Ryan Pickett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ryan Pickett

Heard he was in for a physical recently. 340lb vet interior DL

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Ryan Pickett

I'd love to see him in the rotation in Foxboro. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Good.  Another good, experienced vet on the DL wouldn't hurt .  He would not be a roster lock by any means, but another reliable option is always good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good.  Another good, experienced vet on the DL wouldn't hurt .  He would not be a roster lock by any means, but another reliable option is always good.

[/QUOTE]

Similar to K Williams, these guys are looking to play, and the $$$ are secondary. But they want to insure a roster spot and not be cut in Sept and be looking again

this is a situation where the Pats depth and salary structure on the DL works against these vets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Similar to K Williams, these guys are looking to play, and the $$$ are secondary. But they want to insure a roster spot and not be cut in Sept and be looking again

this is a situation where the Pats depth and salary structure on the DL works against these vets

[/QUOTE]

No it does not.   The vets who are past their prime need yo swallow their ego.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm not so sure about the depth part and something tells me the Pats aren't either. Armstead is up in the air, Vellano and Jones didn't look anything impressive last year once teams figured them out, and Siliga was good for a couple of games but it's clear why he was on his 4th team once Den got to him. The are nice back of the rotation types of guys but when your two starters are coming off major injures and your draft pick is doing the same those aren't guys I'd want to rely on again to start if need be. Pickett is older than I want but at this time of year beggers can't be choosers and Pickett could at least protect against the run more so than the 4 I mentioned above.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I would love to see this signing.

New England knows Vellano and Jones aren't the best answer at DT.

Nobody, even BB, knows what the hell Armstead could be either. 

Kelly, Wilfork, Easley, Siliga and a vet DT would be very nice. I'm really not a fan of Vellano and Jones, they were very good when they were suddenly thrust into the starting role last year but if we want a championship caliber defense that we have on paper, they don't need to be a part of it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your envy of Mr.Karp is a thing of unmitigated beauty. Go have a Popsicle and paint your nails. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you are so far over your head it is humorous!

these vets swallowed their pride in their back pockets. now they simply want to play another year. NE cannot promise them that year, too much competition at those spots in camp.

I am also pretty sure AA is done. He wont see the field....ever. But even so, I think BB really likes CHJones and Vellano in small doses in sub packages. I think he likes Sil's size, effort and salary cap number as well...assuming VW and Kelley are good to go, this is a deep group with Easley finding his spots as well 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

these vets swallowed their pride in their back pockets. now they simply want to play another year. NE cannot promise them that year, too much competition at those spots in camp.

I am also pretty sure AA is done. He wont see the field....ever. But even so, I think BB really likes CHJones and Vellano in small doses in sub packages. I think he likes Sil's size, effort and salary cap number as well...assuming VW and Kelley are good to go, this is a deep group with Easley finding his spots as well 

[/QUOTE]

What is humurous is you thinking you know everything as an espn electrician.

You made a comment above which implies bb has himself pigeonholed with the salary allocation on the d line, which is preposterous.

Yes, older vets sometimes do not like being told they are past their prime, will be paid less, but can be effective in smaller doses still.  Yes.  Some do not like that.

Then, some dumb team caves, overpays and the aging vet plays on a crappy team.

Kevin williams is an aberration example.  Sounds like he thinks he has been promised a spot and more playing time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love to see this signing.

New England knows Vellano and Jones aren't the best answer at DT.

Nobody, even BB, knows what the hell Armstead could be either. 

Kelly, Wilfork, Easley, Siliga and a vet DT would be very nice. I'm really not a fan of Vellano and Jones, they were very good when they were suddenly thrust into the starting role last year but if we want a championship caliber defense that we have on paper, they don't need to be a part of it

[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of jones?  He had 6 sacks as a rookie at dt.  

Jones would be like a mike wright if used less.  Vellano is not as good as jones so far, but do not analyze their play so poorly simply because they were thrust into a very tough spot as rookies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You made a comment above which implies bb has himself pigeonholed with the salary allocation on the d line, which is preposterous.

Yes, older vets sometimes do not like being told they are past their prime, will be paid less, but can be effective in smaller doses still.  Yes.  Some do not like that.

Kevin williams is an aberration example.  Sounds like he thinks he has been promised a spot and more playing time.

[/QUOTE]

wow, and yet you are jealous on an ESPN electrician...bwahahaha!

Williams went to the Seahawks because of the playing time opportunity. he did not chase the money

Pickett will come here to be on the team at the vet minimum...he simply wants to be on a team. the PAts cannot promise him that, so he most likely looks elsewhere

I actually said quite the opposite regarding BB (your lust for him impedes your ability to comprehend). I said BB really likes Jones, Vellano and Sil, and their salaries. Makes it hard for someone to come in and get a roster spot.

BB seemingly would be very happy with VW, Kelley, Easley, Sil, JOnes, Vellano...and other than Vince, the cap hits are very manageable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Williams went to the Seahawks because of the playing time opportunity. he did not chase the money

Pickett will come here to be on the team at the vet minimum...he simply wants to be on a team. the PAts cannot promise him that, so he most likely looks elsewhere

I actually said quite the opposite regarding BB (your lust for him impedes your ability to comprehend). I said BB really likes Jones, Vellano and Sil, and their salaries. Makes it hard for someone to come in and get a roster spot.

BB seemingly would be very happy with VW, Kelley, Easley, Sil, JOnes, Vellano...and other than Vince, the cap hits are very manageable

[/QUOTE]

You said the pats dl salary structure works against "these vets" meaning pickett.

Direct words.

Exposed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You said the pats dl salary structure works against "these vets" meaning pickett.

Direct words.

Exposed.

[/QUOTE]

no you are exposed as a moron

yes, I said EXACTLY that...and what that means is based on the salaries of Sil, Vellano, Jones and even Easley's deal...paying Williams really did not make a lot of sense...ditto Pickett. Those 4 guys are probably as good if used in the correct situation, and all 4 are at team friendly deals.

Personally, if the snaps are managed properly, I think a combo of Sil and Jones will out perform Williams (and Pickett), be cheaper, and be here for more than 1 year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Not a fan of jones?  He had 6 sacks as a rookie at dt.  

Jones would be like a mike wright if used less.  Vellano is not as good as jones so far, but do not analyze their play so poorly simply because they were thrust into a very tough spot as rookies.

[/QUOTE]

Idk, I'm certainly not a fan of Vellano. I think he did a valiant job but he gets pushed around way too much and isn't talented enough.

As for Jones, I have no problem keeping him as a 5th DT on the roster nothing more. If we don't add another DT I'm fine with Vince, Easley, Kelly Siliga and Jones. I would take a vet like Pickett over him but if that doesn't happen I don't mind him as a sub DT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm not so sure about the depth part and something tells me the Pats aren't either. Armstead is up in the air, Vellano and Jones didn't look anything impressive last year once teams figured them out, and Siliga was good for a couple of games but it's clear why he was on his 4th team once Den got to him. The are nice back of the rotation types of guys but when your two starters are coming off major injures and your draft pick is doing the same those aren't guys I'd want to rely on again to start if need be. Pickett is older than I want but at this time of year beggers can't be choosers and Pickett could at least protect against the run more so than the 4 I mentioned above.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Everyone assumes these guys coming off major injuries will be 100%.  Most players that have had ACL's say it takes them pretty much a full season before they really feel comfortable with their knees.

Also, I don't expect to see Armstead at all.  If he does make it on the field for camp, great.  But, I'm not counting on it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love how a guy starts a thread, with useful information, and our gigantic turd bag of a poster swoops in and tries to tell us all about our defensive tackles, and what free agents are thinking. Can't be made up. Just last night our very own village idiot claimed Brady plays like Mark Sanchez...and he is qualified to comment on defensive tackles?? lol!

I think between Vellano, Jones and Silga, one of these guys is going to make it (and when I say make it, I mean actually contribute in a meaningful way, not just make the team because we have no one else). The homers love those scenarios! A undrafted guy - or guy off the street - "starts" most of the year and they run around like little school girls, clapping their hands!! Yay!! Some turd is able to actually go out on the field and almost look like a NFL player, when in fact he isn't, and then we have to watch him get punched in the mouth in the postseason.

I think between Kelly, Vince, Smith and Easley, two of them are going to make it (read above for what I consider to be "making it"). I don't consider Armstead a part of this equation any longer, he never even reached the realm of homer glitter explosion (stood on the field with a uniform, without keeling over and dying).

So yeah I think we had better sign someone, at least Pickett may be able to lean on someone and stop the run, which is more than we can say about Isaac Sopoaga. In my estimation that will give us 4 defensive linemen that can contribute/start, to go along with our usual basketful of undrafted do gooders.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

He would be good insurance if there is a setback with Wilfork. Plus, there's nothing wrong with depth for the interior DL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how a guy starts a thread, with useful information, and our gigantic turd bag of a poster swoops in and tries to tell us all about our defensive tackles, and what free agents are thinking. Can't be made up. Just last night our very own village idiot claimed Brady plays like Mark Sanchez...and he is qualified to comment on defensive tackles?? lol!

I think between Vellano, Jones and Silga, one of these guys is going to make it (and when I say make it, I mean actually contribute in a meaningful way, not just make the team because we have no one else). The homers love those scenarios! A undrafted guy - or guy off the street - "starts" most of the year and they run around like little school girls, clapping their hands!! Yay!! Some turd is able to actually go out on the field and almost look like a NFL player, when in fact he isn't, and then we have to watch him get punched in the mouth in the postseason.

I think between Kelly, Vince, Smith and Easley, two of them are going to make it (read above for what I consider to be "making it"). I don't consider Armstead a part of this equation any longer, he never even reached the realm of homer glitter explosion (stood on the field with a uniform, without keeling over and dying).

So yeah I think we had better sign someone, at least Pickett may be able to lean on someone and stop the run, which is more than we can say about Isaac Sopoaga. In my estimation that will give us 4 defensive linemen that can contribute/start, to go along with our usual basketful of undrafted do gooders.

[/QUOTE]

Can't imagine they'd release Easley since he was our first round pick. Mebbe IR, but certainly not outright released.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

look, every 2nd year player is being offered a chance for the Reiss inspired "2nd year leap"...same should be allowed for Jones, Vellano. Part of their poor play as due to the fact that they were on the field for far too many snaps

If managed properly, both stronger and bigger, they could be part of the DL equation...their salaries certainly are team friendly and they know the system and coaching staff.

Lets see how it plays out in camp

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]

look, every 2nd year player is being offered a chance for the Reiss inspired "2nd year leap"...same should be allowed for Jones, Vellano. Part of their poor play as due to the fact that they were on the field for far too many snaps

If managed properly, both stronger and bigger, they could be part of the DL equation...their salaries certainly are team friendly and they know the system and coaching staff.

Lets see how it plays out in camp

[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's way too sensible.

This has to be decided now, dammit!

LOL!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Can't imagine they'd release Easley since he was our first round pick. Mebbe IR, but certainly not outright released.

[/QUOTE]

No I'm not saying they will release him, I expect him to be a difference maker here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Wait, did MT Hurl predict that Easley would be released?  

Cannot be made up. It just can't.  These kinds of trolls will slide in any little one liner hoping no one is paying attention.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Wait, did MT Hurl predict that Easley would be released?  

Cannot be made up. It just can't.  These kinds of trolls will slide in any little one liner hoping no one is paying attention.  

[/QUOTE]

Here let me teach you how to read...ready??

The cat is fat. The bun is hot in the sun.

Start there and then we'll work on some more:)

If you show improvement and a little desire, I'll teach you about football.