Ryan Mallet - Successor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsrule. Show Sportsrule's posts

Ryan Mallet - Successor?

Is Ryan Mallet the successor of Tom brady? Many people say that, but I'm not sure if he is fit for the title. RM has to be really good to become Brady's successor. Is he the one?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Ryan Mallet - Successor?

You will never see the likes of a Brady play for this team again in your lifetime.

How long before "Mallet" gets the nickname "The Hammer"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsrule. Show Sportsrule's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Mallet - Successor?:
    You will never see the likes of a Brady play for this team again in your lifetime. How long before "Mallet" gets the nickname "The Hammer"?
    Posted by BabeParilli

RM would probably earn the nickname "The Hammer" if he is a linebacker. A quarterback? I don't think so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

can't believe it but I have to agree with Babe...Brady is a once in a life time QB...however I hope Mallett is to Brady as Steve Young was to Joe Montanna.....I ould live with that as long as he gets more rings than Young did....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

The packers did it with Rogers, but Ryan Mallet cant and wont wait around long enough for TB to retire.  It just wont work, he's trade bait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Mallet - Successor? : RM would probably earn the nickname "The Hammer" if he is a linebacker. A quarterback? I don't think so.
    Posted by Sportsrule

Yeah, maybe he'll switch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Mallet - Successor? : Yeah, maybe he'll switch.
    Posted by BabeParilli

6-7 and 257 he has the size that Bill likes for OLB . . . so maybe you are on to something!  With his slow speed he should be able to get to the QB's as often as our current DE/OLB due!

RM will be the successor only if Brady plays less than four more seasons . . . Tom says he wants to go ten more years but that will not happen . . . if Tom stays health he likely will go 5 to 7 more and walk away from the game (hopefully he will be able to walk) . . . by that time RM will long be a free agent and will not stand with the clipboard for that many years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brady might go 11 years from now when he turns 45.  On the other hand he might get injured someday, and then Hoyer might get injured.  BB drafted Mallett to be insurance. 

At 6' 7", with 34 3/8" arms and with a good top-release throwing motion, Mallett throws way above the reach of blitzing linemen and he throws way down field as needed.  The guy is not only the tallest QB, but he has the best arm in the draft too.  He sees the field above the heads of blitzing linemen.  Height also worked pretty well for 6'5" Tom Brady.

There's a subsidiary question of whether drunkard Ryan Mallett can keep from being really drunk and mouthy in front of cops for a second time, but pothead Aaron Hernandez seems to have beaten his pot addiction so far.  Many of us, over our entire lifetimes, have avoided mouthing off to a cop, have avoided urinating on (front) lawns and have avoided publc nakedness while woozled.  Mallett should dress his girlfriend up as a cop if he really needs that particular experience again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady has three more years as the Pats QB. At that point in time, assuming Mallet develops into the QB he can be, Mallet is way better QB than Tom. There's no way BB starts Tom over Ryan just because of nostalgia. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Many of us, over our entire lifetimes, have avoided mouthing off to a cop,
    have avoided urinating on (front) lawns
    and have avoided publc nakedness while woozled. 
    Posted by Paul_K

I agree, well sai-  Hold on, there's a second part...  
    Err...
    Oh good, a 3rd part too-This one should exoneriate me at least... 
    Nope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krustyunderwear. Show Krustyunderwear's posts

Many of us, over our entire lifetimes, have avoided mouthing off to a cop, have avoided urinating on (front) lawns and have avoided publc nakedness while woozled. I guess paul your one of those bluebloods where I come from its called the senoir prod(PROM) In fact I dont know or have heard of a cop not doing same.Mind you I have done 2 full years behind bars so I am not grasping this society thing to good myself.In fact what Mallet did I would call it going outside to pick up the morning paper.Propper.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Mallet - Successor? :   Many of us, over our entire lifetimes, have avoided mouthing off to a cop, have avoided urinating on (front) lawns and have avoided publc nakedness while woozled. I guess paul your one of those bluebloods where I come from its called the senoir prod(PROM) In fact I dont know or have heard of a cop not doing same.Mind you I have done 2 full years behind bars so I am not grasping this society thing to good myself.In fact what Mallet did I would call it going outside to pick up the morning paper.Propper.
    Posted by Krustyunderwear

I said "many of us".  I carefully left myself a loophole in case anyone checks up.

Sections
Shortcuts