Rusty? We had a bet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rusty? We had a bet

arent you supposed to disappear?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Rusty? We had a bet

Lol the Jets have nowhere near 30 million in space.  According to some numbers they never even had 20.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The bet was between $20-$30 million. The bet was NOT what type of roster the Jets would have. It was simply me stating that the Jets could go from $31m over to $20-$30 million under.

Jets cap-$126,400,000

Jets top 51 as of Wednesday-$103,300,000 (includes Garrard)

Differential=$23M

Source-ESPN stats and information division

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

The bet was between $20-$30 million. The bet was NOT what type of roster the Jets would have. It was simply me stating that the Jets could go from $31m over to $20-$30 million under.

Jets cap-$126,400,000

Differential=$23M

No actually you said 30mil. Then Rusty took the bet. Then you went oh well wait a minute I mean 20-30 or something. Rusty said he would meet you half way at 25.

It was also expected to be the case at the start of FA.

...but hey you got sort of close. 23mil a handful of days "after" the start of FA.

Too bad it wasn't horseshoes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think much like what just happened in Denver you lost when you missed the deadline......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Here is the original thread you posted rkarp entitled To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

Now we can't see all of his posts anymore because that handle was banned, but here is the last thing I see him posting (from a quote on page 4) before the thread was derailed by the Jets troll

So, your premise is that  by the beginning of March, the Jets will be 30 million under the cap?

What are we wagering on this time?  How about this:

You come on here and admit you're a legendary moron with a small brain, no college degree of any kind, a pathlogical liar and are in dire need of a critical thinking class at Bunker Hill Community College.

How about that?

How about when you lose the bet, you come on here and type that exact sentence as a little board confessional for us here?

That's what I want. I want to make sure that when I bludgeon you on another Jets based topic, that everyone sees it.

Now you have tried to make it 20-30 million, but given this post and the title of your thread that seems pretty lame.  In addition there are some numbers that don't even have the Jets at 20 and we are already well into FA.  I don't think you won anything dude.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Jets 2013 Salary Situation: Breaking Down New York's Current Cap Status By Erik Frenz (AFC East Lead Writer) on March 12, 2013  

Hi-res-7066588_crop_exact   Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports

After years of pushing their salary cap problems forward, the New York Jets are paying the piper by the fistful in 2013. 

A pair of last-minute moves (per ESPN's Rich Cimini)—releasing defensive tackle Sione Po'uha and restructuring the contract of wide receiver Santonio Holmes—have helped free up some much-needed cap space for the Jets.

Even with that and all the previous cuts from earlier this offseason—Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Jason Smith and Eric Smith—they still don't have a lot of money to make moves. That being said, they could still find some good value on the open market.

There's already a hot spot for all the news, rumors, analysis and grades for every move the Jets make, but what about the contracts themselves?

Estimated* Cap Space: $13,588,570 [March 15, 10:52 a.m. ET]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Here is the original thread you posted rkarp entitled To Rusty, definitive analysis of how the Jets get $30 million UNDER cap this year cutting very few and renegotiating some

Now we can't see all of his posts anymore because that handle was banned, but here is the last thing I see him posting (from a quote on page 4) before the thread was derailed by the Jets troll

So, your premise is that  by the beginning of March, the Jets will be 30 million under the cap?

What are we wagering on this time?  How about this:

You come on here and admit you're a legendary moron with a small brain, no college degree of any kind, a pathlogical liar and are in dire need of a critical thinking class at Bunker Hill Community College.

How about that?

How about when you lose the bet, you come on here and type that exact sentence as a little board confessional for us here?

That's what I want. I want to make sure that when I bludgeon you on another Jets based topic, that everyone sees it.

Now you have tried to make it 20-30 million, but given this post and the title of your thread that seems pretty lame.  In addition there are some numbers that don't even have the Jets at 20 and we are already well into FA.  I don't think you won anything dude.

ESPN had them at under $20m when Cromartie restructured on MArch 12th, but that was after the 4:00pm theoretical deadline. It was announced at 10:00 pm..

I was also led to believe by some one else at ESPN that is pretty close to the Jets that Tebow was going to be cut by the deadline, and Mangold was a restructure by the deadline, putting it over $25m...obviously those didnt happen..

I actually dont even care, I was simply looking for rusty to disappear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Sounds like Karp just crashed and burned in his JET

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Interestingly, Rusty is showing wisdom in not biting and being here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Interestingly, Rusty is showing wisdom in not biting and being here.

I've got large bills against your large bills your wrong. Lol. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Jets cap-$126,400,000

Differential=$23M

yep sounds right to me! more than close enough!

Goodbye Queenie!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Interestingly, Rusty is showing wisdom in not biting and being here."

True - nice to see Rusty try some Judo instead of the usual Monster Truck Blowout

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Lol, not even close! why even bring it up? Rusty wins this one easily.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

RKrap,

Please explain how you won your bet over me on this topic.  As you can see above, the witnesses who saw out bet parameters, side with me, not you.

In the current Pittsburgh based thread, you have denied you lost YET AGAIN, and you still have no officially capitulated within the bet parameters.

The draft is next week and this whole time you should have been off this board.

You're a sneak a pathological liar with absolutely no character or class.

technically, I did lose the bet. what was it. 8 weeks prior to free agency I said the Jets COULD get to $30 million under the cap, and spelled out clearly how they could do it. when we decided to bet, I figured that maybe the Jets would not do every restructure or cut I mentioned (Tebow and Mangtold) once free agency started, so I did say $20-$30 million under the cap.

WHen free agency started at 4:00 pm, the Jets were not $20M under the cao, however I believe it was that very night that the Jets extended Cromartie to put them $23M under the cap per ESPN Stats and Info division. It was a fluid number with the signing of Garrad and some other moves, but there was a window that they were $22-23M under the cap...

So technically, you are correct, they were not under the cap at 4:00pm, but they were at 10:00pm. for the sake of 6 hours given I said it 8 weeks (approx) prior I declared myself the winner that the Jets could indeed get to $20M under the cap, and more if they wanted to with further restuctures...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

FIrst of all, on March 11th at 12:00 AM, they were not 20 million under at all.    They were still over and behind in getting people to restructure on time or be in the same ballpark as the well managed teams who had lots of cap space ALREADY. The point is to be well managed, so you have your ducks in a row when FA opens on 3.12.

Your premise was based off how NY could easily clip 45 million dollars to get to 30 million under, because the Pats were about 26 million at the time. You then adjusted it to "between 20-30 million" to cover your butt. This was AFTER I took your bet. Your premise in the thread title itself was "30 million under". And, you chose that number specifically because it was more than you thought NE could get under. I know your game. I am clearly far more intelligent and can call out your agenda within milliseconds, which is why I challenged you the bet.

It's no differrent when I challenged you on the Thanksgiving Night bet when your favorite QB, Sanchez, tried to commit suicide in Brandon Moore's rectum.  I forced you to bet the spread, straight, because it's you praising the Jets so continually here.   Then, you tried to sneak in a supplementary part of the bet where Sanchez would throw for at "least 300 yards".  I knew I could not control that part of it, and what's funny is, he was nowhere near 300 yards until garbage time, where he ended up throwing for 301 yards. I take special pleasure in rejecting your sneakiness in trying to find a way around our bet there, where it was 1 yard in a passing league and Sanchez got about 75 yards in garbage time. Yes. Yes I do. lol

But, back to the 2nd bet.....You were trying to sneakily showcase just how simple it would be, from year to year, to easily clip salaries and not have it effect how a team can maneuver in FA. My bet with you on this just proved how wrong you are. Mt Puuke, too.   "It's so easy to just cut players and the go out and spend on others!"

Sure. Sure, RKrap and Mt Puuke.

Meanwhile, you're arrogantly on here DAILY babbling about "dead money" over and and over as BB puts on a FA clinic. Again.

Further, the NY Jets have resigned Calvin Pace to the vet minimum, signed some 3rd string RB named Mike Goodson, OL Willie Colon (who has sucked in Pitt the last 3 years), a NT on one leg trying to resurrect his career (Garay) and a crappy Safety named Dawan Landry, who the Jags didn't even want back.

No one wants Calvin Pace. He didn't play up to his contract in NY, which is so symobolic with what Tanenboob did as he destroyed the NY Jets so brilliantly. LOL

Everyone here, minus your dopey anti-BB allies, can see how fraudulent you look.

Also, if you are now trying to somewhat slither through this by saying "technically" you won, why in the other thread, just 15 hours ago, did you say "PS, I won our bet"...?  There is no "technically". YOU LOST.

You lost the bet...COLD.  Lost it. Outright.

They were restructuring people at the outset of FA, not in position to lure FAs, so they had to find players no one wants just to get a veteran body or two on the roster.  That's not in any way competing with the Pats.

BB has future HOFers like Adrian Wilson racing into Foxborough to sign team friendly deals to play here.

You lost the bet technically and literally.

Good day.

I said they COULD get to $30 under, which had zero to do with the PAts. I clearly laid it out how they could do it.

I bet that they would be $20-$30M under not sure how they would play the Tebiow situation and if Mangold was going to be restructured

It is clear as day that they were 22-23M under at 10:00 pm when they did the Cromartie restructure

The bet was never what the Jets roster would be after the resturcture, only that they could get under the cap significantly and sign free agents.

Further more, since I won the bet, now I could care less about the Jets. It is you that daily mentions the Jets, not I.

Good day to you as well, but I won the bet