is giving him 11 wins, that's not easy to achieve, in fact I think nas made it so tempting I'm shocked he hasn't taken the bet already.

And why would I get involved with the bet? I already think the bet is not fair...for nas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What's not fair about the bet? If anything it's not fair for nas...are you kidding me? I don't believe in cap hell and I'd take the bet if I was rusty. Nas is giving him 11 wins, that's not easy to achieve, in fact I think nas made it so tempting I'm shocked he hasn't taken the bet already.

And why would I get involved with the bet? I already think the bet is not fair...for nas.

The bet is okay, but the terms of the bet are not

NAS is asking Rusty to risk everything, while he (NAS) is risking practically nothing. Exile from this forum for six months will impact NAS hardly at all. He's only here to needle Rusty anyway

I'm trying to force NAS to put something more valuable on the line

Btw, if you really dont believe in cap hell like you say, I am shocked you dont want a piece of this thing

PS Rusty only gets 10 wins, not 11. Eleven means he loses

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

NAS is asking Rusty to risk everything, while he (NAS) is risking practically nothing. Exile from this forum for six months will impact NAS hardly at all. He's only here to needle Rusty anyway

Btw, if you really dont believe in cap hell like you say, I am shocked you dont want a piece of this thing

Ok, the six month thing is a lot, but rusty has put a lot into "salary cap hell", it's his whole existence, so the punishment actually fits. Now you and I both know he won't stay away more than a week anyway, so what's the big deal?

As for the actual bet, the thing is I've already tried betting rusty in the past and he wouldn't take my bets. My bets were more structured like his bets are...not as fair as this one right here, so he didn't take them. Then he told me he wouldn't bet with scum like me and said I didn't go to college. That's the problem with rusty - he's a tool bag - so this thread, this bet and people's responses are more than warranted.

Who knows? I might take a piece of this action, I do think the Broncos can win more than ten games next year...I don't think "salary cap hell" exists or will hurt them. They will restructure a few contracts, draft somebody, sign somebody, and most likely win 12 games next season. The only thing I would worry about is Manning's health/desire, etc. That team had almost as many injuries as we did, they should get all those guys back...they should be pretty good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Ok, the six month thing is a lot, but rusty has put a lot into "salary cap hell", it's his whole existence, so the punishment actually fits. Now you and I both know he won't stay away more than a week anyway, so what's the big deal?

As for the actual bet, the thing is I've already tried betting rusty in the past and he wouldn't take my bets. My bets were more structured like his bets are...not as fair as this one right here, so he didn't take them. Then he told me he wouldn't bet with scum like me and said I didn't go to college. That's the problem with rusty - he's a tool bag - so this thread, this bet and people's responses are more than warranted.

Who knows? I might take a piece of this action, I do think the Broncos can win more than ten games next year...I don't think "salary cap hell" exists or will hurt them. They will restructure a few contracts, draft somebody, sign somebody, and most likely win 12 games next season. The only thing I would worry about is Manning's health/desire, etc. That team had almost as many injuries as we did, they should get all those guys back...they should be pretty good.

Yourr right the only thing is he needs to take the bet now not after draft/fa so he can decide if he has the advantage .Thats the problem I have with him,right now no one has advantage anything can happen and he still wont take it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

He is on the record about karp welshing on their bets, so I think if he lost this one, Rusty would honor its terms and leave the board for whatever amount of time was agreed upon. Not six months though. That is insane. It's too much even for me, and I barely post ten messages per month in here. I'm already over quota for February

Now if you signed onto the bet, that would be great because youre a football guy, and this this is your forum...your main area of focus on the board. I dont think you even post on any other forums, do you? So unlike with NAS, there'd be much at stake, and youd have a lot to lose

Hard to imagine a Gomer-lead team not winning 11 games next year, but you never know. Tough schedule. Would be a fun bet

Go for it, hurl!:)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He is on the record about karp welshing on their bets, so I think if he lost this one, Rusty would honor its terms and leave the board for whatever amount of time was agreed upon. Not six months though. That is insane. It's too much even for me, and I barely post ten messages per month in here. I'm already over quota for February

Now if you signed onto the bet, that would be great because youre a football guy, and this this is your forum...your main area of focus on the board. I dont think you even post on any other forums, do you? So unlike with NAS, there'd be much at stake, and youd have a lot to lose

Hard to imagine a Gomer-lead team not winning 11 games next year, but you never know. Tough schedule. Would be a fun bet

Go for it, hurl!:)

Yeah I pretty much stick to football around here, once in a while I'll go over the Bruin's forum, but only around playoff time. I don't get to watch enough Bruin's games to feel like I can talk hockey with people that know what they're talking about.

Sections
Shortcuts