Ryan Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Ryan Allen

This guy has a leg . . . think the Pats can trade him before Saturday night for at least a 6 rounder?  If they cut him or put him on the PS he gets picked up on waivers  . . .  maybe one of the top 12-16 teams will give up a pick if they need a kicker going into this season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Ryan Allen

It's possible, but everybody knows he's getting cut so why give anything for him, just wait out the process. Maybe there's a team in serious need of a P willing to give something they have an excess of, but it doesn't seem likely.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

It's possible, but everybody knows he's getting cut so why give anything for him, just wait out the process. Maybe there's a team in serious need of a P willing to give something they have an excess of, but it doesn't seem likely.

Well if they put him on the PS then he goes through waivers if someone wants him and the lowest teams get first picks that is why I'm thinking one of the better teams may give up a low pick next year for a chance to get him for sure . . . this guy will be on a team this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

I'd be surprised if any team would be willing to trade a pick for Allen; he has a strong leg, but I think needs to become more consistent.  What might be a possibility, though I'd say unlikely given BB's emphasis on special teams, is trading Mesko for a late rd pick, and keeping Allen as our punter.  His contract is much cheaper, and I believe Mesko's expires after this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Mesko won and is winning the job for good reason. No one will trade for Allen and BB wont trade Mesko, if he were a kicker, he wins a spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

a higher ranked team that wont have a chance of claiming him on waivers may give up a pick to ensure they get him. I am sure BB is working the phones trying. If I was a betting man I would say nobody gives up anything for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm in essential agreement with Muzz and Quag.  As in all things, timing is everything.  If team X has a burning need for a punter for whatever reason, likes this kid and is concerned that he won't be available once he hits the waiver wire, he might draw a 7th (6th if there's more than one team interested). 

Sections
Shortcuts