Rusty vs a Jets Troll (formerly...... Vernon Gholston?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jets give up on Gholston?

Super!

And just what do you have to show for that?  Your head coach is not young.

He's a blowhard who has been brought in to call the defense and cross his fingers in big games. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

But WeDer, he's not healthy.  Not in the NFL sense of healthy, he is now a risk.  The past is the past and in the NFL, it is always "what have you done for me lately".  Remember Leon Washington and how the YETS handled that?  Jenkins was a beast.  Past tense.  He hasn't been very beastly for two years, except with his mouth from behind the analysts desk.  Keep him if you want but you know how this goes or you should.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

lol!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

He's from Detroit, let the Lions sign him.
    Or will he end up in the streets a la Jamarcus Russell ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Jets give up on Gholston?:
    [QUOTE] I dont really know what your cap number is but with shelling out 20 to TB and 20 to your nose guard, it cant be all rosy.  I will give you this, your draft picks wont hurt your cap too bad. In Response to Re: Jets give up on Gholston? :
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

You do realize that Sanchez has a cap hit of $17.75M right?

Also, where is this $24M in cap savings coming from that you keep talking about?  Surely not from cutting Gholston, which only saves about $500K against the cap, Jenkins $4.6M, Taylor $2.275M, and Woody $3.24M, for a total of about $10.6M

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The other thing is, Revis is 18 million and with bonuses, they may have to pay him out to 24 million, total.

And then he'll hold out again (per his own words) if not re-upped after 2011.

lol

They also have David Harris getting 10 million in 2011, where his tag will eventually force his way out of town, needing around that numbers as a free agent/or NY pays him something close to that to stay.

Translation:  Worst kind of NFL management you can have

WhoDung exposed. Again. As usual.

WhoDung doesn't get that the increased salaries of some players or overpaid veterans are the reason for these cuts.  He doesn't see the math because he's either 14 years old or never made into a college level math class.

And they aren't even done yet.   If the new CBA comes out and there is some sort of cap structure that is worse than the last CBA deal in terms of rate hikes within the life of the CBA, NY will be in even worse position than the last 2-3 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]I do enjoy this ole rusty.  we just created about 24MM in cap space for next year.  This was our get out of cap jail free card for 2011. And really, what are we missing? Nothing that contributed to our past season.  NADA ZIP ZILCH!!! Make no mistake, what I will enjoy jsut as much is your constant backpeddling and croning day after day about the jets going all in for 2011 just like you did this past year.  Here is a prediction, you defending every shortcoming for your pats this next season with the excuse of rebuilding on the fly.  Turning a blind eye to my DC pretending to be a HC and leading  his team DEEP into the playoffs in his first two years.  Thats right baby!!! We took out the Bengals and Chargers 2 years ago and we took out YOU and the Colts this past year.  That is my current team dummy.  Not a past team that is now announcing game day highlights lol. Not bad for a DC eh ole rusty. My predictions for next year: 1 Rusty will backpeddle so fast he could have been drafted as a CB if he could run as fast as he types. 2 Rusty will proclaim that his team is rebuilding on the fly and that is why they lost to the jets 3 Rusty will take pot shots at the Sanchize even though he will again lead his team to the playoffs(all of this while blaming his success on the rest of the team*see prediction number one--they should not have a team because we went all in for this past 2 year run*) 4 Rusty will have 9000 posts by the time the regular season starts 5 Rusty will call this post laughable and make some comment about this being the highest of high comedy That is all for now.  I am sure there are 20 other things I could predict about rusty, he is so simple.

my prediction:

you will still be a toe sniffin, know nothin about football .... loser troll...

now that you can bet the superbowl on...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

If the Jets dont resign him I hope he does go to the lions.  I dont want to see him...  Maybe it is wishful thinking but I think that he is a beast when he is motivated and healthy.  He will be motivated, can he be healthy, that is the question.  He isnt a CB but he does need his knees anyway.

Rusty, you need to layoff whatever you are selling over there.  maybe your partner that you share your office with slipped you something when I made you so crazy this morning.

Fact, Rex is VERY young for a HC.   FACT, it is also very early in his HC career.  Care to compare apples to apples with our HC?  they both had coaches for dads.  yours was a failed college coach while buddy went on to the NFL.  Buddy also has a SB ring or two.  Steve, well, Steve couldnt get to the NFL could he except as a full back for a year.  How about BBs first 2 years as HC?  Was it with the dooo dooo browns????? 

My coach's future is bright ole rusty, and i can tell that you are threatened.  ohhh how scared you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

from the NY POST

The Jets finally will make official what everyone already knew: Vernon Gholston is a bust.

The team is mercifully parting ways with the disappointing sixth overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. The Jets will release Gholston in an offseason purge that will include the releases of outside linebacker Jason Taylor, right tackle Damien Woody and nose tackle Kris Jenkins.

These four moves will save the Jets between $20 million and $24 million on their salary cap, money they will need with receivers Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards, special teams ace Brad Smith, and cornerback Antonio Cromartie all set to become free agents pending na NFL lockout, which could begin Friday.

One or more of the released players could eventually be signed back, for reduced salaries, although it certainly appears as if  24-year old Gholston (zero career sacks) has worn a Jets uniform for the last time.

Taylor, 36, completed his 14th NFL season (first with the Jets) and likely is headed to retirement.

Woody, 33, started 45 games the past three seasons, but injuries to his knee and Achilles late in the year put him on injured re serve. An NFL source said, "It's being discussed" when asked about a possible return for Woody for a lesser contract whenever a new collective bargaining agreement is signed.

If Woody is out of the picture, the Jets might be inclined to see if they can turn the starting right tackle job over to Vladimir Ducasse, last year's second-round draft pick.

Woody last night on Twitter wrote, "Just informed about my release. I want to thank the Jets and all the fans out there. It was a great ride!" He also did not rule out returning to the Jets.

Jenkins, 31, was the anchor in the middle of the three-man defensive line but he has encountered severe and repeated injury issues. He missed 25 games the past two seasons with a pair of torn ACLs.

Jenkins is undergoing yet another extensive rehab and is on record as saying he does not want to retire.

With Mark Cannizzaro

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/gholston_sacked_by_jets_vEYywFCjW1VrHPn8ts9CkI#ixzz1FMgxO1Cv

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]If the Jets dont resign him I hope he does go to the lions.  I dont want to see him...  Maybe it is wishful thinking but I think that he is a beast when he is motivated and healthy.  He will be motivated, can he be healthy, that is the question.  He isnt a CB but he does need his knees anyway. Rusty, you need to layoff whatever you are selling over there.  maybe your partner that you share your office with slipped you something when I made you so crazy this morning. Fact, Rex is VERY young for a HC.   FACT, it is also very early in his HC career.  Care to compare apples to apples with our HC?  they both had coaches for dads.  yours was a failed college coach while buddy went on to the NFL.  Buddy also has a SB ring or two.  Steve, well, Steve couldnt get to the NFL could he except as a full back for a year.  How about BBs first 2 years as HC?  Was it with the dooo dooo browns?????  My coach's future is bright ole rusty, and i can tell that you are threatened.  ohhh how scared you are.

NY Jets..43 years and counting. A record as pathetic as your phony employees .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

"SB ring or two"

Is that also a "fact"?

lol

I am perfectly calm and not threatened whatsoever.  Within each conference, with teams like Philly, GB, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc, or in the AFC with teams like KC, NE, Pitt, Indy, etc, I am very comfortable watching the NE model work well for me as a fan.

Note who models themselves after NE and who ends up in the playoffs every year. Not a coincidence teams like Atlanta and KC had quick turnarounds or even Ozzie Newsome who learned from BB in Cleveland, does a nice job in Balt.

I know it works to the tune of the 3 SBs in 4 years and now another try at making legit runs in the future.

You build a strong foundation first and then you fill in the gaps.

The Jets think they can do the opposite, following the Skins and Raiders.  lol

You got slapped in the mouth again, WhoBung. Now, we'll all await Phatty Rex's appearance if he has the stones to show himself here.

Funny how when the reality sets in, he scurries off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

NE has won more SBs than any team in the cap era. FACT

Translation: Their formula not only works, but it's the quintessential example of the ideal way to build continuous winning teams.

No one said the Pats were the Steelers, pre cap era.  The Steelers were pi-ss poor prior to 1972, which was 40 years, just like NE.

What is your point here?  Essentially every dynastic franchise was bad for stretches before becoming great.

"Gratz"?  So, you're 17 then? lol

You can always tell how old someone is with these teenie-bopper techniques. Even I adopted one with this "lol" stuff, but now it's "gratz"?

Really? "Gratz"?

Seek help.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]from the NY POST The Jets finally will make official what everyone already knew: Vernon Gholston is a bust. The team is mercifully parting ways with the disappointing sixth overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. The Jets will release Gholston in an offseason purge that will include the releases of outside linebacker Jason Taylor, right tackle Damien Woody and nose tackle Kris Jenkins. These four moves will save the Jets between $20 million and $24 million on their salary cap, money they will need with receivers Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards, special teams ace Brad Smith, and cornerback Antonio Cromartie all set to become free agents pending na NFL lockout, which could begin Friday. One or more of the released players could eventually be signed back, for reduced salaries, although it certainly appears as if  24-year old Gholston (zero career sacks) has worn a Jets uniform for the last time. Taylor, 36, completed his 14th NFL season (first with the Jets) and likely is headed to retirement. Woody, 33, started 45 games the past three seasons, but injuries to his knee and Achilles late in the year put him on injured re serve. An NFL source said, "It's being discussed" when asked about a possible return for Woody for a lesser contract whenever a new collective bargaining agreement is signed. If Woody is out of the picture, the Jets might be inclined to see if they can turn the starting right tackle job over to Vladimir Ducasse, last year's second-round draft pick. Woody last night on Twitter wrote, "Just informed about my release. I want to thank the Jets and all the fans out there. It was a great ride!" He also did not rule out returning to the Jets. Jenkins, 31, was the anchor in the middle of the three-man defensive line but he has encountered severe and repeated injury issues. He missed 25 games the past two seasons with a pair of torn ACLs. Jenkins is undergoing yet another extensive rehab and is on record as saying he does not want to retire. With Mark Cannizzaro Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/gholston_sacked_by_jets_vEYywFCjW1VrHPn8ts9CkI#ixzz1FMgxO1Cv

I can't really blame you for not verifying what the Post said, but they used salary numbers for the players, and claimed that was the cap savings.  In doing so, they disregarded the effects of pro-rated bonuses on the cap.  The actual cap savings is only ~$10.6M as I stated previously, although your claims certainly make a lot more sense now (at least regarding cap savings).

Edit:  Thought I was actually illustrait my point.

Salaries for 2011:
    Gholston - ~$6.25M
    Woody - ~$4.25M
    Jenkins - $6.4M
    Taylor - $2.275M

Total - $19.175M

I also question if they factored the restructuring of Gholstons contract from last Spring which converted parts of future salaries into an additional bonus for the 2010 season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Great retort, kid.  Really great.

We all know you are educated and can talk with the adults about economics and football.

lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Great retort, kid.  Really great. We all know you are educated and can talk with the adults about economics and football. lol
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Next he's going to threaten to hold his breath until we all agree that his Jets are the greatest team in football that hasn't been to a Super Bowl since the Beatles were together. I also found a picture of his 'employees' taken at the last company picnic. Notice they're all dresses in jets green

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not entirely convinced his head wouldn't explode without infinitely trying to hold his breath.  Just mention the fact the Jets have accomplished nothing and likley never will with their approach, and he loses it.

Talk about a homer, too.  The Jets are the bestest!  Didn't you hear?

He and his buddies here are the classic example of a homer.  Hilarious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I am not entirely convinced his head wouldn't explode without infinitely trying to hold his breath.  Just mention the fact the Jets have accomplished nothing and likley never will with their approach, and he loses it. Talk about a homer, too.  The Jets are the bestest!  Didn't you hear? He and his buddies here are the classic example of a homer.  Hilarious.

Don't push him too hard. As you can see his minions are well armed. He may get so angry that he mounts an invasion of Foxboro and destroys the stadium and training facilities. After all if he's going to be delusional it might as well be a good one. This may even rival his dream to marry Sanchez.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Here is what my reaction would be as a Jets fan after 2010, heading into 2011:

"We had a golden opportunity after getting by NE and we blew it."

Honestly, if I was a Jets fan, that is how I would look at it, that is if you are honest about it.

These trolls can't say that because if they do, it throws their homer-scale off kilter.

NE is trending up, NY down.

There is no debating this even though WhoDrip and Phatty will try to do so.

NE is basically two dynamic players on D away, and some luck with health, in making a legit run to the SB next year.

Leigh Bodden is arguably one dynamic defender.  Draft one or two more as rookies and complement what NE has right now and look out.  Strengthen the lines, fill in complementary pieces on offense.

Ellis will be cut next in NY.  NY has a whole slew of transitional decisions to make.

They are keeping Tomlinson which is even more comical.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Here is what my reaction would be as a Jets fan after 2010, heading into 2011: "We had a golden opportunity after getting by NE and we blew it." Honestly, if I was a Jets fan, that is how I would look at it, that is if you are honest about it. These trolls can't say that because if they do, it throws their homer-scale off kilter. NE is trending up, NY down. There is no debating this even though WhoDrip and Phatty will try to do so. NE is basically two dynamic players on D away, and some luck with health, in making a legit run to the SB next year. Leigh Bodden is arguably one dynamic defender.  Draft one or two more as rookies and complement what NE has right now and look out.  Strengthen the lines, fill in complementary pieces on offense. Ellis will be cut next in NY.  NY has a whole slew of transitional decisions to make. They are keeping Tomlinson which is even more comical.  

I didn't know they were keeping LT. Should we counter by bringing back Sam Cunningham?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

they banned your avatar,  ha ha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

nice of you to bring out your toys princess.  I am just thankful that rusty did not post pics of his doll...

Rusty, enjoy your reality.  Pats are up, Jets are down.  Cant wait to see it again this year.

Your reality is so twisted.  I swear that you go on and on about how the jets judge thier success on beating the pats and what do you say in your post above?

"Here is what my reaction would be as a Jets fan after 2010, heading into 2011:

"We had a golden opportunity after getting by NE and we blew it."

Honestly, if I was a Jets fan, that is how I would look at it, that is if you are honest about it."

Geez, you are one twisted dood....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am "twisted" because I have a very good handle on the NFL landscape, my team and yours?

Seek a dictionary, son.

Weak rebuttal. 

The chances of the Jets getting to 3 straight AFC Title games are less than you getting laid any time soon.

So, you at least have that going for you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

yeah, you are twisted. you ignore every point i have made in this thread and go off on far reaching tangents like me getting laid or reading a dictionary.  what does that have to do with you "backpedaling" on how you think jets fans should act.  maybe that was your "other" personality that wants jets fans not to be happy about beating the pats or see it as an accomplishment.  taaaahwisted...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

also, i have had my share and yours of women.  keep talking about stuff you know nothing about.  you always have lol.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

lol

We'll let your words settle on this thread, with you being bitchslapped off of it yet again.

You're out of your league posting here as a homer Jets fan.

Sections
Shortcuts