Ryan Swope

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Ryan Swope

I am really hoping the Patriots get this kid. Average height at 6ft, performed well no matter who the qb was, ran a 4.34 forty, and seems to have good instincts and intelligence. I'm not sure what round he is projected to go, but if he is there in the late second or third we should pick him. If we can pick a Tavon Wilson in the second, we can get this kid in the second round :P. I think he will be very good.

If the Pats don't start picking offensive skill players in the draft the offense will be in the same position as the defense in a year or two. Ridley, Gronk, and Hern are great, but we need a WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agsMmAL_nn8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Ryan Swope

Defense, defense and more defense....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

According to the 3 scouting web sites I looked the kid is projected to go anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th round.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'd be thrilled if they drafted him or Robert Woods from USC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

You can't ignore the offense or we will go through the same thing we are going through now with the defense :/

"According to the 3 scouting web sites I looked the kid is projected to go anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th round. "

That will probably rise a little bit after his combine numbers if they haven't updated since. Taking him in the mid to late second might be a stretch, but if he is worth it then he is worth it. We learned that with Vollmer and they weren't afraid to take Tavon Wilson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If they trade back or get extra picks in the 3rd-4th range he's one of the 5 WR's I'd consider taking. But, I'm with NMPL I want an interior rusher, a CB, and another DB or pass rusher before I think about the O. Esp considering how difficult it seems for WR's to fit into the system

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I've just been released from therapy, I'm better. Took awhile to get over my offensive addictions.

I'll be happy with a solid, doesn't need to be spectacular, offense but it's time to focus on continuing to build a defense with an attitude.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I hear ya Patseng, but you can't just give up on drafting WRs. They keep drafting all of these small school guys with "potential." This guy seems to have the potential along with production and no red flags that I'm aware of. Taylor Price played in a poor offensive system, Edelman was a QB, Ebert was a 7th round flyer, Tate was coming off knee surgery, Slater was special teams, and then you need to go back to 2006 to get to the Chad Jackson bust and 2003 for the Bethel Johnson one.

This guy, to me, just seems like a hardworking player that can run the intermediate routes and has the speed to be a burner as well. That is what this team needs! A player who isn't scared to get rocked by a safety and can also get behind the safeties.

Picking up vet receivers also doesn't seem to be working for team. Look at Ocho, Lloyd (to a lesser extent), Holt, Galloway, and all the others. There is an issue here...

We do need to draft defense, but this is one pick. We picked one offensive player last year and that was in the seventh round. Do you want to go two straight years drafting players that won't contribute to the offense?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

With only 4 pks in this draft what are the odds BB trades his 1st to aquire more pks.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mallett will fetch ya some combination of 4th,5th and 6th round picks....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

With only 4 pks in this draft what are the odds BB trades his 1st to aquire more pks.  

I'm thinking it's almost a guarantee

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I agree

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think you and I have been saying that all over this board.  It's got to be the D that gets improvement first and foremost. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I agree

As do I.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Looks like a bigger stronger and faster Welker . . . if Wes is not signed by the draft I'd consider him in the 2nd round.  If Wes is signed then I'd consider him in the 3rd as a replacement for Brandon (no way they are going to pay that bonus) . . . Woods from USC and Still from Oklahoma will also be in the consideration (downfield blocking counts big time for the Pats).  The Pats has a lot of cap space to get the defensive help they need . . . a LB that can pass cover, a down lineman with some speed and at least one cornerback.   The need some help on special teams coverage if you look at the guys on the current roster who will be gone . . .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I saw that Swope ran a blistering 40 the other day...he's got size and production too. I think this guy went from being a third round steal to a late first/early second rounder.

Watching some of his highlights, I'd say someone is going to be getting a hell of a player. I bet this kid will be as versatile as they come for a slot reciever - I can easily see him playing outside 5-7 snaps a game and doing some damage out there either blocking or recieving.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I would stay away from drafting WR's and DB's considering BB horrendous record of being able to spot talent at those positions. Im not bashing on BB but thats the cold hard truth. Stick with drafting DL for the defense and maybe an OL. Quality talent at the WR and DB position is out there to be had when FA opens for reasonable prices.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I saw that Swope ran a blistering 40 the other day...he's got size and production too. I think this guy went from being a third round steal to a late first/early second rounder.

Watching some of his highlights, I'd say someone is going to be getting a hell of a player. I bet this kid will be as versatile as they come for a slot reciever - I can easily see him playing outside 5-7 snaps a game and doing some damage out there either blocking or recieving.

People where amazed that a white kid could run a 4.3. Look at his NFL analysis and tell me that isnt your prototypical White boy WR analysis. Not tryng to make this about race i just found what they said in his analysis is funny considering he ran a 4.3. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I understand the anxiety behing drafting a WR because of the past, but you really need to look to 2006 to find a WR that BB drafted high without and red flags. At some point you need to give it another shot and stop trying to find life in the Ochocincos and Joey Galloways.

Yeah, well it can be hard not to make it about race sometimes. If anything it will hurt his value and allow him to fall to the pats.I really think this guy can do it all. Block, run deep, play slot, take a hit, catch the ball... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

why draft defense and wait till they develop, draft offense and sign some vetran defensive guys to work with the young guys you can have h young guys develop with the vets on offense .

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

We need WR's, especially if Lloyd is gone.

Just based on watching tape, I like Swope better most other WR's.

He played against top competition, and did very well against them.

When I look at Tavon Austin's youtube, he's often playing against lower competition.

I also don't see other WR's running the same route tree as Swope.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

You're really blind.  NE needs like 2-3 adds on D and a whole host of tweaks on offense based on what happens at WR and Tackle.

Offense wins championships. Balanced offense.

I dunno Rusty.

I agree a good offense helps win championships especially when balanced, but I don't agree 'offense wins championships'.  I prefer playmaking defenses that get off the field in thrid downs seems to be the big ticket.  The NFL is becoming more of an offensive  game and I understand that, but the best offense two years in a row fizzeled out in the playoffs by running into a great defenses.  NE can and will score points, but our D has to be more consistant pass-rushing and covering IMO.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

People where amazed that a white kid could run a 4.3. Look at his NFL analysis and tell me that isnt your prototypical White boy WR analysis. Not tryng to make this about race i just found what they said in his analysis is funny considering he ran a 4.3. 

Can't really blame them...how many white guys do you know that have ran a 4.3? But I certainly get what you're saying - the truth is he doesn't look like a guy that can run a 4.3 based off his tape (he's not just blowing right past people like 4.3 guys do)...however when he gets behind the defense they don't catch him. Maybe it was the system holding him back? Or the QB?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts