RYAN CLARK: "Brady becomes a 'girl' when pressured; Amendola's fragile, they will miss Wes; a big corner neutralizes GRONK"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: RYAN CLARK:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/07/ryan-clark-amendola-is-fragile-brady-ducks-when-hes-blitzed/

wow! isnt this the same clark we humiliated all over the field a while back? do these guys not learn? y is he yapping about our bizness anyways? didnt literally use "girl" but it certainlyis implied.. he ducks, sees ghosts, cant handle the pressure, panics when he has to make an actual play when the timing is not there.. bad at improvision. says a lot about our ball. seeems like the book on him though. suggs implied the same. tb wont fight when kicked a few times, he crumbles and gets happy feet disease. bad indictment. i have a feelin bb knows all this as well and will b preemptively making adjustments.

he said no such things and certainly not the way u phrased them

nor did he say it like a braggart or a punk

it was an intelligent breakdown of an opponents strengths and weaknesses as he sees them as both an opposing player and a defensive back and it's a team he is very familiar with

you seem too smart to develope "Rustyitis"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

LMAO.  Have you read half of this guy's threads before?  They are all sensationalist bs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

LMAO.  Have you read half of this guy's threads before?  They are all sensationalist bs.

yeah i know..this one however was taking something intelligent and rather inocuous and turning it into Pats-bashing trash talking and that is Rustoleum's MO to a tee!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/07/ryan-clark-amendola-is-fragile-brady-ducks-when-hes-blitzed/

wow! isnt this the same clark we humiliated all over the field a while back? do these guys not learn? y is he yapping about our bizness anyways? didnt literally use "girl" but it certainlyis implied.. he ducks, sees ghosts, cant handle the pressure, panics when he has to make an actual play when the timing is not there.. bad at improvision. says a lot about our ball. seeems like the book on him though. suggs implied the same. tb wont fight when kicked a few times, he crumbles and gets happy feet disease. bad indictment. i have a feelin bb knows all this as well and will b preemptively making adjustments.

No. The guy Brady humiliated was Anthony Smith...not Clark. Clark didn't call Brady "a girl". This is what he said:

“When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you’re man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts,” Clark said. “Even when guys aren’t around him, even when he’s not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we’ll see him duck, we’ll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away.”

I hate to say this, but I tend to agree with Clark. Over the past few years, Brady appears to hear footsteps. He at times rushes his throws, and appears to be more skittish in the pocket.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Going on air and saying Brady "sees ghosts", implying that he doesn't know what he's doing is derogatory, period.

If one of our players was on record on the air mocking another great player, you trollish tools would be in here making a federal case out it.

You two (UD6 and Gunty) are such hypcrites.

The thing is, I agree with Ryan Clark in the analysis, but I knew it 3-4 years ago.  It's nothing new here.

If healthy, I don't think the shotgun spread base components (with Gronk) is completely stoppable, but that just shows how one dimensional our offense is, but by design.

It's not like we never saw BJGE have a big game or Ridley, or other people not named Welker or Gronk.

This is like the 3rd public acknowledgement of a player or coordinator telling us how they stop us, when we already should know it after years of seeing how to do it.

He's wrong on Amendola, though.  And it's very ironic a guy with a seroious disease is calling Amendola "fragile" because he hurt himself in the opener of 2011.  Welker blew his leg out in 2009, but it just happened to be at the end of the year.

Finally, as someone posted, the Rams dome turf is rated as one of the hardest and worst in the NFL. 

It's not like Ryan Clark is Mr. Durable. He's Mr. Mouthy and Mr. Jealous, though.

Will be fun watching the Steelers miss the postseason for the second year in a row.

but I knew it 3-4 years ago.

yet somehow Bellichick didn't or didn't do anything about it and worse let it continue 3-4 years

does this honestly make sense to you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

No. The guy Brady humiliated was Anthony Smith...not Clark. I hate to say this, but I tend to agree with Clark. Over the past few years, Brady appears to hear footsteps. He at times rushes his throws, ans appears to be more skittish in the pocket.

but note TP Clark says part of that is because Brady is conditioned to throw the ball within a certain time frame, especially to Welker on those quick crossing routes, so even he is saying it's as much about getting the ball out when he is conditioned to as any footsteps...i think he is being less deragatory than analyzing Brady

I do think Brady was quick triggered and seeing things after that horrible injury but he isn't now at least not to any great extent...I don't think he was "skittish" in 46

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Gotta love a guy who talks smack yet can't play at altitude cause it weakens his body.

Really??  So, because the altitude and exertion of play could cause his death, he shouldn't talk smack? 

I can think of plenty of other reasons he shouldn't talk smack, but a serious health condition that can be avoided isn't one of them. 

Your response is more childish than his.

You sticking up for a dirty cheap player shouldn't suprise me. Note to you fool he plays a gm that could cause grave injury to him so yes his condition is fair gm.

Try again.  His condition and the violence of the game have nothing to do with each other. 

And lets not talk about sticking up for "dirty cheap" players.  Regardless of his play, these were only his words, which defendable or not, provide no basis for your poorly conceived retort.  

Finally, as a pats fan, I am willing to bet that you've defended a dirty cheap player or two - or have the pats never employed one of those players?

Yes, but why you defend MOUTHY and ARROGANT players?  I would absolutely cringe if a Pats player went on ESPN babbling about a past game or how my team succeeded in something, acting like a know it all, so selfishly so.

You look absolutely ridiculous defending it.

Can you show me where I have defended the player?  Don't allow yourself to be as dumb as the Stan.  Stan tried to make a snarky retort that really had nothing to do with Clark's comments.  Stan's comment was the basis of my response. 

And similar to what I said before, I'll say to you.  As a pats fan, I am sure you've defended arrogant mouthy players before - or do they not exist on the patriots? 

Mouthy out in public like that? No, they don't exist.  And yes, you are defending Clark simply because someone pointed out his medical condition.

Most people with medical conditions are humble, classy people, not arrgoant jerks like Clark.

Are you seriously comparing Joey Porter, Hines Ward, Harrison or Clark's mouths to the Pats and their infamous way of keeping quiet and things in house?

Please stop.

This does't count with the usuall on field yammering that all teams do, either. But, claiming the Pats players go on the radio or tv and mouth off is ridiculous. 

Sorry Russ - you're wrong.  I am not defending Clark - I am calling out a poster who's retort was about something over which Clark had no control.  He didn't give himself his medical condition.  If he wanted to retort appropriately, he would have made a statement about Clark's own poor play. 

Did Wes Welker not trash talk about Rex Ryan?  Didn't Brady throw a little trash Plaxico Burress' way before their first superbowl meeting?  Didn't the pats famously dance on the charger's logo? 

Here's the thing - I don't want excuses.  The pats have had dirty players and they've had players who trash talk - BFD.  It happens.  But to call someone out for their inherited genetic health condition is childish.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Brady has some of the best pocket presence in NFL history.  It is one of the reasons he has become the HoF player he is.  I suggest some of the "fans" here watch some other QBs in this league before they complain about Brady being "skittish" in the pocket.  Sometimes he feels pressure that isn't there.  BIG DEAL.  So does every QB.  For every one of those events there are probably at least 10 instances where he buys extra time with a little movement in the pocket.  A few years ago Aaron Rodgers said Brady had the best pocket presence in the NFL by far.  Would the naysayers like to provide some evidence that this element of Brady's game has declined dramatically in the past 2 seasons?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - you've lost sight of my point. 

Trash talk about a person's play is one thing.  Trashing a person for their inherited genetic condition is something ENTIRELY different. 

I only pointed out that there have been Patriot trash talkers and dirty players just to show that every team has them, but that is an entirely different subject. 

Again - you don't talk trash about someone's inherited medical condition.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

No. The guy Brady humiliated was Anthony Smith...not Clark. I hate to say this, but I tend to agree with Clark. Over the past few years, Brady appears to hear footsteps. He at times rushes his throws, ans appears to be more skittish in the pocket.

but note TP Clark says part of that is because Brady is conditioned to throw the ball within a certain time frame, especially to Welker on those quick crossing routes, so even he is saying it's as much about getting the ball out when he is conditioned to as any footsteps...i think he is being less deragatory than analyzing Brady

I do think Brady was quick triggered and seeing things after that horrible injury but he isn't now at least not to any great extent...I don't think he was "skittish" in 46

True...but I also think he was telling it like it is about Brady being a bit more skittish in the pocket, then he was in his younger days, prior to his knee injury. For example, he seemed to rush that throw to a wide open Welker in the final minutes of SB 46...making what should have been a easy reception, a difficult one.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Going on air and saying Brady "sees ghosts", implying that he doesn't know what he's doing is derogatory, period.

If one of our players was on record on the air mocking another great player, you trollish tools would be in here making a federal case out it.

You two (UD6 and Gunty) are such hypcrites.

The thing is, I agree with Ryan Clark in the analysis, but I knew it 3-4 years ago.  It's nothing new here.

If healthy, I don't think the shotgun spread base components (with Gronk) is completely stoppable, but that just shows how one dimensional our offense is, but by design.

It's not like we never saw BJGE have a big game or Ridley, or other people not named Welker or Gronk.

This is like the 3rd public acknowledgement of a player or coordinator telling us how they stop us, when we already should know it after years of seeing how to do it.

He's wrong on Amendola, though.  And it's very ironic a guy with a seroious disease is calling Amendola "fragile" because he hurt himself in the opener of 2011.  Welker blew his leg out in 2009, but it just happened to be at the end of the year.

Finally, as someone posted, the Rams dome turf is rated as one of the hardest and worst in the NFL. 

It's not like Ryan Clark is Mr. Durable. He's Mr. Mouthy and Mr. Jealous, though.

Will be fun watching the Steelers miss the postseason for the second year in a row.

but I knew it 3-4 years ago.

yet somehow Bellichick didn't or didn't do anything about it and worse let it continue 3-4 years

does this honestly make sense to you?

Considering BB dealt Moss in 2010, BB saw it too.  I just said they panicked after the 1st two drives not in an exclusive shotgun spread.

In 2011, things were going great with BJGE running amuck, but when he went down with turf toe pretty much until December, they didn't entrust Ridley (which is fine), but they should have turned BJGE loose in the SB because you would have lost in that 4th qtr if they had.

Pretty clear here.

Basically, I disagree with the subbing of the RBs to dictate matchups and the lack of establishing a run game against the better Ds.

I think BB defers to Brady in terms of wanting Brady to be comfortable with what he prefers, and it has backfired.

So, by early 2010, with the trade of Moss, there is no question in my mind that symbolizes BB seeing it like many of us did.

The addiction to chasing 2007's stats was cooked in 2009.  BB then drafted two TEs in 2010 and dealt Moss.

That proves BB saw it too.  It's the deviation or lack of patience in the playcalling or the over-manipulation to sub backs to run plays set up for specific backs DURING the game, out of the shotgun, is where I disagree.

And you know what? I was right. Twice.  Last year in the AFC title game and SB and this year in the AFC title game.

Brady is a WORSE QB in the shotgun than he is under Center. He is also worse when we don't commit to some variation of a run game from a traditional offense. You can't get a run game going from a gimmick offense.  It doesn't work. A wrinkle is not a base, so even when they used the hurry up, it doesn't have the same effect as "Yep, we will establish a run on you".

BB just walked from Welkie and it's not because of 2 million in difference from what Denver offered, either.

So, he sees it, it just didn't go as smoothly as one would have hoped and clearly the Gronk injury has to be included in what they had at their disposal.

What's funny about you is you got blind lucky twice in two SBs and you act like you didn't. Tyree was never again seen in the NFL and Gronk hurt in SB 46 allowed for you to win. It's that simple. Not to mention, a Brady/Welker failure as buddies in the 4th.

suuuuuuuure it is

Undecided

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - you've lost sight of my point. 

Trash talk about a person's play is one thing.  Trashing a person for their inherited genetic condition is something ENTIRELY different. 

I only pointed out that there have been Patriot trash talkers and dirty players just to show that every team has them, but that is an entirely different subject. 

Again - you don't talk trash about someone's inherited medical condition.

I concur, but you're also not calling out the initiator which is Ryan Clark.

I don't really care about Clark's comments.  That's for you guys to get all hopped up about.  Not my domain.  I'll accept if you or any pats fans are P.O.'d about it, but really its much ado about nothing. 

You'll note that I haven't commented on any retorts that question Clark's comments or call out his lack of strong play at times.  I simply thought it was poor form to call the guy out for having an inherited genetic condition.  As someone else put it - its like trashing someone for getting cancer or Downs for that matter. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Umm, you guys do get that this is trash-talking? Right? It's psychological warfare. Do you think Brady cares what he says? Or that what he says is suppsoed to be factual in any way? 

He is trying to get in NE's head. It's the whole point of trash-talk.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Umm, you guys do get that this is trash-talking? Right? It's psychological warfare. Do you think Brady cares what he says? Or that what he says is suppsoed to be factual in any way? 

He is trying to get in NE's head. It's the whole point of trash-talk.

I think Clark has succeeded at getting into peoples' heads - just not the right people.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seems to me Rusty trashes Brady worse than Clark did on a daily basis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Thanks Russ been here but got banned by some rat. Bobbysu

Ahh.  I thought we had a new rational fan, but welcome back anyway.

It's interesting how both you and I got banned for no reason, yet we share very similar views with regards to our offensive ideological approach.

I got banned for no reason as well.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Looking at the article, I dont care what someone says. Always talking smack in the NFL. What concerned me is TB's QB rating. Less than 3 seconds 81%, tells me short passing, easier to Defend. More Defenders in short space.
    After 3 seconds 60 QBR. Tells me not as effecient in down field passing, as we think.

exactly!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Play-Action always mess with the Defenders when you want to throw deep. It's the deception, they have to honor the run, even when the whole play is not going to be a run.

I've said this before, dont like QB's who are not mobile for the Shotgun.

I agree, play action makes this offense much more difficult to defend. When they become predictable the other teams load up. The shotgun is a dead giveaway IMO, defenses pin their ears back and go after him,  Brady's much more effective under center.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why is UD6 still here? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'd like to semi-congratulate the Steelers for expecting that they're going to make the playoffs.  If they weren't going to presumably make the playoffs, presumably face the Patriots some time in January and presumably get to the AFC crown, then they'd never think about talking smack about the Pats who aren't in their division. 

Would a Patriot ever talk smack about, to pick a random team, Cleveland?

So, the message boils down to an admission that the Patriots have to be beat in January.