Rusty Trombone Backs Down On Easy Bet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Rusty Trombone Backs Down On Easy Bet

In response to mthurl's comment:

Yeah I pretty much stick to football around here, once in a while I'll go over the Bruin's forum, but only around playoff time. I don't get to watch enough Bruin's games to feel like I can talk hockey with people that know what they're talking about.  

I feel the same way about this board. Just about everyone here knows football better than I do. Some know WAY more than me. So I feel limited to what I can contribute here. Mostly I just read the threads

It's a good board. Lots of savvy posters. And just enough kooks to keep it fun

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

The bet is okay, but the terms of the bet are not

NAS is asking Rusty to risk everything, while he (NAS) is risking practically nothing. Exile from this forum for six months will impact NAS hardly at all. He's only here to needle Rusty anyway

I'm trying to force NAS to put something more valuable on the line

Btw, if you really dont believe in cap hell like you say, I am shocked you dont want a piece of this thing

PS Rusty only gets 10 wins, not 11. Eleven means he loses

I'm here to talk football, to learn interesting things I may have missed, and to be forced to do a ton of research on history and stats.  It's awesome.

Hammering the Rusty Trombone is just an added benefit.

Yes, six months is a long time.  It makes it real.  Two weeks?  That's like betting a dollar.  No.  Bet a Ben Franklin. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm here to talk football, to learn interesting things I may have missed, and to be forced to do a ton of research on history and stats.  It's awesome.

Hammering the Rusty Trombone is just an added benefit.

Yes, six months is a long time.  It makes it real.  Two weeks?  That's like betting a dollar.  No.  Bet a Ben Franklin.

Six months away from the Bruins forum? You sure that you can handle that?

The new AcheNot Compromise though, which you signed onto earlier this evening, might save you from having to put your B's room activities on the line

Either way, good luck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Six months away from the Bruins forum? You sure that you can handle that?

The new AcheNot Compromise though, which you signed onto earlier this evening, might save you from having to put your B's room activities on the line

Either way, good luck

Handle it?  It's an online sports forum.  Ultimately, anything associated with BDC harms me more than helps me considering the amazing time suck it can be! 

Anyway, we're not talking about hockey.  This is a football bet.  If someone needs to give me a hockey bet because they're unhappy with a stance I've taken (see:  Spooner can't score in the NHL), I'll review the bet.

This is a football bet with a football person about football and the consequences are in the football forum.  I'm not sure why you think you need to butt in here.  No one asked you to and no one needs you to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Handle it?  It's an online sports forum.  Ultimately, anything associated with BDC harms me more than helps me considering the amazing time suck it can be! 

Anyway, we're not talking about hockey.  This is a football bet.  If someone needs to give me a hockey bet because they're unhappy with a stance I've taken (see:  Spooner can't score in the NHL), I'll review the bet.

This is a football bet with a football person about football and the consequences are in the football forum.  I'm not sure why you think you need to butt in here.  No one asked you to and no one needs you to.

Sorry, NAS, but you posted the thread, not me. If you wanted people to ignore the obvious flaw in your bet,  you should have said so in the OP. I would have happily honored your request. Too late now though

Absent your request, somebody needed to stand up and speak out for FAIRNESS IN WAGERING. Glad it was me

If your travesty of a bet had gone through and been agreed upon as you originally proposed it, what a terrible precedent for the board that would have set...

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sorry, NAS, but you posted the thread, not me. If you wanted people to ignore the obvious flaw in your bet,  you should have said so in the OP. I would have happily honored your request. Too late now though

Absent your request, somebody needed to stand up and speak out for FAIRNESS IN WAGERING. Glad it was me

If your travesty of a bet had gone through and been agreed upon as you originally proposed it, what a terrible precedent for the board that would have set...

What precedent would that be?  If you're going to run laps around the board for a year, yelling about Subject A like a kid in Pixie Stik Heaven, you might just be forced to put your attendance where your mouth is.

It's a dollars to donuts bet.  With the amount of talking that was done on the subject, and the amount of shouting from the tops of the mountains about how right he was about it, Rusty should have no issue taking this bet.

Or, he can just admit he was off the mark on this one and the bet goes away!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Lastly, I never said a team can't come out of cap hell with a great draft class. It can happen, it's just rare, so I asked for some fairness so I could wait until I see how many FAs leave, which subpar ones come in and how their draft is.

I don't think that is unreasonable.

And there it is.  The end of Cap Hell.

If you are in Cap Hell, you can draft a couple of guys, cut a couple of guys and sign a couple of guys and you're good.

So, Cap Hell can be cured with "NFL off season transactions".

Sadly, there is no cure for the Rusty Trombone.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Don't draft Sam!  He will turn the whole team gay and then the whole NFL gay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Look at Reach Around Rusty sign in as Melvin the Menace to post his junk that nobody reads. Bwahahahahahahaha!

You so Loco!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Look at Reach Around Rusty sign in as Melvin the Menace to post his junk that nobody reads. Bwahahahahahahaha!

You so Loco!

About time for dead head to "appear"...3...2...1...cue

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

You so Loco!

About time for dead head to "appear"...3...2...1...cue

He busy doing reach around at the moment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Did Reach Around Rusty take this bet yet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Hey Melvin the Menace aka Reach Around Rusty, there is a thread on here asking you to stop your junk posts, nobody reads them and everyone has asked you to stop.  Follow orders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I am undefeated with my betting here, which drives tools like him beserk.  Hence why he's trying to be some kind of a hero for his little troll group of about 20-25 people who try to control the board under this quest to protect Brady's internet legacy.

If they walked into a bar anywhere outside of Boston and NE and announced "Brady is the greatest!", they would either be beaten into a pulp or be laughed out of the bar. They're clueless abotu reality, so when I win these bets, they go beserk.

I've even adjusted bet parameters away from my premises to get them to bet, and they still lose.

That's not my problem. I've done my homework and have confidence in my analysis.

NAS is trying to be a hero as is SoxSucksHisBalls. NAS is worse by trying to hone in on his wager offer, too.

SoxSucksHisBalls tried to get in on the Baltimore bet that I bludgeoned RKrap on because he wanted so badly to be the guy take me down in a bet.  So, now he's just dying to be some kind of a board hero for attention, apparently. lol

That's what it's about. They want to be known as some board hero in here, so they pose a bet that favors them heavily, hoping I bite.

Lastly, I never said a team can't come out of cap hell with a great draft class. It can happen, it's just rare, so I asked for some fairness so I could wait until I see how many FAs leave, which subpar ones come in and how their draft is.

Not unreasonable at all. I call that negotiating the terms of the bet

If NAS/Sox are serious about this wager and are not just using it as a way to try and make you look bad, then they should be willing to sit down with you and hammer out all its details. Especially since they are the ones who proposed the bet in the first place, right? They need to be accomodating you, not the other way around. That is how betting works

Sox to me seems to be the more flexible one, while NAS appears more interested in winning points with all the other Rusty Bashers on the board. Not a shocker

By the way, you need to insist that as NAS's part of the bet, he put up a six month exile from the Bruins board, not this board. His offer to leave this board is chickenshit. He keep stonewalling on this point, but dont let him off the hook! He needs to put something up of value equal to what he wants you to put up

Also, insist on 12 games for Denver. Manning can win 11 just rolling out of bed in the morning, cap hell or no cap hell lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What precedent would that be?  If you're going to run laps around the board for a year, yelling about Subject A like a kid in Pixie Stik Heaven, you might just be forced to put your attendance where your mouth is.

It's a dollars to donuts bet.  With the amount of talking that was done on the subject, and the amount of shouting from the tops of the mountains about how right he was about it, Rusty should have no issue taking this bet.

Or, he can just admit he was off the mark on this one and the bet goes away!

The only "dollars to donuts" aspect of the bet, NAS, are its terms. As I have mentioned to you several times already, they are very lopsided in your favor

You leaving this board for 6 months = donuts. Rusty leaving the board = dollars. That's blatantly unfair

Please renegotiate the terms in good faith so that they are equitable for both sides. Thank you

PS The terms as they stand now are in violation of The FAIRNESS IN WAGERING Act. That's the "bad precedent" I spoke of earlier...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:

Not-A-Snot only understand either "HERP" or "DERP"

NAS is being deliberately obtuse with me, Mel. I hate when people do that. It aggravates the hell out of me

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am undefeated with my betting here, which drives tools like him beserk.  Hence why he's trying to be some kind of a hero for his little troll group of about 20-25 people who try to control the board under this quest to protect Brady's internet legacy.

If they walked into a bar anywhere outside of Boston and NE and announced "Brady is the greatest!", they would either be beaten into a pulp or be laughed out of the bar. They're clueless abotu reality, so when I win these bets, they go beserk.

I've even adjusted bet parameters away from my premises to get them to bet, and they still lose.

That's not my problem. I've done my homework and have confidence in my analysis.

NAS is trying to be a hero as is SoxSucksHisBalls. NAS is worse by trying to hone in on his wager offer, too.

SoxSucksHisBalls tried to get in on the Baltimore bet that I bludgeoned RKrap on because he wanted so badly to be the guy take me down in a bet.  So, now he's just dying to be some kind of a board hero for attention, apparently. lol

That's what it's about. They want to be known as some board hero in here, so they pose a bet that favors them heavily, hoping I bite.

Not unreasonable at all. I call that negotiating the terms of the bet

If NAS/Sox are serious about this wager and are not just using it as a way to try and make you look bad, then they should be willing to sit down with you and hammer out all its details. Especially since they are the ones who proposed the bet in the first place, right? They need to be accomodating you, not the other way around. That is how betting works

Sox to me seems to be the more flexible one, while NAS appears more interested in winning points with all the other Rusty Bashers on the board. Not a shocker

By the way, you need to insist that as NAS's part of the bet, he put up a six month exile from the Bruins board, not this board. His offer to leave this board is chickenshit. He keep stonewalling on this point, but dont let him off the hook! He needs to put something up of value equal to what he wants you to put up

Also, insist on 12 games for Denver. Manning can win 11 just rolling out of bed in the morning, cap hell or no cap hell lol

You don't see it.  This is over.  These claims of "cap hell" have now become statements such as "too much cap space is an issue" and "a good draft, cut a couple of guys and sign a couple of guys and they're out of cap hell" have all exposed the Trombone for what he is:  A loudmouth with nothing to say.

If Manning can win 11 by himself, then I guess the team isn't in any hell at all if they have Manning.  Suggesting otherwise is just stupid.

As for you suggesting anything else, why don't you get your tongue back in your mouth and your hand off the slider of the trombone.  You've been on your knees behind him since I started posting here and have posted a ton of garbage about me.  I'm not sure why on either.  I don't much care. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

You don't see it.  This is over.  These claims of "cap hell" have now become statements such as "too much cap space is an issue" and "a good draft, cut a couple of guys and sign a couple of guys and they're out of cap hell" have all exposed the Trombone for what he is:  A loudmouth with nothing to say.

If Manning can win 11 by himself, then I guess the team isn't in any hell at all if they have Manning.  Suggesting otherwise is just stupid.

As for you suggesting anything else, why don't you get your tongue back in your mouth and your hand off the slider of the trombone.  You've been on your knees behind him since I started posting here and have posted a ton of garbage about me.  I'm not sure why on either.  I don't much care. 

In NAS's world, if someone doesnt hate Rusty with the force and power of 10,000 abominations (like NAS does), then that person must be a Rusty Trombone-ist lol

Keep thinking that, NAS. And keep rockin'...

PS I dont know what "garbage" youre talking about, but in this thread the only thing even remotely approaching "garbage" that I said about you is that youre trying to win points with the Rusty Bashers on the board. Other than that, I focused almost exclusively on the bet itself

And for the record, If you were a Babe Basher rather than a Rusty Basher, and you proposed a similarly dumb bet to Babe with similar lopsided terms, I'd have called you out for that too (in the name of FAIRNESS IN WAGERING) like I did in this thread

Believe it or dont believe it, NAS. That's up to you

Sections
Shortcuts