Ryan Mathews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SidewayZ29. Show SidewayZ29's posts

Ryan Mathews

Best pick pats could make at #22. Great size and speed (5' 11"/220lbs) and even better runner between the tackles and everyone knows how the Pats love to run it up the middle, unfortunely Maroney just runs into his own OL. This kid had 1,808 yards and 19 TD's that is some great production that matchs his measurables. I would like to see a pass rusher here, but I think we can get a rusher that would be very productive with a early second round pick.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Ryan Mathews

Don't waste a 1st round pick on a RB.  Too many other, more important needs. Look at the NFL trend.  You're much better off putting together a good O Line and having a few serviceable backs.  These are the last 10 backs who were leading rushers in the Super Bowl for the winning teams.  Most of them weren't spectacular players at the time.

Pierre Thomas
    Willie Parker (twice)
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Dominic Rhodes
    Corey Dillon
    Antowain Smith (twice)
    Michael Pittman
    Jamal Lewis

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Mathews:
    Don't waste a 1st round pick on a RB.  Too many other, more important needs. Look at the NFL trend.  You're much better off putting together a good O Line and having a few serviceable backs.  These are the last 10 backs who were leading rushers in the Super Bowl for the winning teams.  Most of them weren't spectacular players at the time. Pierre Thomas Willie Parker (twice) Ahmad Bradshaw Dominic Rhodes Corey Dillon Antowain Smith (twice) Michael Pittman Jamal Lewis
    Posted by siestafiesta

i agree.  build from the trenches out.  maroney "runs into his OL" because the whole are really tiny, which is why faulk is able to slip through them more effectively.  i would like to see an OL overhaul in the next couple of years.  vollmer is a great start.  im on the pouncey band wagon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't waste a 1st round pick on a RB.  Too many other, more important needs. Look at the NFL trend.  You're much better off putting together a good O Line and having a few serviceable backs.  These are the last 10 backs who were leading rushers in the Super Bowl for the winning teams.  Most of them weren't spectacular players at the time. Pierre Thomas Willie Parker (twice) Ahmad Bradshaw Dominic Rhodes Corey Dillon Antowain Smith (twice) Michael Pittman Jamal Lewis
    Posted by siestafiesta
    I agree I would much rather have them draft one of the top O-linemen,or even a DE. As for RB if your line is stout at the point of attack just about any RB who has played the game will be successful. BB has already started building the running game by re-signing Steven Neal and Kevin Faulk as well as by bringing in a TE who can control the edge in Crumpler and if you don't think he's valuable then go ask Chris Johnson of the Titans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nice player. Wouldn't be dissapointed if they take him there, because of our three picks in the second. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

I would target Toby gehart from Stanford with our last 2nd rounder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

id rather trade our #22 PICK and our #1 from the raiders to move up for C.J.Spiller. of course if he slips down past the #10 spot. great value there if we could pull it off. (that raiders pick might lose its potential top 10 pick if mcnabb goes to oak)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I'd rather wait and grab Anthony Dixon later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R07yQOIMCUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTZ7J8FtKkM

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ol44. Show Ol44's posts

I would target Toby gehart from Stanford with our last 2nd rounder.
    Posted by bmadmax81

I like the idea of Gehart in the 2nd round.
    If you build up the offensive line with the 22nd pick you will have a productive Maroney. Gehart can help with power running, blocking for Brady, catching the ball out of the backfield. Brady (and any QB) needs more time from the O line to be effective. Against good teams our O line has let us down the last few years.
    It needs to be rebuild.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

id rather trade our #22 PICK and our #1 from the raiders to move up for C.J.Spiller. of course if he slips down past the #10 spot. great value there if we could pull it off. (that raiders pick might lose its potential top 10 pick if mcnabb goes to oak)
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings

A running back is the last position besides kicker/punter on the entire team that anyone would trade 2 first round picks for, let alone a probable top 10 pick.  I love Spiller, but that's horrible value.  That Oakland pick is going to be gold next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He played in a scrub conference that doesn't play the best defense, his good stats are a smoke screen. I could see if he ran up those numbers in the SEC