Ryan Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Ryan Mallett

I found this interesting. I know some feel strongly about Mallet's worth  but it seems a someone who evaluates players for a living feel otherwise including myself.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb-mayock-says

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Ryan Mallett

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I found this interesting. I know some feel strongly about Mallet's worth  but it seems a someone who evaluates players for a living feel otherwise including myself.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb-mayock-says" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb-mayock-says

well here's what Hart and Perrilo said after they heard that

Paul Perillo retweeted

MikeGiardi Michael Giardi
    Just laughed at report that Mallett "popped" today. He was schizo at best. Picked a couple times. Multiple INCs in 11 on 11. #Patriotstalk
    about an hour ago

JumboHart Andy Hart
    Um, what was he watching? RT @ChrisWesseling: "Ryan Mallett popped today. I was blown away. I saw a legitimate NFL starting QB." -- Mayock

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb-mayock-says" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb-mayock-says" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000373945/article/ryan-mallett-is-a-legitimate-starting-qb-mayock-says

well here's what Hart and Perrilo said after they heard that

Paul Perillo retweeted

MikeGiardi Michael Giardi
    Just laughed at report that Mallett "popped" today. He was schizo at best. Picked a couple times. Multiple INCs in 11 on 11. #Patriotstalk
    about an hour ago

JumboHart Andy Hart
    Um, what was he watching? RT @ChrisWesseling: "Ryan Mallett popped today. I was blown away. I saw a legitimate NFL starting QB." -- Mayock

[object HTMLDivElement]

Bottom line we won't know until next year when he signs with someone else who is right and who is wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

Well the Pats let Hoyer go and I am sure he will start for the Browns.I was surprised he looked as good as he did while playing for them.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

That's true and I hope we never have to find out.

I have no idea of his progression but the guys that have watched every single activity have not been impressed,  They did mention one very nice completion but again, he appears to be very inconsistent, still.

All I know is that when I watched him last year, I got a weird uneasy feeling every time.

It was like you expected him to either hand off or totally miss or throw so hard that no one could catch it, or get sacked.

Didn't instill confidence, at all.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Bottom line we won't know until next year when he signs with someone else who is right and who is wrong.

Signs?  How about traded?

JG isn't ready yet. I think he plays the year out here as the #2.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Signs?  How about traded?

No team is going to trade for a QB on the last year of his deal that has never started a regular season game after TC has already started.  If they wanted him they would have gotten him earlier.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

That's true and I hope we never have to find out.

Agreed, I think they could win in the regular season with Mallett but a SB would be impossible.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope we get something for him, but with Garrapolo performing like he has in camp I think it's a long shot to let him go. Personally I think the guy is a human juggs machine, nothing more, nothing less...big strong arm...throws it like carzy...but something is missing and I don't think it's just experience.

• This post has been removed.

A big reason why bb jumped on garoppolo early is because they don't like the qb talent in the next 2 drafts.

Where do you get this stuff from?  Honestly.

Only a clueless FO would trade for Mallett now.  If you wanted him you would at least acquire him earlier in the year so that he would have time to learn the new offensive system and playbook.  This is particularly important for a guy like Mallett who has never started at the professional level. I just don't see it happening particularly when you consider that JG probably needs a year of seasoning before he is ready to take over backup duties.

Why did they work out quinn?

They are always doing their due diligence.

•  

In response to pcmIV's comment:

A big reason why bb jumped on garoppolo early is because they don't like the qb talent in the next 2 drafts.

LOL.... In next years draft Bryce Petty and Marcus Marriotta  will be better than any QB taken in the last 2 drafts.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Actually Mallet looked pretty decent today his long ball was off, but his short to intermediate passes were right on target. This was in both the team plays and the 7 on 7's, Don't know where those guys were sitting, but unless you were a coach or on one of the Camera towers the ability to give a Good 7 on 7 evaluation was impossible since they were on the side and part of the field where there was no way to see it properly.

So if they were in the back corner they only got a good view of the Blue O/ Red D, which accounted for about 20 minutes of practice, the rest was done on the other corner where there was no fan (couldn't no room for a fan area) or the main area which means if you had okay 7 on 7 seats you were NOT able to see much of anything else. I was on the Hill as soon as you walked into the area so had great views of everything but the Blue O / Red D and obstructed on the 7 o 7's.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Maycock - Mallet "popped" on the field today. Alluded he's a starting QB.  Why not trade him, and pray Brady doesn't get hurt this year?

Umm, the reiss mailbag?

There is absolutely no way that Reiss would make an unsubstantiated claim like that.  I call bs.  Show me a link to where Reiss says that BB drafted JG because "he didn't like the QB talent in the next 2 drafts" and I will happily eat crow.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Umm, the reiss mailbag?

The arrogance of you thinking someone else could not possibly have read something you think you already have.

I am not just making it up.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Ya, like you voted for gay marriage.

I read his mailbag and have never read that and agree with pcm, there is no way in hell Reiss says that..

NO WAY!

Feel free to post it, though.

We'll wait.

Yeah, says dopey mel kiper who does not know jack about how qbs can project.

Pretty boy petty hae bust writtten all over him lke rg3.

Pretty boy?

I don't know... besides his football talent the kid has the leadership intangibles you look for.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/baylor-bears-bryce-petty-elite-11-us-military-070714

•  
    Sections
    Shortcuts