Ryan guarantees Super Bowl win (again)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Ryan guarantees Super Bowl win (again)

From NYPost.com:

Rex Ryan didn't quite channel Jets great Joe Namath during the Knicks' 113-96 loss to the Lakers last night at the Garden, but he was close, essentially guaranteeing a Jets Super Bowl victory. The Gang Green coach told the Post "there's no way we don't get it done next year," and said to MSG's Jill Martin at halftime that "next year I know we'll win it."

Ryan, wearing a throwback Clyde Frazier jersey and seated courtside next to his wife Michelle, got a resounding ovation from the crowd. But in a quiet moment in the bowels of the Garden, Ryan said last month's AFC Championship 24-19 loss in Pittsburgh still stings but will spur the Jets on to a title of their own next season.  "It feeds the competitiveness in you," Ryan said. "You're sick that you missed out again, two years in a row. I know how important it us to this town and our fans, and how important it is to me, this football team. To come up short again, it's a huge blow.

"But you do remember," he said. "It drives your competitive spirit, like there's no way, no way we don't get it done next year. That's how you feel. That's how I feel. You can't wait to get back and have at it again."

Ryan is used to off-the-field headlines, after a series of foot-fetish videos, allegedly of his wife Michelle, hit the web. That's why he is uniquely qualified to offer advice to young quarterback Mark Sanchez, who has been embroiled in a media firestorm of his own after an alleged tryst with Eliza Kruger, a 17-year-old Connecticut girl.

"Not everybody can play quarterback in this town. It takes a special person, and Mark can do it. He's proved that he can do it. He's focused and determined," Ryan said. "Some guys would wilt under the pressure of New York, of being in the city. But Mark looks forward to it.

"You've got to have broad shoulders, he has broad shoulders," he said. "I always talk about skin like an armadillo -- though I know it's armor -- but that's the illustration we make to our guys. He's a great player, a great person, and he can handle this."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/rex_makes_latest_super_guarantee_azkBA7pMYO6U70YVd6a2CM#ixzz1DlpZchbP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Ryan guarantees Super Bowl win (again)

The Lord of No Rings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It's easy to make predictions.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

I'm really starting to think that man has a serious mental disorder. Talk about somebody who's never going to get it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pjmj430. Show pjmj430's posts

Hs a cuckhold toe licken *ss clown talking out the side of face.... wht else is new...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

And NY wins no SB next year, another guarantee again and again, blah blah blah, 

Its like a constant annoying drone, 

its like he just wants to talk you to death

sooner or later, when does even NYJ's fans get sick of empty promises....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from War-Eagle. Show War-Eagle's posts

I say why not, his mouth is big enough to stick two feet into.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

So what I got outta this is, The gang green coach said from "the bowels" of NY that "it blows" and he feels "sick" and even though he "missed short" he's still "feeding" so he'll "have at it again," because him and his QB are "focused & determined" "not to wilt" "under the incredible pressure"...  Very nice.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The Gang Green coach told the Post "there's no way we don't get it done next year," and said to MSG's Jill Martin at halftime that "next year I know we'll win it."

Was he talking about the division? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Now he's got the easy part done tellin us about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan guarantees Super Bowl win (again):
    The Lord of No Rings
    Posted by apdynasty23

Nice

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

MYNJJets,

thats is the dumbest statement I have heard.

As head coach,  BB has already proven himself with 3 rings, Ryan none.  

You can spin crap anyway you want and make it smell like roses, but if you were to say who is a HOF coach, honestly, answer to yourself, is Ryan one?  He's not a bad coach, he just can't keep his mouth shut....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

I thought this was a Pats forum.  Why do you guys do nothing but talk about the Jets?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Ryan should quit football and get into politics. He's quite good at making promises he doesn't keep, and getting the sheep to believe in him! As far as I know, no coach has ever predicted a SB win before a season and actually won one. And we all know this team has too many FAs and "hired guns" to stay intact long. As of yet Sanchez has not shown he can carry the team. I predict it will be another 42 years before the Jests make it to another SB. Luckily by that time I'll be dead, or at 92 too senile to even remember what the SB is!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Well, no one knows how close or far away the Jets WILL BE/WILL GO for sure, but ONE thing that WE ALL DO KNOW, since becoming HC of NYJ, Rex has gone FURTHER than BB 2 YEARS IN A ROW, while your Pats have gone ONE AND DONE.   In fact, BB 2, RR 3.
    Posted by MYNJJets
    Exactly, and that is their Super Bowl. Yet in spite of that the Pays have 2 trophies the past 2 years, the Jets none. So big deal. So beating the Pats and having more wins head to head means exactly what?  Nothing. Rex is promoting Rex, not the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Well, no one knows how close or far away the Jets WILL BE/WILL GO for sure, but ONE thing that WE ALL DO KNOW, since becoming HC of NYJ, Rex has gone FURTHER than BB 2 YEARS IN A ROW, while your Pats have gone ONE AND DONE.   In fact, BB 2, RR 3.
    Posted by MYNJJets

Another pathetic Jets fans celebrating the AFC Conference loser trophy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

who cares?

hes going to say this every year.

i looked up who is a FA for them this year:

LB Harris
    WR Holmes
    WR Edwards
    CB Cromartie
    DE Ellis

plus Taylor and Tomlinson could call it quits. 

id say they keep harris, keep cro, try hard to keep ellis and both WRs walk for more money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Posted by MYNJJets

I will say this, and any Pats fan here can't say anything to the contrary, as much as we THINK the Pats are better than the Jets, the Patriots have yet to get through their first playoff games these past two seasons while the Jets have made it to the AFCCG.  That is the plain, unaltered truth.  We have to accept this reality no matter how much we dislike the Jets and what Ryan boasts about.  Somewhere in BB's head he needs to figure out how to get the Pats past the first playoff game because what he has done in the past is just that, the past.  We can boast all we want about 3 rings. There are no SBs in the wings if this team can't win in the playoffs now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Further, any somewhat educated Pats fans just saw NE lay down a foundation for a long term rebuild while NY just peaked.

NY has anywhere from 7-12 key free agents, many of them starters, that they need to either re-sign or likely ask to take pay cuts.

Meanwhile, NE has Welker closer back to 100%, 6 draft picks in the top 100 (3 1st rounders, essentially with 33 being as good as a 1st at 2nd rd money tier), and more experience than they have had in the last 3 seasons.

NE is UP.

NY is DOWN.

They can yap all day long.  They have no rings in the last 3 seasons, nore does NE.

I'll take my cards, thanks very much.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I guarantee Rex Ryan will say some thing stupid in the future

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Feb. 2011  "This year I know we'll win it"

Feb. 2012  "It was always our plan to win it THIS year in New Jersey"

Feb. 2013  "I'm so excited to be the new defensive coordinator of the Vikings"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Someone posted that the jets would need to sign 17 players for $2m (total)...that the jets would be hard hit by payroll, etc...  (in a pre-NY/ny playoff thread)

How is that projected to play out for 2011?

Are they going to lose a lot of players; be unable to sign new ones due to their overspending?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MYNJJets. Show MYNJJets's posts

MYNJJets, thats is the dumbest statement I have heard. As head coach,  BB has already proven himself with 3 rings, Ryan none.   You can spin crap anyway you want and make it smell like roses, but if you were to say who is a HOF coach, honestly, answer to yourself, is Ryan one?  He's not a bad coach, he just can't keep his mouth shut....
    Posted by patswirelessfan

Why is that DUMB?  It's the TRUTH!  Since becoming HC of NYJ, Rex 3, BB 2 in head2head matchups  - along with winning 4 of 6 p/o games vs 2 - one and dones.  Clearly you failed to read where I posted since RR became a HC?  The past is the past........talking about what Rex has done since becoming a HC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan guarantees Super Bowl win (again) : Why is that DUMB?  It's the TRUTH!  Since becoming HC of NYJ, Rex 3, BB 2 in head2head matchups  - along with winning 4 of 6 p/o games vs 2 - one and dones.  Clearly you failed to read where I posted since RR became a HC?  The past is the past........talking about what Rex has done since becoming a HC.
    Posted by MYNJJets

MYNJJets....   for all the bluster and bravado from Ryan and NY...  UNTIL the Jets ACTUALLY win the SB, or for that matter get to the SB, we Pats fans, regardless of what may have occurred these last two seasons can say this.. Since the LAST time the Jets were in the SB, the Patriots have been to the SB SIX times.. winning three of them.  So, even counting your Jets appearance in SBIII..  the Patriots are ahead 6 - 1 in SB appearances and odds are pretty good the Pats may get there a couple more times with Brady and BB as a QB-HC duo.  Your franchise has a long way to go before it can top NE.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I guarantee Rex will overeat soon

Sections
Shortcuts