Rutgers defence:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Rutgers defence:

What is it about Rutgers defence that BB see's ? Bringing in three of their defensive backs and a linebacker....Seems like there is something in their defensive scheem that he would like to incorporate into his own.

??? 4-3 zone with some aggresive blitz schemes.... Seems to like speed undersized DE's so wonder if we won't see QB blitzing more often??? Could fit the change taking place on the DL...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Rutgers defence:

The other kid from Rutgers Brandon Jones is a very good DB, I believe he had 29 solo tackles, 5 int's, and 9 passes defended last season. He also was a special teams maven and if I remember all the stuff I read on him he also was a good enough player that he could easily transition into a WR if asked to. He didn't run a very fast 40 and that is what knocked him down on most boards he only ran a 4.57 or something along those lines.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to part-timer's comment:

What is it about Rutgers defence that BB see's ? Bringing in three of their defensive backs and a linebacker....Seems like there is something in their defensive scheem that he would like to incorporate into his own.

??? 4-3 zone with some aggresive blitz schemes.... Seems to like speed undersized DE's so wonder if we won't see QB blitzing more often??? Could fit the change taking place on the DL...

Here's a great article on the subject, p-timer: http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/05/bill-belichicks-affinity-for-greg-schiano-rutgers-should-be-questioned.html

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Here's a great article on the subject, p-timer: http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/05/bill-belichicks-affinity-for-greg-schiano-rutgers-should-be-questioned.html

Sorry, I have to call baloney on this one. This little website these Millenial dorks have set up where they sit there with 98.5 and Felger and Mazz tuned in daily, is no different than that Millenial Erika Leigh sitting at her parents house not even bothering to look for a real job after going to college.  She's the one who was Tweeting as if she had media connections or real connections on the eve of Free Agency. lmao

Mike Loyko is a 20 something kid who lives in a basement in Mashpee for crying out loud.

I guarantee if you search Linked In for these other "contributors", they also live in Mashpee or whatever and are a 25 year old unemployed kid whose analysis is not superior to mine or many of the quality posters here or elsewhere.

So, that's for starters.  Behind that article is this silly premise that BB is senile, power hungry, wanting it to be about him, etc. That's what the premise is and I aint' buying it because it doesn't need to be that over-thought whatsoever. If you buy into Felgie and Mazz's garbage, then yeah, you probably "like" that garbage article.

If you want real anaylsis, look for any educated fan's analysis here on the thread that goes into detail about maturity, good kids, intense film study, time management, locker room presence and continuity with many different schemes.  BecauseTHAT is the real truth and logic behind BB believing in NFL ready kids who can be coached up here to go to the next level. 

It's not hard to figure out. Mel Kiper, Texas Dork or Dan Hope from his smelly basement in Mashpee simply don't have a better handle on scouting or understanding what the team needs are from a prospect perspective than BB. Period. Deal with it, dorks.

The second parapragh from that kid givs it away, too.  The flavor of the day are NFC West teams like Seattle and SF, each incredibly into self promotion and immaturity and just wait until they get an injury or two and have a big, fat target on their backs. Then, we;ll see how they handle things.

BB ain't falling behind anyone. Richard Sherman will be looking for Revis money in one year and 1st rd pick Bruce Irvin just got nailed for some kind of a PED, missing key 4 games to start the season.

Colin Kaepernick looked like a deer in the headlights in the SB when it came time to throw the football. Film is out, folks. Film is out.

You lose all credibility with your first couple paragraphs. Cant take it that theres young people actually doing good huh? You always so bitter? You must follow these people around and know they live with their parents and in their basements. No wonder people dont like you.

pay no attention to Queenie-his whole generation of gen-x 30-somethings were just a bunch of drama queen whiners with no real problems thinking they were entitled to all sorts of opinions they hadn't earned

on the plus side they gave us slackers, ecstasy and saying "dude" every 3 words

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

If you want real anaylsis, look for any educated fan's analysis here on the thread that goes into detail about maturity, good kids, intense film study, time management, locker room presence and continuity with many different schemes.  BecauseTHAT is the real truth and logic behind BB believing in NFL ready kids who can be coached up here to go to the next level... It's not hard to figure out. Mel Kiper, Texas Dork or Dan Hope from his smelly basement in Mashpee simply don't have a better handle on scouting or understanding what the team needs are from a prospect perspective than BB. Period. Deal with it, dorks.

RESPONSE: And we all known just how right BB has been...RB Laurence Maroney (21st overall pick, 2006), WR Chad Jackson (36th overall pick, 2006), TE David Thomas (86th overall pick, 2006), FS Brandon Meriweather (24th overall pick, 2007), CB Terrence Wheatley (62nd overall pick, 2008), LB Shawn Crable 78th overall pick, 2008), QB Kevin O'Connell (94th overall pick, 2008), SS Patrick Chung (34th overall pick, 2009), DT Ron Brace (40th overall pick, 2009), CB Darius Butler (41st overall pick, 2009), WR Brandon Tate (83rd overall pick, 2009), LB Tyrone McKenzie (97th overall pick, 2009), LB Jermaine Cunningham (53rd overall pick, 2010), WR Taylor Price (90th overall pick, 2010), CB Ras-I Dowling (33rd overall pick, 2011), SS Tavon Wilson (48th overall pick, 2012), DE Jake Bequette (90th overall pick, 2012).  

That's 17 squandered top 100 picks, since 2006. Want to know why the Patriots haven't won a SB since the 2004 season? see above. You don't have to be a senior citizen to understand this.

The second parapragh from that kid givs it away, too.  The flavor of the day are NFC West teams like Seattle and SF, each incredibly into self promotion and immaturity and just wait until they get an injury or two and have a big, fat target on their backs. Then, we;ll see how they handle things. BB ain't falling behind anyone. Richard Sherman will be looking for Revis money in one year and 1st rd pick Bruce Irvin just got nailed for some kind of a PED, missing key 4 games to start the season. Colin Kaepernick looked like a deer in the headlights in the SB when it came time to throw the football. Film is out, folks. Film is out.

RESPONSE: Yeah Rusty...the Seahawks and 49ers suck...as do Sherman and, especially, Kaepernick...who was one Peyton Manning PI call away from winning the SB...LOL!!!

Calling it like it is, if that makes people not like me on a messageboard, I don't give two squirts. I've got plenty of friends and family who also see the problems with the Millenial Generation, it doesn't mean you fall into it when discussing the generalities of it.

RESPONSE: You're such a condescending, arrogant clown. Some of the 20 year olds  that you trash are the same 20 year olds in the military...in many cases using high tech weaponry to defend the likes of you...and our citizenry.

I just think it's funny we have an entitled and spoiled little bandwagon dork like Texas Troll who grew up a Cowboys fan and now bandwagons over here in 2001, mocking and criticizing BB's drafts left and right as if he is a superior analyst of NCAA prospect. Or, some kid in a basement who may or may not even have a college degree, come off somehow knowing more than BB.

RESPONSE: And the great majority of posters here seem to find you to be an arrogant boor.

Just look at the sentences and word choices this Dan Hope character uses. It's dowright embarassing that someone like that is a Pats fan. Even if he isn't a fan and jusy a writer, it's still slanted as anti-BB in tone: "it absolutely should be questioned"

RESPONSE: sounds like the same type of dogmatic sentences that you regularly use here, Russ.

Sitting behind a computer Tweeting and writing blogs is something anyone can do.

RESPONSE: Yes, we see, You're a prime example of this.

Here is who Texas Troll is relying on for a "good article" and analysis: http://bleacherreport.com/users/621151-dan-hope. This kid is 20 years old.   20! What on earth does he know about football scouting, BB's teambuilding, economics, etc??!

RESPONSE: One doesn't have to be 65 years old and a rocket scientist to see that BB popped his shoulder reaching for Duron Harmon with the 91st overall selection...dissing his own scouting department in so doing.

Seriously. There is no way on earth a 20 year old kid can grasp the stuff that BB looks at year in and year out because he thinks he can regurgiate a bunch of rhetoric he hears from the media towards BB, whether it be via Kiper, 98.5, ESPN or whatever.

RESPONSE: I guess that goes for BB's scouts too...right Russ??

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Please post all of BB's quality trades, FA acquisitions and draft picks along with his development of UDFAs or other teams' trash so we can see the full picture, Texas Pat.

RESPONSE: Don't try to change the subject, son. We're talking about BB's drafts, just as that kid was talking about in his article. What's wrong, Rusty? You don't feel comfortable about defending BB's drafts, since 2006?

Hey, you know what, maybe you are Millenial yourself. I just realized that. Maybe that's why are so insecure and a moron troll all at once?

RESPONSE: I see that your meds haven't kicked in, yet.

NEWSFLASH: When BB gets Randy Freaking Moss and Wes Welker in here with Seau and Adalius Thomas in 2007, don't tell me BB's draft yield supposed failures are why we haven't won a SB.

RESPONSE: How long has BB been trying to fix his secondary? Hmmm???

And don't tell me his great FA moves in 2011, good draft in 2011, GREAT draft in 2010 is why Brady and Welkier sucked it up in the 4th qtr, little Texas Troll dork.

RESPONSE: What impact did that draft have on the 2011 SB? What terrific free agent moves are you referring to? Signing Ochocinco and Haynesworth? The defense couldn't stop the Giants in the 4th quarter...right? BB failed to make the necessary adjustments in the second half to turn the game around. In 2011...the poor drafting really showed.    

Stick to fantasy football, video games and whatever else you think you're good at and please stay down in GOD AWFUL Texas with those strip malls, awful heat with a stiff breeze, non stop.

RESPONSE: How many SBs have the Pats won since 2004?? Want to skip over that question too...Russ? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

If you want real anaylsis, look for any educated fan's analysis here on the thread that goes into detail about maturity, good kids, intense film study, time management, locker room presence and continuity with many different schemes.  BecauseTHAT is the real truth and logic behind BB believing in NFL ready kids who can be coached up here to go to the next level... It's not hard to figure out. Mel Kiper, Texas Dork or Dan Hope from his smelly basement in Mashpee simply don't have a better handle on scouting or understanding what the team needs are from a prospect perspective than BB. Period. Deal with it, dorks.

RESPONSE: And we all known just how right BB has been...RB Laurence Maroney (21st overall pick, 2006), WR Chad Jackson (36th overall pick, 2006), TE David Thomas (86th overall pick, 2006), FS Brandon Meriweather (24th overall pick, 2007), CB Terrence Wheatley (62nd overall pick, 2008), LB Shawn Crable 78th overall pick, 2008), QB Kevin O'Connell (94th overall pick, 2008), SS Patrick Chung (34th overall pick, 2009), DT Ron Brace (40th overall pick, 2009), CB Darius Butler (41st overall pick, 2009), WR Brandon Tate (83rd overall pick, 2009), LB Tyrone McKenzie (97th overall pick, 2009), LB Jermaine Cunningham (53rd overall pick, 2010), WR Taylor Price (90th overall pick, 2010), CB Ras-I Dowling (33rd overall pick, 2011), SS Tavon Wilson (48th overall pick, 2012), DE Jake Bequette (90th overall pick, 2012).  

That's 17 squandered top 100 picks, since 2006. Want to know why the Patriots haven't won a SB since the 2004 season? see above. You don't have to be a senior citizen to understand this.

The second parapragh from that kid givs it away, too.  The flavor of the day are NFC West teams like Seattle and SF, each incredibly into self promotion and immaturity and just wait until they get an injury or two and have a big, fat target on their backs. Then, we;ll see how they handle things. BB ain't falling behind anyone. Richard Sherman will be looking for Revis money in one year and 1st rd pick Bruce Irvin just got nailed for some kind of a PED, missing key 4 games to start the season. Colin Kaepernick looked like a deer in the headlights in the SB when it came time to throw the football. Film is out, folks. Film is out.

RESPONSE: Yeah Rusty...the Seahawks and 49ers suck...as do Sherman and, especially, Kaepernick...who was one Peyton Manning PI call away from winning the SB...LOL!!!

Calling it like it is, if that makes people not like me on a messageboard, I don't give two squirts. I've got plenty of friends and family who also see the problems with the Millenial Generation, it doesn't mean you fall into it when discussing the generalities of it.

RESPONSE: You're such a condescending, arrogant clown. Some of the 20 year olds  that you trash are the same 20 year olds in the military...in many cases using high tech weaponry to defend the likes of you...and our citizenry.

I just think it's funny we have an entitled and spoiled little bandwagon dork like Texas Troll who grew up a Cowboys fan and now bandwagons over here in 2001, mocking and criticizing BB's drafts left and right as if he is a superior analyst of NCAA prospect. Or, some kid in a basement who may or may not even have a college degree, come off somehow knowing more than BB.

RESPONSE: And the great majority of posters here seem to find you to be an arrogant boor.

Just look at the sentences and word choices this Dan Hope character uses. It's dowright embarassing that someone like that is a Pats fan. Even if he isn't a fan and jusy a writer, it's still slanted as anti-BB in tone: "it absolutely should be questioned"

RESPONSE: sounds like the same type of dogmatic sentences that you regularly use here, Russ.

Sitting behind a computer Tweeting and writing blogs is something anyone can do.

RESPONSE: Yes, we see, You're a prime example of this.

Here is who Texas Troll is relying on for a "good article" and analysis: http://bleacherreport.com/users/621151-dan-hope. This kid is 20 years old.   20! What on earth does he know about football scouting, BB's teambuilding, economics, etc??!

RESPONSE: One doesn't have to be 65 years old and a rocket scientist to see that BB popped his shoulder reaching for Duron Harmon with the 91st overall selection...dissing his own scouting department in so doing.

Seriously. There is no way on earth a 20 year old kid can grasp the stuff that BB looks at year in and year out because he thinks he can regurgiate a bunch of rhetoric he hears from the media towards BB, whether it be via Kiper, 98.5, ESPN or whatever.

RESPONSE: I guess that goes for BB's scouts too...right Russ??

TP,

I bet you never even watched Maroney play did you? If you were a real fan of the Pats then you would know Maroney was a beast until he broke both of his shoulders trying to pound it through the line. Did you even know he broke his freakin shoulders?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

TexParrot's been reading too many draft publications.  He speaks as if all "top 100" picks should be pro bowlers. The reality is that guys picked at the bottom of the third round (around pick 90, where Bequette was picked) are rarely starters in their first season and many of them never get beyond filler. You can question second round picks like Butler and Jackson, but when you get down to picks in the 80s and 90s for guys like  MacKenzie and Bequette you're lucky if you get much more than a JAG.  

I also think it's way too early to judge Tavon Wilson.  So far, he's done pretty well compared to most of the guys picked following him and certainly better than any safety picked after him.  TexParrot has been trying to make the Wilson pick into a bad one since last year when he couldn't find Wilson anywhere among Mel Kiper's top picks and therefore was absolutely certain that Wilson was going to be a bust.  Well the jury is still out on that and so far Belichick is looking a bit smarter than Kiper and his little tweety bird TexParrot. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

TexParrot's been reading too many draft publications.  He speaks as if all "top 100" picks should be pro bowlers.

RESPONSE: No...they should all suck...right, Russ??

The reality is that guys picked at the bottom of the third round (around pick 90, where Bequette was picked) are rarely starters in their first season and many of them never get beyond filler. You can question second round picks like Butler and Jackson, but when you get down to picks in the 80s and 90s for guys like  MacKenzie and Bequette you're lucky if you get much more than a JAG.

RESPONSE: The "reality" is that you don't know what you're talking about. Top 100 picks should at least contribute...if not eventually become starters. But, go right ahead and make your lame excuses for BB's lousy drafts.   

I also think it's way too early to judge Tavon Wilson.

RESPONSE: Of course you do. You said the same thing when I criticized the Patrick Chung pick. If BB thought that Wilson was the answer at safety, than why did BB reach for another safety...Harmon...with the 91st overall pick??

So far, he's done pretty well compared to most of the guys picked following him and certainly better than any safety picked after him.

RESPONSE: What a ridiculous comment! The safeties available in 2012, after Mark Barron and Harrison Smith, were pathetic. It was a horrible draft for safeties.

TexParrot has been trying to make the Wilson pick into a bad one since last year when he couldn't find Wilson anywhere among Mel Kiper's top picks and therefore was absolutely certain that Wilson was going to be a bust.  Well the jury is still out on that and so far Belichick is looking a bit smarter than Kiper and his little mockingbird tweeter, TexParrot. 

RESPONSE: Yeah, right. I just go along with whatever Kiper says. Your ignorance is priceless...LOL!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

i have made virtually every observation in this article of bb's strategy and other teams (Ie, sf, seattle, this year) over the past years and after this draft on this board (so obviously im in agreeement).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

HE has a coach there he knows.  that coach is moving on after this year.  so that means no more rutgers players :)

maybe he'll learn scout for once

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

Sorry, I have to call baloney on this one. This little website these Millenial dorks have set up where they sit there with 98.5 and Felger and Mazz tuned in daily, is no different than that Millenial Erika Leigh sitting at her parents house not even bothering to look for a real job after going to college.  She's the one who was Tweeting as if she had media connections or real connections on the eve of Free Agency. lmao

Mike Loyko is a 20 something kid who lives in a basement in Mashpee for crying out loud.

I guarantee if you search Linked In for these other "contributors", they also live in Mashpee or whatever and are a 25 year old unemployed kid whose analysis is not superior to mine or many of the quality posters here or elsewhere.

So, that's for starters.  Behind that article is this silly premise that BB is senile, power hungry, wanting it to be about him, etc. That's what the premise is and I aint' buying it because it doesn't need to be that over-thought whatsoever. If you buy into Felgie and Mazz's garbage, then yeah, you probably "like" that garbage article.

If you want real anaylsis, look for any educated fan's analysis here on the thread that goes into detail about maturity, good kids, intense film study, time management, locker room presence and continuity with many different schemes.  BecauseTHAT is the real truth and logic behind BB believing in NFL ready kids who can be coached up here to go to the next level. 

It's not hard to figure out. Mel Kiper, Texas Dork or Dan Hope from his smelly basement in Mashpee simply don't have a better handle on scouting or understanding what the team needs are from a prospect perspective than BB. Period. Deal with it, dorks.

The second parapragh from that kid givs it away, too.  The flavor of the day are NFC West teams like Seattle and SF, each incredibly into self promotion and immaturity and just wait until they get an injury or two and have a big, fat target on their backs. Then, we;ll see how they handle things.

BB ain't falling behind anyone. Richard Sherman will be looking for Revis money in one year and 1st rd pick Bruce Irvin just got nailed for some kind of a PED, missing key 4 games to start the season.

Colin Kaepernick looked like a deer in the headlights in the SB when it came time to throw the football. Film is out, folks. Film is out.

Around this time last year everyone was bashing seattle's draft. I saw alot of grades of D and F. Now, however, everyone wants to point out how great they they are at drafting. Anyone see the irony here? The point is you can't judge a draft a week after minicamps. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I wonder why any of us aren't employed by any of the NFL teams to coach/draft for them....Anyone knows why?